• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Wiki's Strongest: Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
VelvetAngelzz said:
so is Athena still banned lol
Did you change Athena at all? Because as it is Protectors stomp.

i mean i have no idea what powers may apply to which key. That being said, a lot of those powers she has high resistance to. So idk. I'll just let that spot go

You should elaborate on those resistances.

But okay i'll try to explain full detail. One of Athena's traits is Called "The Warrior's will". She is supposed to represent every fighters ability to push through limits with will power. Her will is infallible is what i like to say. That being said, she has extremely high resistance towards anything that can be considered manipulation of her. Because of her will. So reality warping, telekinesis, matter manipulation, air manipulation, mind manipultion etc. See? anything considered manipulating her. Originally it was stated as immunity. But NLF is a thing and ppl had issues. Again she is supposed to be an ultimate fighter. What everyone should look up to and strive to achieve. So she has pretty much perfection in fighting skill, and renders most hax inefffective so it would result in a fight which is her domain anyway. She's broken but it don't matter because she only serves as a mentor. Projectile spam isn't very good either because she has vision combined with her godlike reflexes. Vision allows her to easily see openings and weak points in people, attacks and projectiles.

Resistances need feats too. Just saying that it's high doesn't make it high enough to work against all hax.

And she has them.. and i didn't say all hax. Just anything considered manipualtion of her. That's just how it is. Not all hax, manipulating her is the key thing.

Non that are explained on her profile. So if she has feats then explain those instead of just saying that her resistances are good.

Umm you need to understand how the power works more than anything. This lets you know if something would or wouldn't work even if it was never said or happened to her directly. That's because it is unfinished. The stuff i added previously in resistance was added because those were tried against her and didn't work. And it's all under the same cateogry as manipulating her. She has the feats of those things, i simply put it under powers and abilities. perpetual added potenially more because he understood how the power works.

"Reality Warping, and Existence Erasure (as well as potentially more) via Warrior's Will" this goes back to my second sentence. In the feats section i added stuff i thought was badass not her every showing of resistance. I only added one there. I don't even see that much detail on other profiles. They dont tell you to what extent etc. I dont get the point in ignoring word of god.

I'm not talking about feats of having a resistance to something, I'm talking about feats for how good those resistances are. Just saying that she resists reality warping doesn't make reality warping useless against her. She would need feats of resisting a certain level of reality warping.

Well, as i said, previously it was "Immunity". But a mod told me to change it to resistance so i did. It's not supposed to be resistance but i did it anyway. That's how good the resistance is supposed to be. I did state higher dimensionals are the limit. The reason it was immunity prior because there was no struggle. Like the fear wave thing, it flat out did not work. Same with telekinesis. Like if you ever playing pokemon and you use magnitude on something that is flying. It will say it doesn't effect. it's not supposed to even be a reistance but i let it slide cause ppl will say NLF.

People would say NLF, because that would be NLF. Also the fact that the fear wave didn't work on Athena doesn't mean much without feats for the fear wave.

More specifically, since it apparently extends to even the strongest beings in your verse:

What are some of the most potent and impressive (non-Attack Potency) things that characters like Gaea and The Guardia have done? It's my current understanding that they sit far superior to characters that created/can influence all of humanity.

@perpetual this applies to them as well, the thing with those characters, they don't need to use hax to win. Athena can't do anything if you wipe out the solar system. She still has durability. Non ap things? I mean, The Guardian can kill Catarina with a touch. Gaea doesn't really have any as she doesn't really intervene like that. But she your typical all powerful god.

WHYNAUT said:
People would say NLF, because that would be NLF. Also the fact that the fear wave didn't work on Athena doesn't mean much without feats for the fear wave.
Yea I'm not gunna even reply to you on that because you are going too deep. Like "yea well, how good is the resistance, oh yea? How good is the move? Oh yea how good is the move on certain ppl? How good are the resistances of certain people it was used on. I see where that is going and I'm gunna pass on that. Leave that to interpretation.

The entire point of profiles is that they give information on how powerful something is. Leaving it up to interpretation is exactly the opposite of what Athena needs. The fact that there are no actual feats for the potency of any of her resistances is the reason she's currently banned from this list (and matchups?).

As a general rule, potency as it regards powers that are often considered "hax" is measured as it relates to the number of individual (ordinary) human beings it can affect at once when put into use, or else whoever it scales to in that regards. If that much is never established within the story line of Trinity kingdom, for whatever reason (you personally disagree with that core premise of evaluating powers that way: "they either work or they're resisted" isn't an uncommon line of thought, or alternatively you simply never needed to figure out for Trinity kingdom's storyline) then, by all means, that's fair. The reality still remains that the majority of the Wiki still regards this as the best and fairest way to quantify roughly how potent a "hax" from one verse is relative to another (aside from you know, just being higher-dimensional straight up), so that's what we have to run on.

For what it is worth, at least based on what I've learned about your verse, Athena's resistances when measured via this metric probably equate to (~50 times [Earth's population]) = around a few hundred billion normal people's worth, assuming at least that the population isn't dramatically different from our own world's (though, unless Gaea is a higher-dimensional being, it wouldn't apply against higher-dimensional powers.) Just sort of a for-future-reference thing.

You can't really leave that stuff to interpretation. Otherwise it creates a scaling nightmare, sources and feats help ground the character and give onlookers an understanding of their abilities.

Yea I'm not gunna even reply to you on that because you are going too deep. Like "yea well, how good is the resistance, oh yea? How good is the move? Oh yea how good is the move on certain ppl? How good are the resistances of certain people it was used on. I see where that is going and I'm gunna pass on that. Leave that to interpretation.

That's exactly what's required with hax/resistance feats.

I never thought that deep on mere hax. All i do know, is most in the verse have some resistance to 3-D hax because of aura properties. And for Athena it was never considered resistance but treated as immunity to 3-D Hax. Most fights in the series relies mostly on power, speed and skill. You will see the profiles have alot of hax abilties but a lot wouldn't work on each other. Like turning another into a toad or something. Or manipulating their body in some way other than dealing damage. So you mostly see hand to hand fighting, sword clashing, magic attacks, fire, light etc. Because all of that is more effective. But Athena is different. Telekinesis can be used to throw an angel from time to time but it didn't work on her. It's a very skill and power based story. Almost everyone is insane at fighting in some way. Even Gaea knows how to fight lol. But alot of the stuff that works on Angels and demons and gods, doesn't work on Athena. Look at the hax on Remia, alot of that simply wouldn't work on aura users. Im aware aura users from another verse have different rules tho. So would work on them.

Aura works by reducing damage taken, it strengthens your damage output, it allows you to use special attacks, it allows regen pretty much untill it runs out. Also resists certain hax like reality warping, matter manipulation, biological manipulation. This way you won't really see someone snap their fingers and make someone explode. Instead they would just one shot. So every character with aura would have to be treated with some degree of respect. They all know this, is why power, speed, and skill is the most important thing. If aura is completely ran out (Which doesn't really happen much, then that stuff is available).

So yea, Athena basically gets stomped by Protectors as it is.

Not to toot my own horn which this probably comes off as anyways but whatever, I feel like that matchup is kinda self-explanitory since Venus resists the passive death hax and his opening move, explosion spam, completely yeets Corpse-Mounted

"Irre's fourth key has too many abilities to be listed and as such information on certain abilities can only be found on VS Battles Wiki"

METAL GEAR SOLID V THE PHANTOM PAIN Just to Suffer
METAL GEAR SOLID V THE PHANTOM PAIN Just to Suffer

So it's one of those. Well how does Ari respond to getting haxed to death because of his lack of resistances?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back