• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

This is probably a very bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy

The SOUL is not controlled by the brain. The SOUL is what SAVEs and LOADs.

Therefore, even if Frisk's brain is replaced, his SOUL will still be able to SAVE and LOAD independent of his physical body.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
My dude, you are arguing for mind manipulation done directly by altering Frisk's brain.
Frisk can reload when their brain isn't functioning because they are dead. This isn't like someone using a magic power to stop them from doing something.
The Brain isn't dead. It's healthy and alive the whole way through.

And yes, it's very similar to what you just described, except magic isn't involved.

Dargoo Faust said:
Frisk is still alive, though. Their mind is just being altered. If Frisk was mindhaxxed, would the SOUL still be able to reload? If so, when did that happen in Undertale?
No, it isn't. This blatantly ignores how Undertale works. Frisk's "mind" and sense of self is contained in their SOUL. That is the culmination of their being. This SOUL maintains its will and power beyond Frisk's physical self, after death, and even pushes back after being shattered.

The mind alteration you are arguing for, again, is done altering the brain of Frisk's physical self. That doesn't cut it.

This blatantly ignores how Undertale works. Frisk's "mind" and sense of self is contained in their SOUL. That is the culmination of their being. This SOUL maintains its will and power beyond Frisk's physical self, after death, and even pushes back after being shattered.
Frisk's mind is contained in their Soul? When was that stated or implied?

Dargoo Faust said:
The Brain isn't dead. It's healthy and alive the whole way through.

And yes, it's very similar to what you just described, except magic isn't involved.
Then it isn't even remotely similar, because it's not affecting Frisk's SOUL.

Then it isn't even remotely similar, because it's not affecting Frisk's SOUL.
So, magical mindhax that doesn't affect the soul wouldn't have any affect on Frisk's ability to SAVE/LOAD?

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
I'm actually legitimatly curious to see where everyone falls on the ship thing, though it might actually be obvious based on the arguments.
Considering that our bodies do not have any of the same cells we had 7 years ago, yet we are still ourselves, I actually fall on the "still the same thing" side.

However, this isn't being the same thing, this is being a weird alien cell'd replica.

Monarch Laciel said:
Considering that our bodies do not have any of the same cells we had 7 years ago, yet we are still ourselves, I actually fall on the "still the same thing" side.
However, this isn't being the same thing, this is being a weird alien cell'd replica.
Not entirely true.

If I replaced parts of you with robotic parts that had the exact same form and function, then replaced your brain with a robotic brain your mind was exactly programmed into, would the end-result still be you?

@Dargoo

Not really

Your personality would be removed and replaced with a simulation

Edwardtruong2006 said:
@Dargoo
Not really

Your personality would be removed and replaced with a simulation
Then, let's change the linguistics. If I "transfered" your mind to the robotic one, your personalities and memories, wouldn't the robotic mind be the new "you"?

Alright, to save everyone some time, I re-read some of the comments, and I noticed that I missed one of Monarch's that actually had a pretty decent justification for Frisk's SOUL thinking and acting independent of the body, so I'll begrudingly hand this argument over and we can stop discussing philosophy, lol.

So, this is probably a mismatch now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back