• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

This is what happens when you let people do too much in an RP

See above.

Also, what do you mean "quantity" based mind resistance isn't enough? That's literally how we quantify it.

Necromancy on her level should be able to get past comparable magic resist. When Vile (who's power she is using) attacked Cleavers as a 9-B, the Cleavers were cut through and killed, despite the fact that they wore uniforms that can make other 9-B magic just "fold" around them without affecting them.

It's not how digimon's mind hax works. They can physically interact with each other's digicores, which are each other's minds/souls. And they do so through sheer AP, just because they can interact with those cores. A 6-B digimon could completely ignore an infinite number of 9-B digimons smacking at its mind/soul simply because it's too powerful for them to damage its mind/soul, regardless of number, but that same 6-B would have their mind and soul destroyed by a 3-C digimon because it does outpower it in AP.

No, it shouldn't. Her being stronger does not inherently mean it bypasses resistance. Additionally, like I said, Vaerun has negged 6-B magic before, so this point is hugely moot.

Digimon is a special case and you know that. A special case that was debated to death and is still shaky. Mindhax is measured in number of minds. I can pull up Elder Brain's stuff if you like but Vaerun just

negs magic, says a word, and wins.

It's not that she's stronger, it's that these people are wearing equipment that causes magic to just not work on them, and Rose's power lolnopes that.

It's a special case that applies to her? Her's isn't measured in number of minds, it's measured in her physical power and ability to physically tear her enemy's mind apart. And I would like you to bring up Elder Brain's stuff, yes.

How. Because you're just saying... it does.

I will but if you simply say she is an exception to all rules then it won't matter. Not that any of this does. PWK.

Because it does? No reason is given, it's just most magic just doesn't work on cleavers, but Vile's magic does.

He has to say a word

If he can't resist her shadows and mind hax, she has to think.

So we really need to work out whether he can.

Resistance =/= Power Null.

I mean we've established he can resist shadows with the only argument to the contrary that "her magic is higher in AP", when he's negged 6-B magic before.

Well I'm glad this can go more then "X does this" "But X has this Fearhax that activates literally every time he makes an offensive action" "holey mother of stomp" "no it's not"

Because now it's past that and into "but he also has this which can deal with this"

Ok, for some reason I was under the impression you were saying he resisted it. I don't know if this means anything here, but Vile was able to temporarily stop Darquesse from hijacking his magic and forcing it away from him.

You said he can resist shadows physically intereacting with him, which makes this more of a problem because if they can't physically interact with him they go straight through him and hit his soul/mind.

A colony varies heavily, but at peak ranges in the low hundreds of thousands (a large city) plus whatever slaves they have.

And no, I don't think they do. The shadows are unable to interact with him metaphysically, too, which this will serve as a quick example of.

I don't see how that's metaphysical? It's shadows that explode and do damage based on strength. That sounds physical to me.

Daze effects in verse are caused by hypnotism. Mind.

It should also be noted that Vaerun just instant power-nulling magic is a very real possibility here considering his own Power Null is far from baseline (a Spell Resistance score of 11 is roughly baseline, Vaerun's is in the 40s, take that for what you will).

Always hypnotism? Because it seems like you could be dazed pretty easily from having a bunch of shadows explode out of your chest. It even says Fortitude negates, that sounds like a physical thing not a mind thing to me.

Ok, for the sake of not getting into an argument over digimon mind hax vs normal mind hax, I'll say that hive mind stuff makes his mind durable enough. But what about his soul?

Other explosions don't do the same. As for soul negging, see Acererak again, a Soul Devourer who was using the souls to ascend to godhood (and a canon character, oddly enough, with very few adjustments- the art on his page is actually for the canon character).

As for quantity, it isn't some over the top world number, but as far as I know it was in the thousands. Acererak needed a city's worth of souls to begin ascending by force.

Eh

Alright

Veuran ignores her starting moves and speaks.

Just you wait until Rose gets her next set of powers, then she'll have the soul hax she needs

I mean

okay

Vaerun isn't my character and his profile is probably already outdated considering how fast the bastard levels up but noted.

Monarch Laciel said:
Just you wait until Rose gets her next set of powers, then she'll have the soul hax she needs
The person above is hella gay
The person above is hella gay

Also vote counted

Or, will be counted

I will also say Monarch gets oofed for reasons above

Just get EE'd. ez.

Anyone have an issue with adding this now? Gotta go to work in a couple of hours and I'd rather add before I forget.

Not like we can't just add slightly later

Hoho

I do not forget

I never forget the taste of Monarch's characters being hecked

so only when they win kek

Wrong kind of hecking, I mean, getting beaten by another work of bad balencing acts in a glorious fashio

If it helps for the balancing thing. In verse, a lot of this is balanced since creatures comparable to Vaerun generally resists his hax. Hell Mogar can resist a lot of his stuff (sometimes). So he isn't badly balanced, he just gets to greater heights faster by knowing how to do such things.

So yes but no, basically.

Look again DMUA,

Back