• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"The words rage and death. Should mean the same thing to you."

First off, you know better.
Second off, isn't that with the rapier? He's never landing an actual blow on Guts in sword combat.
I don't know how to respond to the first one but the second, no idea. All I know is that Livesey was never seen to attack first he just parries and counterattacks with a poke instinctively so that's that. With a rapier or not is unknown. All we know is that a single poke is all it takes.

Eh fair enough but at least tell me why isn't a single poke going to land on guts?
Because Guts and Livesey are in entirely different realms in terms of sword skills. In an actual sword fight, he's never going to land even a remote graze on Guts' bare skin.

I don't know how to respond to the first one but the second, no idea. All I know is that Livesey was never seen to attack first he just parries and counterattacks with a poke instinctively so that's that. With a rapier or not is unknown. All we know is that a single poke is all it takes.
If he never attacks first, why isn't Guts blowing him the **** out if Guts gets to attack first?
And yeah, he can react instinctively but Guts just counters back tho. But if it's described as a poke, I don't think bullets fall under a "poke" by definition of the word, if taken at face value that could including other things, but bullets I'm not sure "poke" by definition.

If he never attacks first, why isn't Guts blowing him the **** out if Guts gets to attack first?
And yeah, he can react instinctively but Guts just counters back tho. But if it's described as a poke, I don't think bullets fall under a "poke" by definition of the word, if taken at face value that could including other things, but bullets I'm not sure "poke" by definition.
I meant in a sword fight. Not a gun fight.

A poke with specifically a rapier.

That's vague...
Guts has fought and trained far beyond his capability since being born, he's partaken in wars with adults as a small child, He's fought countless men, even while wounded he could slay 100 men all at once (though he did get hit, he was being ganged).
He's the most skilled knight in the whole country.
And then he skillfucks and overpowers this other giga chad dude from a different country. He for fun, steamrolled some tournaments of skilled knights without getting touched.
Honestly I could go on, for hours, but I won't because you should read Berserk (I mean that btw, it's good, everyone should read it if they can stomach it). But yeah Guts is very skilled, it's all he's ever known and he lives and dies by the blade, and everything I just mentioned was done casually, for fun, years before this key or while injured.
the mf lasted ten seconds against Zodd

Then why Livesey has weapon mastery on his profile if his skills are worse than average? Azontr explain.
Nobody is saying he isn't skilled, just that Guts built diff when it comes to swordplay
He's dueled Zodd in a sword duel, and won later on, and Zodd has hundreds and hundreds of years of experience, going to war to war and just murdering everything
And Zodd lasted like, 3 minutes against Skull Knight

Stomp. Livesey obviously helps Guts overcome his trauma for many years, until he becomes stable enough to not be haunted by it. SMH.
Ngl, this is probably the most likely win condition for him.
But it's also Guts and Guts has enough inner turmoil, angst and unadulterated rage to fuel the fanfic of a tween who just found out what hot topic is.
Which is to say I don't think a shrink is helping Guts

Ngl, this is probably the most likely win condition for him.
But it's also Guts and Guts has enough inner turmoil, angst and unadulterated rage to fuel the fanfic of a tween who just found out what hot topic is.
Which is to say I don't think a shrink is helping Guts
That seems quite plausible innit?

I was a little serious actually
It's possible, but actually getting a Guts who just went through the Eclipse to calm the **** down and not brutalize you is a bit much.
If it was Golden Age or Boat Guts, you'd have a way better time talk no jutsu'ing him, but this Guts and most recent chapter Guts I'd wager would be nigh-impossible to talk to.

Back