• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Alright Monarch you ******* nerd, you want a quote? You'll get one.

Kantor crouched at the woman's side and removed his helmet.

Cortez tried to read his face, but it betrayed no emotion.

'Jilenne,' said the Chapter Master. 'Can you hear me?'

The woman's eyes were closed, but her lips parted. Weakly, quietly, she said, 'They were so heavy. So heavy…'

Kantor nodded. 'Yes,' he said, 'but you did well to bring them this far.'

Reaching out, he lifted the two smallest children away from her and gestured to the older children to take them. They did so, and Kantor turned back to the woman.

The Emperor's mercy, thought Cortez. You should not have to do this, Pedro. It is my fault. It is my soul that should bear the stain.

Before he could communicate this, Kantor spoke.

'It is time,' he said, and he reached down to the woman with his gauntleted hands. 'Time that someone carried you now.'

As Cortez watched, the Chapter Master lifted the woman and stood to his full height, cradling her exhausted form in his arms. She looked so small and fragile against his sculpted ceramite chest, little more than a rag-doll.

Then the Chapter Master turned to Cortez and said over the link, 'Once we are among the trees, they will have a better chance. They are charges of the Chapter now, and we cannot abandon them'

Back