• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thel Vadam(The Arbiter) vs Guts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golden Age Guts vs Kaidon Armor Thel. (Both 9-A) Thel has an energy sword, and up to 9-B energy weapons. For the sake of this scenario we will assume that Guts' sword can clash with the energy sword with no difficulties.

Both in character.

Speed equal.

Standard Battle asumptions.

Who wins and why?

Victory by KO.

Guts:3 DarkDragonMedeus, TheManJRequiem, TheGlassman12

Thel:0

Inconclusive:0

I'm going to go with Guts with high difficulty. Guts is on the higher end of the 9-A range iirc; At least 9-A vs 9-A. Additionally, he's got a bigger sword, which gives him better range for his sword slashes. Although, I will note that the plasma rifle among other things is probably a much better projectile than that repeater Crossbow. Also, Thel is smarter overall, and definitely smarter when it comes to being a leader, but I think guts is the better swordsman in a one on one combat. I'm also positive that Golden Age Guts doesn't have that cannon.

Additionally Guts most likely has much greater pain tolerance and stamina, this also gives him the edge in head on combat. So I'm going to say that Guts wins by a hair.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I'm going to go with Guts with high difficulty. Guts is on the higher end of the 9-A range iirc; At least 9-A vs 9-A. Additionally, he's got a bigger sword, which gives him better range for his sword slashes. Although, I will note that the plasma rifle among other things is probably a much better projectile than that repeater Crossbow. Also, Thel is smarter overall, and definitely smarter when it comes to being a leader, but I think guts is the better swordsman in a one on one combat. I'm also positive that Golden Age Guts doesn't have that cannon.
Additionally Guts most likely has much greater pain tolerance and stamina, this also gives him the edge in head on combat. So I'm going to say that Guts wins by a hair.
Vote counted. But I don't recall Golden Age Guts having the repeater crossbow.

Edit: Its also worth noting that Guts has Class 5 lifting Strength Vs Thel's class 10. Its listed at clkass 1 but it should be Class 10 since he is physically comparable to Spartans and Master Chief.

Oh yeah, Repeater Crossbow was probably attacked with the cybernetic arm; and Golden Age was before he cut off his own arm. Lifting strength is like one of the least important stats unless one character is like massively greater in that department; Class M vs Class 10 would be an example where it would be all that helpful. And I agree with that Thel should be Class 10, or at the very least a very high end of Class 5; he's still just a very little bit weaker physically.

Guts still has the slight upper hand in striking strength, as well as durability. I should also note that Guts' does have a similar ability to Master Chief, being that his luck is legendary; although, luck is a PIS thing to use in Vs threads tbh. Guts is obviously more unpredictable, giving he's the type of character who purposely lets himself get impaled just to gain an advantage.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Oh yeah, Repeater Crossbow was probably attacked with the cybernetic arm; and Golden Age was before he cut off his own arm. Lifting strength is like one of the least important stats unless one character is like massively greater in that department; Class M vs Class 10 would be an example where it would be all that helpful. And I agree with that Thel should be Class 10, or at the very least a very high end of Class 5; he's still just a very little bit weaker physically.
Guts still has the slight upper hand in striking strength, as well as durability. I should also note that Guts' does have a similar ability to Master Chief, being that his luck is legendary; although, luck is a PIS thing to use in Vs threads tbh. Guts is obviously more unpredictable, giving he's the type of character who purposely lets himself get impaled just to gain an advantage.
I would agree. Guts has the advantage in sheer ruthlessness, pain tolerance. As for durability and striking strength. What is the exact figure for Guts? I recall that the Spartan's 9-A feat was 167 or 312 megajoules of enegy witch scales to The Arbiter somewhat. The At least figure doesn't always gaurantee that a character will be higher up than another. For instance, there are some characters who are listed at At least 8-C but are baseline and get stomped by a likely 8-C in terms of AP.

Well, the thing is, that calc was performed using Spartan Charge, which is around twice as strong as the average Spartan punch, which would be around 156 megajoules still; additionally, Thel doesn't have that technique. NarutoForums is locked ATM, but I vaguely recall that Guts scaled to a feat around 400 megajoules, keyword being vaguely.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Well, the thing is, that calc was performed using Spartan Charge, which is around twice as strong as the average Spartan punch, which would be around 156 megajoules still; additionally, Thel doesn't have that technique. NarutoForums is locked ATM, but I vaguely recall that Guts scaled to a feat around 400 megajoules, keyword being vaguely.
So if that is true, 400 megajoules vs 157 megajoules. Yeah I'd give this to Guts with high difficulty.

Also, is there a reason why NarutoFourms is always locked?

Well, 400 megajoules isn't quite high enough for a "+" sign; that would be 533.46 megajoules is the requirement for that, but yeah, I still stand.

Edit: And reason NarutoForums is locked to non-users is to keep trolls out or something like that; you need to sign up and have at least 25 edits to few blogs on NF.

Guts for reasons above, I could add more reasons if need be (like choking out an apostle with his bare arms) but don't see much need.

Yeah, this is quite dated, so I'm going to go ahead and close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back