• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Writer Downgrade/Overvoid Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me get this straight, the Overmonitor has been established over and over as the litteral page where writers in DC use to draw comics, which are made of paper

The Writer rappresents every writer that has written for DC, aka it's a bunch of people, which you know, aren't infinite infinities above paper

So, either the Writer has to be downgraded to just High 1-A or the Overvoid needs to be likely 0, for the former being infinite trascendances above the latter makes absolutelly no sense whatsoover

Last edited:
It is more the limit between reality and fiction in DC cosmology than a litteral page you can use to cut your friend.

Otherwise rip tier 0. Writer

"Vastly above The Overvoid, seeing as it is just a sheet of paper from his/her perspective, and their will always exist beyond anything that can be drawn in it,"

Very much litteral

Wait what? How is the paper superior to the writer using it as a mere tool to draw on, and who views all of said drawings as powerless fictions to them?

How the overvoid be tier 0 when he literaly has someone (the writer) drawing and creating stuff inside of it againts the will of the overvoid

The Overvoid is nothing more than a fictional construct from the perspective of The Writer.
But I have to admit that seeing High 1-A characters and constructs just as fiction, does not necessarily qualifies for a 0, it could mean that this character is just too high in to High 1-A, but I’m not sure if this is the case for The Writer tho

Pretty much. But the writer isn't seeing it as fiction, but just a tool. While superior, but it isn't transcendence.

Hell, even if it was transcendence, I don't really think that alone is enough to warrant a tier 0, but I haven't read the comic so don't @ me =p

Oh I think I got what you guys are trying to say, the relationship between The Writer and Overvoid would be similar to Azathoth and Yog, while Azzy uses Yoggy as a tool and it’s clearly superior to him nothing can be created in the Cthulhu Mythos without Yoggy, so they are not in the same level of power but in the same level of importance, so they should share the same tier, that’s it?

My only doubt is what will happen to both Mandrakk and Cosmic Armor Superman, there's two versions when it comes to how they relate to The Overvoid, one (That I personally belive) Is that both Mandrakk and CA Superman are just mere infinetesimal aspects of The Overvoid, the other one is where Mandrakk and CA Superman are literally the half-extension of The Monitor Mind the Overvoid, than we have a problem considering a possible Tier 0 Overvoid.

Wait a minute, there's absolutely nothing to support Writer being infinitely above Overvoid, respectively, and even if that was the case, Writer would just be above baseline High 1-A, as the gap between High 1-A and 0 is not as simple as the gap between 1-A to High 1-A.
For Writer to be 0, it would have to be infinitely beyond any hierarchy made by stuff in the level of Overvoid, while also being infinitely beyond any cardinal that would be infinitely beyond that, which is seemingly unfounded beyond Writer simply using Overvoid as a way to do the plot for stuff that's below.

Overall, Writer and Overvoid should be both just downgraded to High 1-A, respectively.

the gap between High 1-A and 0 is not as simple as the gap between 1-A to High 1-A.
Perhaps my lack of sleep is ******* me over, but I'm not sure what you mean by that. Because simply transcending a H1A character similar to how they transcend 1-A characters, you'll be tier 0.

Either way, the writer is superior to Overvoid, but isn't transcendental over it in any way shape or form. What was the reason he got Tier 0 besides the fact that he is superior to Overvoid?

pretty sure that he means that the Writer doesn't transcend the Overvoid the same way how a H1A transcend 1-A (meaning not infinitely superior)
also and i'm pretty sure that was the reason for why TLOI got downgraded to High 1-A (due to having no evidence of being infinitely superior to the thing below her)

Ah, I see. Well, if the only reason that the writer is 0 was because he was superior to Overvoid, then honestly, I'm all in for downgrading him to H1A.

Perhaps my lack of sleep is ******* me over, but I'm not sure what you mean by that. Because simply transcending a H1A character similar to how they transcend 1-A characters, you'll be tier 0.
Not necessarily, thank cardinals for making it so... complicated, even if accurate.
Tier 0 starts at Mahlo-0, and that's about the criteria to quantify that value from what to you is High 1-A, in simple terms.

Knowning Ant, I'll go ahead and contact some DC experts and Ultima Reality, just in case.

I wouldn't be surprised if that could be the case, but apparently it does meet the criteria for tier 0.
Also, just finished contacting every staff member knowledgeable in DC plus a few others, and Ultima Reality.

Overvoid seems more like a weapon then it does a character. Otherwise, Matt's suggestion seems fine.

Also that DC "God" profile is a joke. It's the most headcanon thing ever. It's literally presenting the same thing as The Source / Over our and doesn't need to exist.

not the thread for that Matthew, keep those comments for a thread about deleting the "God" profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back