• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thematic matchups that would be/are stomps

Real weird seeing benten next to genshin, but I get it now
I found it weird too at first glance lmfao, but its thematically perfect imo

A shame malware curbstomps the hell out of scaramouche

like even if u scale scaramouche to star level and downplay the hell out of malware, malware would just blitz and absorb

I can now say Mash Burnedead vs Asta

Both are magicless in a world of magic and rely on physical power, their final opponents are the most powerful in the verse and use time as their main source of magic, both have similar friend groups.... you get the picture

Malware(ben 10) vs the wanderer(genshin impact)
6vnzfa8y0ypa1.png
If this make Wanderer got stomped so hard then i'm all for it

Heck, i f***ing hope all of his MU are a murder-stomp against him, he deserve major L streak

Thorfinn VS Guts would be heat. Imagine they fight each other, thinking the other is in the way of their quest for revenge. The battle ends in a stalemate. Then, later on, they cross paths again, after Guts comes to the realization that he wants to be happy, and after Thorfinn realizes he has no enemies, simply looking at each other briefly and then going their separate ways.

Griffith vs Makima

Both demons/eldrich entities that have taken the form of a human.

Both personally ruin the main protagonist's life despite initially having their trust/admiration. With both protagonists having worked underneath them prior.

Both have abilities that allow them to gain a mass amount of followers, both human and demon.

Both highly cunning and manipulative

Griffith vs Makima

Both demons/eldrich entities that have taken the form of a human.

Both personally ruin the main protagonist's life despite initially having their trust/admiration. With both protagonists having worked underneath them prior.

Both have abilities that allow them to gain a mass amount of followers, both human and demon.

Both highly cunning and manipulative
Thematically incredible match up but Makima's probably getting a taste of her own medicine and getting empathically manipulated into serving him since even a super-powerful and egotistical demon who absolutely ******* hated him almost started simping for Griffith as soon as he turned on his Empathic Manip aura

Retsu Unohana VS Dracule Mihawk - Two mentor characters heralded as the strongest that beat the brakes off the people they want to surpass them with blades.

Kenpachi Zaraki VS Roronoa Zoro - The students of said mentors that surpass or are in the process of surpassing them.

I even thought about Unohana VS Zoro, which would be a similar situation to Zaraki fighting her. He wants to become the World's Strongest Swordsman, and she helps him by literally killing and healing him and forcing him into a situation where he has to get stronger, similar to what she did for Kenpachi in the TYBW Arc.. I could actually see this being effective for Zoro, given how Haki greatly improves in intensive combat. I don't think he'd close the gap like Kenpachi did in this situation, but I can see him getting a lot stronger, with Unohana killing Zoro, bringing him back, and maybe the fight concluding if/when Zoro gets to the point where he can leave a scar on Unohana.

BoBxdsn.jpg

1. Both are obsessed with destiny, a pretty pivotal part to both of their characters.
2. Both carry themselves with class and elegance. You can tell that by their mannerisms and the way they talk, as well as their theme music.
3. Despite looking like honorable and respectable people, both have a mean streak that makes them very dangerous to fight against.
4. Both are/were a part of factions (Stellaron Hunters and The League of Nations).

So way back then before the 2-A MLP upgrade, it was not very easy to find MLP matches for the mid tiers. Thankfully there was DC Comics but other than that, I wasn't familiar with other 4-B verses. One of said verse that I encountered was 40K and for the time-being, I actually considered making a versus thread between them... I didn't, thankfully. But now that I'm sort of familiar with the verse, I think I can think of a number of good MUs (Obviously still stomps but I can sort of make connections between them)

So for one, let's start with Starlight Glimmer vs Magnus the Red

Similarities
*Both are extremely proficient with magic in-verse
*Both are quite arrogant and believe they know better than everyone around them, much to their detriment oftentimes
*Both start out in a position of comfort before a particular incident forced them out of it (Starlight losing her cult and Magnus getting censured)
*Both have a final confrontation with the person heavily involved in the aforementioned incident which caused them to change their allegiances (Starlight vs Twilight in The Cutie Re-Mark leading to Starlight getting redeemed and Magnus vs Russ in the Burning of Prospero leading to Magnus finally going traitor)
*Both have a vibrant color scheme

Contrasts
*Already brought this up on the second last comment but essentially while Starlight became a better person and developed a good relationship with the person she had fought, Magnus went traitor and developing a grudge on the one who in his eyes, ruined everything
*Fan reaction towards their change of heart. A lot of fans did not take Starlight's redemption very well, most of the time believing that it is unearned, that she didn't suffer any consequences, or that she should've stayed a villain. Magnus on the other hand was beloved and defended by a lot in the fanbase with "Magnus did nothing wrong" being a common statement

Back