• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'd like to create some more Norse pages to create more interesting matches. For instance, creating pages for Ymir and Starkaðr due to their legendary status. Both these characters are more powerful than Thor and Odin, and required combined efforts to kill them. Would it be possible to create profiles for them, or is there too little information?
I plan to make Ymir and Starkadr profiles down the line, tho only Starkadr is stronger than Thor and Odin, not Ymir. Odin did have his brothers by his side in the Ymir fight, but ultimately it was Odin who landed the final blow and had to bear literally all of the chaos that gushed out of Ymir's body right in the face.

Lol, what? Starkadr yes but Odin soloed Ymir. He didn't even make it sound like a bitter fight.
Yeah, if anything, Odin tried to brag about what it takes to control such a force of nature but ultimately he didn't care much about it in the first place.

I plan to make Ymir and Starkadr profiles down the line, tho only Starkadr is stronger than Thor and Odin, not Ymir. Odin did have his brothers by his side in the Ymir fight, but ultimately it was Odin who landed the final blow and had to bear literally all of the chaos that gushed out of Ymir's body right in the face.
What about a Faye page?

And maybe Thrudd should get one? She seemed to be comparable to Atreus.

Not sure if she has other scaling/feats, maybe you do.

What about a Faye page?
Yeah, she'd backscale from a drunken Thor and would scale to a seriously-out-of-shape-weakened Kratos. Just need to find proper high-res pics.

And maybe Thrudd should get one? She seemed to be comparable to Atreus.

Not sure if she has other scaling/feats, maybe you do.
Thrud's kinda currently lacking feats, maybe once we research her more something might come out of it.

Lol, what? Starkadr yes but Odin soloed Ymir. He didn't even make it sound like a bitter fight.
As the progenitor of the entire Norse Realm, it seems pretty clear he should be superior to his ancestors. We shouldn't fully use Odin's conversation with Atreus as proof of how hard the battle was for him. Odin is a liar and manipulator: he was still trying to goad and manipulate Atreus to trust him. He wanted to make what he did seem like the actions of a cocky young man who just acted in the moment, when it was actually a thought-out, sadistic plan to kill Ymir out of his sense of superiority. Why wouldn't he try to lie and make it sound to Atreus that he killed Ymir single-handed instead of the combiened effort from his brothers? It makes Odin look more powerful and impressive in the eyes of Atreus. It's better to use a less objective point based on the stories provided before by Mimir: Ymir was killed through a combined effort of Odin and his brothers.

As the progenitor of the entire Norse Realm, it seems pretty clear he should be superior to his ancestors. We shouldn't fully use Odin's conversation with Atreus as proof of how hard the battle was for him. Odin is a liar and manipulator: he was still trying to goad and manipulate Atreus to trust him. He wanted to make what he did seem like the actions of a cocky young man who just acted in the moment, when it was actually a thought-out, sadistic plan to kill Ymir out of his sense of superiority. It's better to use a less objective point based on the stories provided before: Ymir was killed through a combined effort of Odin and his brothers.
Except Mimir himself confirms that Odin killed Ymir.

And being a progenitor means nothing. The Primordials are progenitors of the Greek World and they're fodder.

Like, can we generally stop using "but he's a manipulator!" like Odin somehow breathing is a lie too?

Except Mimir himself confirms that Odin killed Ymir.

And being a progenitor means nothing. The Primordials are progenitors of the Greek World and they're fodder.

Like, can we generally stop using "but he's a manipulator!" like Odin somehow breathing is a lie too?
I wasn't saying that Odin didn't kill Ymir. Mimir confirms that Odin killed Ymir alongside his brothers, Vii and Ve, which is very important to consider. I was saying that Odin didn't kill Ymir easily, and he never explicitly said he killed Ymir himself.

I wasn't saying that Odin didn't kill Ymir. Mimir confirms that Odin killed Ymir alongside his brothers, Vii and Ve, which is very important to consider. I was saying that Odin didn't kill Ymir easily, and he never explicitly said he killed Ymir himself.
Vili and Ve aren't ever mentioned though.

She's visually stronger than Atreus so we could go from there. "At most 2-C".
True, she easily wields these 2 swords that are so heavy Atreus couldn't lift one.

