• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Thor oneshots.
Really? How so? From how we've ranked the stats, Thor's power is around the level of Poseidon, Ares, and Hades. Atlas stated he could've easily wounded Hades grievously when they fought in the First Titanochomy if he'd been at his prime. Even after being weakened by having his soul removed and holding up the world, he nearly crushed GoW 2 Kratos. So stats should be at least comparable.

Yeah, Thor oneshots. Brother King Duo are already dimensions apart from Atlas in terms of power and prayer empowerment (Not to mention Hades having Atlas' soul) and Thor having Hippocamp comparisons to boot, with Hippocamps being able to easily oneshot Titans and being mere extensions of Poseidon's water form.

Really? How so? From how we've ranked the stats, Thor's power is around the level of Poseidon, Ares, and Hades. Atlas stated he could've easily wounded Hades grievously when they fought in the First Titanochomy if he'd been at his prime. Even after being weakened by having his soul removed and holding up the world, he nearly crushed GoW 2 Kratos. So stats should be at least comparable.
Uh, no? Titanomachy Hades and Poseidon are vastly weaker than their current selves, who scale to Thor's 9 universe feat. Atlas scales to 5 and thanks to how Tier 2 works, that's a oneshot.

Even if for whatever reason we ignored tiering, Current Poseidon oneshots Titans with ease and Thor scales to him.

Really? How so? From how we've ranked the stats, Thor's power is around the level of Poseidon, Ares, and Hades. Atlas stated he could've easily wounded Hades grievously when they fought in the First Titanochomy if he'd been at his prime.
GoW3 Hades >>>>>>>>>>> First Titanomachy Hades due to having absorbed Atlas' soul for himself and growing even stronger over the millenium post-war due to the souls and due to prayer empowerment and whatnot, right in the beginning of GoW3 Poseidon and Hades were one-shotting peak-level Titans left and right, the Titans brought from the Great War to the present. The Olympians at this point even in their lonesome are far too strong for the Titans to handle at this point, forcing Kratos to take matters into his own hands to decimate both Titans and Olympians.

Even after being weakened by having his soul removed and holding up the world, he nearly crushed GoW 2 Kratos. So stats should be at least comparable.
GoW2 Kratos is nowhere near his GoW3 Beginning self in terms of stats. He has just come back to Tier 2, there is still the need to regain his godly powers from the Blade to stand a chance against Zeus.

I see. I never played any of the God of War games before Norse saga, so I'm not fully up to date with all the battles which took place. I plan to get GoW 3 sometime soon, though.

Huh. Well, Nidhogg can create Realm Tears with her Claws so Thor would be a goner if those land. At the same time, Mjolnir would land devastating hits and Thor's lightning would paralyse her long enough for them to land.

Ultimately, close but I'm giving it to Nidhogg. She's capable of long term hit and run tactics via her realm tears, can use Bifrost to detonate explosions on Thor repeatedly or strike with her tail from angles he'd be hard pressed to counter. And this time it's a one-on-one that the Lindwyrm matriarch is dealing with.

That would just be a hax stomp, right?
Just a hax stomp? Just a hax stomp? Nah.

GoW3 Endgame Pre-Hope Kratos would mop the floor with Thor with AP alone, bear in mind that Thor didn't fight Going-All-Out Kratos, he got punched by that version once and ****** off, and when he fought a serious Kratos again in the rematch who was still actively trying to hold back on his Rage, he got handily beat by the God of War. If Kratos really gave in to his anger and unleashed the monster within him to his fullest potential, Thor would have his face caved in, ignoring the fact that GoW3 Kratos's Accelerated Development is on another level compared to his Norse self.

Just a hax stomp? Just a hax stomp? Nah.

GoW3 Endgame Pre-Hope Kratos would mop the floor with Thor with AP alone, bear in mind that Thor didn't fight Going-All-Out Kratos, he got punched by that version once and ****** off, and when he fought a serious Kratos again in the rematch who was still actively trying to hold back on his Rage, he got handily beat by the God of War. If Kratos really gave in to his anger and unleashed the monster within him to his fullest potential, Thor would have his face caved in, ignoring the fact that GoW3 Kratos's Accelerated Development is on another level compared to his Norse self.
Yea, that's why I just added a stomp in general. I wouldn't say that AP wise, Thor would be totally stomped. Even after getting that full-power punch to the face from Kratos, he didn't seem intimidated or worried. Kratos also had the Draupnir Spear to help in their second match, and Kratos had fought Thor after he'd battled both Jormungander and Ragnarok. But the AD and RE from Kratos would still probably turn the tide very quickly, regardless.

Still, anybody know what's wrong with the nidhogg tag? I don't understand why it's not linking from Nidhogg's page even though I copied the text exactly. Does it need an accent mark or something?

Yea, that's why I just added a stomp in general. I wouldn't say that AP wise, Thor would be totally stomped. Even after getting that full-power punch to the face from Kratos, he didn't seem intimidated or worried,
Thor only got hit once, he didn't get hit by a barrage of them. GoW3 Kratos won't stop there, he'll keep pummeling Thor in the face like he did Hercules without any mercy until Thor's face is mush. Ragnarok Kratos while being super serious but still holding back soundly defeated a fully-enraged-and-bloodlusted Thor and was relatively okay from it.

and Kratos also had the Draupnir Spear to help.
Again, that's Ragnarok Kratos, whom Mimir warned to keep his rage in control. GoW3 Kratos is basically seeing red, nothing you say or do will pull him out of his trance, and it takes just one bad line to push him off the edge and brutally dismember you.