She also took a hit from Garm, and took punches from Heimdall (when one punch to the gut had Atreus on his knees and hands), and took a Mjolnir attack from Odin.

She also manhandled multiple Enerjhar at once, when Atreus actually kinda struggled with them (albeit not too much).

I wasn't saying that Odin didn't kill Ymir. Mimir confirms that Odin killed Ymir alongside his brothers, Vii and Ve, which is very important to consider.
Not really, Villi and Ve are bystanders when Odin lands the final blow as the murals show. They're never mentioned again.

I was saying that Odin didn't kill Ymir easily, and he never explicitly said he killed Ymir himself.
It took Odin a lot of effort, but no, he explicitly confirmed Atreus's notions of having landed the final blow on Ymir himself in the very cave where the rift was (Before Asgard was fully forged), Odin himself says that when he did it he was very young and foolish, indicating that he was a teen or a young adult when he did it. Ultimately, it wouldn't matter, because after gutting Ymir he was the only guy who took literally most of the cosmic flood that gushed out of Ymir's body face-first.

Not really, Villi and Ve are bystanders when Odin lands the final blow as the murals show. They're never mentioned again.

It took Odin a lot of effort, but no, he explicitly confirmed Atreus's notions of having landed the final blow on Ymir himself in the very cave where the rift was (Before Asgard was fully forged), Odin himself says that when he did it he was very young and foolish, indicating that he was a teen or a young adult when he did it. Ultimately, it wouldn't matter, because after gutting Ymir he was the only guy who took literally most of the cosmic flood that gushed out of Ymir's body face-first.
All I'm trying to say that it was a joint effort. The mural shows the Villi and Ve did indeed contribute to the battle. Again, I've never said Odin didn't kill Ymir or land the final blow. I'm just saying that Ymir's superior if it took all three to kill Ymir.

All I'm trying to say that it was a joint effort. The mural shows the Villi and Ve did indeed contribute to the battle. Again, I've never said Odin didn't kill Ymir or land the final blow. I'm just saying that Ymir's superior if it took all three to kill Ymir.
Doubt it, given that Odin literally face-tanked Ymir's Life-Essence flood head on that threatened to take out all of creation and would undeniably be just as powerful as if not more powerful than Odin himself, that and this was done by a young Odin who had not yet reached his prime even.

.....We have nothing about that fight beyond what Odin and Mimir confirm. Vili and Ve exist in the murals alone. Not even Atreus mentioned them when he saw it.

For all we know they just stand around and cheer Odin on. Or they really do team up to kill Ymir. Point is that using that one mural and extrapolating everything is asinine.

Good thing this wiki doesn't tier things according to "hype".
She holds her own against Kratos and Freya. That's enough for her to be in the same range as Thor.

And lmfao Thor isn't the strongest god in the verse. The strongest Aesir perhaps but even then, the gaps between them aren't large enough for it to matter.
I meant in the Norse saga only, my bad.

Thor is only stated by the Artbook, official blog and Ragnarok to only be the strongest Norse God out there, not the strongest God ever in the verse
I meant that, my bad lol.

She holds her own against Kratos and Freya. That's enough for her to be in the same range as Thor.
We dunno tho how much effort It recquired, this Is like saying that some bosses fought against Kratos to It scales to him, It doesn't work like that.
I would not use gameplay to tell how much Nidhogg pushed both, It could actually be kinda of easy.

We dunno tho how much effort It recquired, this Is like saying that some bosses fought against Kratos to It scales to him, It doesn't work like that.
I would not use gameplay to tell how much Nidhogg pushed both, It could actually be kinda of easy.
Literally all of the struggling scenes are QTE and cutscenes so that goes right out of the window.

It forces Kratos and Freya in every single QTE. Not to mention it gnaws at the roots of the Yggdrasil without issue and her babies alone could devour the Nine Realms. So she is very much at that ballpark of power.

Literally all of the struggling scenes are QTE and cutscenes so that goes right out of the window.
Still, I don't see why Thor would not be able to evade most of Nidhogg's attacks and pull out a W.
Also If we want to play the same game, Surtr before becoming Ragnarok could already send Kratos easily fly away with no visible effort, Thor took on Ragnarok (Who was gradually growing as stronger according to Kratos) and Jörmugandr at the same time.

Still, I don't see why Thor would not be able to evade most of Nidhogg's attacks and pull out a W.
Also If we want to play the same game, Surtr before becoming Ragnarok could already send Kratos easily fly away with no visible effort, Thor took on Ragnarok (Who was gradually growing as stronger according to Kratos) and Jörmugandr at the same time.

You are comparing harmlessly pushing someone who was off guard away, to almost crushing Kratos in his maw, shoving both of them back repeatedly in an actual fight, needing two top level gods to beat you and being stronger than offspring that can devour the Realms.

Thor doesn't have Kratos experience against equal opponents and monsters or Freya's own skill and magical versatility.

You are comparing harmlessly pushing someone who was off guard away, to almost crushing Kratos in his maw
Not so different from what the drekis can visually do, but lore helps here since Atreus mocks drekis saying that they are Just mere drekis and that they've defeated valkyries.
But you know, I think It Is no different from showing Kratos recquiring Atreus or Freya help to finish drekis.
It Is still game mechanic to some point, and keep in mind Kratos did fight a dreki in the main story.

Of course I am not comparing Nidhogg to a Dreki, lmao, it's Just to give you an idea of not considering everytime that someone struggles against "monstrous" enemies as a proof.

I think Nidhogg has solid reasons for scaling to the same tier of Kratos, Freya and so on, I just think that the likes of Jörmugandr, Thor and so on would pull a W in a fight because I didn't see any Kratos comments on Nidhogg being the strongest he has ever faced in the Norse saga, comments he did with Sigrun and later on with Thor.

Not so different from what the drekis can visually do, but lore helps here since Atreus mocks drekis saying that they are Just mere drekis and that they've defeated valkyries.
But you know, I think It Is no different from showing Kratos recquiring Atreus or Freya help to finish drekis.
It Is still game mechanic to some point, and keep in mind Kratos did fight a dreki in the main story.

Of course I am not comparing Nidhogg to a Dreki, lmao, it's Just to give you an idea of not considering everytime that someone struggles against "monstrous" enemies as a proof.
Dreki are random fodder that can be fought off using the same QTEs. Nidhogg is a unique boss with unique QTEs. The two aren't comparable.

I think Nidhogg has solid reasons for scaling to the same tier of Kratos, Freya and so on, I just think that the likes of Jörmugandr, Thor and so on would pull a W in a fight because I didn't see any Kratos comments on Nidhogg being the strongest he has ever faced in the Norse saga, comments he did with Sigrun and later on with Thor.
Mostly because Nidhogg was an unwanted casualty, he didn't want to fight her at all because she posed no threat to his livelihood, whereas he fought Thor and Sigrun because they threatened the Realms and needed to be brought down to bring balance.

@Lgamer099_99 If you wanna vote for Thor then sure. I just disagreed with the specific reasoning and Nidhogg downplay.
Nidhogg Is no joke, but It might be my own perception that makes me hard to Imagine Thor losing, especially "mid diff".
I can't really see that.
Nidhogg Is still a powerhouse to my eyes, one of the strongest in the Norse saga, she deserves her rank and I think she would beat the likes of Baldur if he was not invulnerable.

Nidhogg Is no joke, but It might be my own perception that makes me hard to Imagine Thor losing, especially "mid diff".
I can't really see that.
Nidhogg Is still a powerhouse to my eyes, one of the strongest in the Norse saga, she deserves her rank and I think she would beat the likes of Baldur if he was not invulnerable.
Personally, I think it's close but Thor's fighting an ancient monster that can claw holes through reality that breach across planes of existence, wield Bifrost and gnaw through the roots of a higher-dimensional entity with her teeth. The same monster that had to be beaten with teamwork between the strongest Vanir goddess and a self-exiled god killer.

Like, perception wise this doesn't challenge me much but that's probably because I'm not as taken in by the pop culture view of Thor as one of the peaks of the Norse World.