But the AD and RE from Kratos would still probably turn the tide very quickly regardless.
GoW Kratos's AD and RE are busted, passive and keep pushing on with every passing moment, Thor will be dead within a second or less due to the gap between each AD progression of Kratos being that massive. Hell, it even allowed Kratos to keep up on par with Zeus, whose AD is even more busted and gets triggered at the mere idea of trying to touch him or pin him down. There's a good reason Odin didn't want to fight that version and wanted to keep it mellowed out, because if Kratos got triggered to the point of no return, the Norse Pantheon would be just as dead as the Greek Pantheon. Plain and simple.

Still, anybody know what's wrong with the nidhogg tag? I don't understand why it's not linking from Nidhogg's page even though I copied the text exactly. Does it need an accent mark or something?
No, it shouldn't, page name is in normal English.

Thor.
Nothing in-lore indicates that Nidhogg Is this powerful, Thor could held both Ragnarok and Jörmugandr at the same time, and tell me what you want but "the dimension destroyer" Ragnarok Is way way more hyped than Nidhogg and implied to be the strongest among "creatures".
I think you people are understimating Thor, not a lot of people can say they survived an encounter with him, he's still the phyisically strongest God in the verse.

08:09

Thor.
Nothing in-lore indicates that Nidhogg Is this powerful, Thor could held both Ragnarok and Jörmugandr at the same time, and tell me what you want but "the dimension destroyer" Ragnarok Is way way more hyped than Nidhogg and implied to be the strongest among "creatures".
I think you people are understimating Thor, not a lot of people can say they survived an encounter with him, he's still the phyisically strongest God in the verse.

Good thing this wiki doesn't tier things according to "hype".

She holds her own against Kratos and Freya. That's enough for her to be in the same range as Thor.

And lmfao Thor isn't the strongest god in the verse. The strongest Aesir perhaps but even then, the gaps between them aren't large enough for it to matter.

Thor.

Physically strongest God in the Verse

Not by a long ******* shot. Zeus and GoW3 Kratos take that throne by leagues and bounds beyond Thor. You're wanking Thor way too much. Even the Brother Kings would decimate him with their ranged hax and massive upscaling chain.

Thor is only stated by the Artbook, official blog and Ragnarok to only be the strongest Norse God out there, not the strongest God ever in the verse. And even then, he has little to no hax, nor does he have hax resistance like the rest of his Aesir Brethren especially compared to a highly-versatile dura-negging lizard that tears holes through Realms and shit.

It's baffling that we see Kratos throw a bloodlusted Thor around like a sack of potatoes in their rematch and still get stuff like this.

The same Kratos to whom Freya is compared as an equal twice (with Freya herself being Odin's deadliest enemy and leading the war with Asgard to a stalemate). And both of them had to take Nidhogg seriously.

Zeus and GoW3 Kratos would ******* murk Thor on the basis of their AD and RE alone, never mind the fact that Zeus can power null with literally every single one of his attacks or just by breathing, can soul rip with a mere ******* gesture far away from his intended victim, can shake pantheons with his voice, dig portals across and zenkais like crazy, even making Kratos struggle to put up a stalemate against him.

And GoW3 Kratos? Busted AD and RE, shitton of hax, lots of equipment, range, soul and concept fuckery with physical contact, able to deconstruct with Poseidon's Rage, murks Type 1 Concept Primordials like Thanatos and literally keeps up with Zeus' insane latent power growth. And is also a massive hax resistance tank.

Zeus and GoW3 Kratos would ******* murk Thor on the basis of their AD and RE alone, never mind the fact that Zeus can power null with literally every single one of his attacks or just by breathing, can soul rip with a mere ******* gesture far away from his intended victim, can shake pantheons with his voice, dig portals across and zenkais like crazy, even making Kratos struggle to put up a stalemate against him.

And GoW3 Kratos? Busted AD and RE, shitton of hax, lots of equipment, range, soul and concept fuckery with physical contact, able to deconstruct with Poseidon's Rage, murks Type 1 Concept Primordials like Thanatos and literally keeps up with Zeus' insane latent power growth. And is also a massive hax resistance tank.
Hopefully the Ragnarok novel can give Norse Gods more hax...

Nvm that Faye and Thor split souls which should be on their profiles

I'd like to create some more Norse pages to create more interesting matches. For instance, creating pages for Ymir and Starkaðr due to their legendary status. Both these characters are more powerful than Thor and Odin, and required combined efforts to kill them. Would it be possible to create profiles for them, or is there too little information?

I'd like to create some more Norse pages to create more interesting matches. For instance, creating pages for Ymir and Starkaðr due to their legendary status. Both these characters are more powerful than Thor and Odin, and required combined efforts to kill them. Would it be possible to create profiles for them, or is there too little information?
Lol, what? Starkadr yes but Odin soloed Ymir. He didn't even make it sound like a bitter fight.

Back