Thor took on Ragnarok (Who was gradually growing as stronger according to Kratos) and Jörmugandr at the same time.
Tbh, I personally don’t see this as meaning much. I kinda still believe that ragnarok wasn’t really all that focused on thor or at least enough that you could say that he was really trying to fight him in any other way, and all thor did to beat jormangundr was bonk him (it was kinda lame how it happened in-game tbh) slightly and BFR him away. Not to mention jormangundr still had plenty of energy left in him to fight thor immediately afterwards according to freya in the 2018 game.

But I still believe thor takes it, mainly because of his lore statements of being the strongest of the Aesir gods, and most likely being able to just dance around nidhogg via flight and just… dodging around through her attacks. Like, yeah she’s versatile, but a lot of her attacks are not all that hard to avoid. I mean, shit, if kratos did it why can’t thor?

A valid response but "if Kratos can do it, why can't Thor" is a very asinine sort of reasoning. One of them is a far more seasoned warrior with instinctive reaction and enhanced senses and the other is a blunt instrument.

A valid response but "if Kratos can do it, why can't Thor" is a very asinine sort of reasoning. One of them is a far more seasoned warrior with instinctive reaction and enhanced senses and the other is a blunt instrument.
I said more because thor has the speed to dodge and maneuver around nidhogg’s attacks. He’s even arguably a little more agile than kratos tbh. Definitely not faster in raw speed due to scaling, but in his fights against kratos he can dash around and cross vast distances, and does it constantly too. Kratos just sidesteps and does dark souls dodge rolls for the most part, though I understand if it’s really seen more as gameplay. And yes kratos does have far more warrior instinct and enhanced senses than thor, but a lot of nidhogg’s attacks that she does are just straight up telegraphed. I don’t think you need much as crazy warrior instinct as kratos to get out the way of most, or at least some of them.

The moves are telegraphed because you, the player, have to react to them.

Like, how would Thor know where to dodge the tail stabs? There's no exit portal and they can come from anywhere at all, with no tell. They distort space-time enough that they strike before the tail makes it through the portal.

How would he handle being clawed by something that can rend space-time? Or repeatedly being inundated by Bifrost explosions? And so on. Saying that it's dodgeable in gameplay where of course it has to be avoidable with your limited movement speed and maneuvers isn't that great of a support.

Thor is agile (Ragnarok fight shows it). But like, that doesn't necessarily mean he's dodging everything here.

There's no exit portal and they can come from anywhere at all, with no tell. They distort space-time enough that they strike before the tail makes it through the portal.
There’s a little glowing ball thing that appears where the tail is going to strike actually. I never noticed until literally just not, after watching it in a video. It’s hard to notice in the middle of the action but it’s there. Plus, thor can still just try to dodge it anyways if that’s not a good enough tell, because at least he can assume that when it does the tail thing, it’s going to come at him from some direction at his location, so all he needs to do is move away from where he currently is in. And if that doesn’t work, I don’t think it’ll just run him through because the space-time manip only applies mainly to it’s claws and teeth(?), no? Please correct me if I’m wrong. Though anyways, thor could then predict and learn how to dodge the attack again from the first time after it uses it on him, since it doesn’t majorly change up how it does the attack.

For getting hit by claws and bifrost? Well, of course he’s not going to be completely able to dodge EVERYTHING nidhogg throws at him. And Yknow what, I apologize if I made it seem like that’s what I was saying, but I think thor will be alright. The claws will go through him because thor has resistance to jack shit but, it’s technically not an instant kill depending on how it hits him, and he has pretty good endurance to being hit by normally lethally damage. For the bifrost, it’s not really an instant kill either. It’ll hurt him if the explosion is triggered, but he probably won’t be down for the count from getting hit by a couple of them. If anything, thor has a more reliable elemental attack that he could use to end the fight quickly if he needs to IMO; his lightning and electricity. Nidhogg does not have a resistance to that. Could possibly electrocute her to death pretty quickly.

The moves are telegraphed because you, the player, have to react to them.

Saying that it's dodgeable in gameplay where of course it has to be avoidable with your limited movement speed and maneuvers isn't that great of a support.
This is true, but gameplay is 90% of what we get from nidhogg as reference for how it fights, and for a good portion of her attacks, they’re telegraphed. Not even crazy telegraphed either like a Nintendo boss or something. Just telegraphed enough that thor should able to see a good amount of those attacks coming.

Back