• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
First ever post so let's start with my 2 fav characters

149881-Geralt-of-Rivia-The-Witcher-The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-video-games-game-art-Games-posters-video-game-art-video-game-characters-fantasy-art-fantasy-armor-men-warrior-sword.jpg

Vs
5131122-2706223557-51121.jpg

Speed equalized and no prep for either

The Dark Knight: 1
The White Wolf: 1
Unrestricted Geralt's High 8-C

Last edited:
Well seeing this version of Batman profile there is two things apparent:

1. Batman's standard equipment is a lot more vast and varied than Geralts and is seemingly resistant to most of what Geralt can throw.

2. Batman is physically inferior to Geralt in almost every category.

Skills and fighting I may as well make it a tie. Batman for knowing more martial arts and tactics and Geralt for having a huge experience and mastery over his own witcher fighting style.

Batman has a lot of stuff under his belt that he can use to make this match up fairer but generally Geralt isn't lacking in equipment department either, he simply just doesn't possess as many gadgets as batman. But this may come off to bite his ass as while he has a bigger arsenal, it isn't (hopefully) infinite and most of his gadgets will be used and he will run out of utility items which would favor Geralt in a long run.

Close Quarters combat isn't really preferable for Batman as while he has nearly the same combat skills if not more than Geralt, he is physically inferior and if he uses his gadgets on Geralt then this'll prompt Geralt to use his signs on combat which greatly pushes the favor towards Geralt.

While Batman is a Beast with prep time, he is simply a really decent 8-C without it. Voting Geralt mid to high-diff

1. Batman's standard equipment is a lot more vast and varied than Geralts and is seemingly resistant to most of what Geralt can throw.

Skills and fighting I may as well make it a tie. Batman for knowing more martial arts and tactics and Geralt for having a huge experience and mastery over his own witcher fighting style.

Batman has a lot of stuff under his belt that he can use to make this match up fairer but generally Geralt isn't lacking in equipment department either, he simply just doesn't possess as many gadgets as batman. But this may come off to bite his ass as while he has a bigger arsenal, it isn't (hopefully) infinite and most of his gadgets will be used and he will run out of utility items which would favor Geralt in a long run.

Close Quarters combat isn't really preferable for Batman as while he has nearly the same combat skills if not more than Geralt, he is physically inferior and if he uses his gadgets on Geralt then this'll prompt Geralt to use his signs on combat which greatly pushes the favor towards Geralt.

While Batman is a Beast with prep time, he is simply a really decent 8-C without it. Voting Geralt mid to high-diff
Thank you, I'll count that as a vote to Geralt

Although I would say Batman is superior in hand to hand by a wide margin

7023861-67501822_10219388182965547_6080177363184779264_o.jpg

While Geralt isn’t exactly a show-off and definitely doesn’t exert his strength as much as to hurt himself, he’s consistently shown to be perform great feats of strength. There’s the infamous giant mace block with his sword and lifting a dragons head with one arm but this is the most impressive due to him stopping the momentum of a really massive creature coming towards him. This creature is definitely on the 10+ ton range and Geralt only got pushed slightly from it.

This however isn’t really a big factor as Aard, the telekinetic sign is capable of knocking away creatures with Class M strength.
Although I would say Batman is superior in hand to hand by a wide margin
Oh definitely, said so myself. Geralt is more so a really skilled street brawler than an actual martial artist like Batman but Geralt more than makes it up with his unparalleled swordsmanship and experience. If we assume Batman is 50 years old, Geralt is nearly 100 years old by the Witcher 3 and most likely 100+ by blood and wine. This gives Geralt a lot more fighting experience than Batman by quite a bit.

If we assume Batman is 50 years old, Geralt is nearly 100 years old by the Witcher 3 and most likely 100+ by blood and wine. This gives Geralt a lot more fighting experience than Batman by quite a bit.
I don't wanna burst that bubble, but, Batman has curbed dudes with far more experience than Geralt like Ra's Al Ghul (Like 500+ years old), but Batman legitimately has far, far, more experience. He deals with a lot more shit, look up Batman Vol 3 Annual 4 for just some of the shit he deals with daily. Batman also got sent to a dimension where time moves far more slowly where, with just a sword and some armor, and WW (The reason why it was him and WW, was because you get no powers in this realm and they're the most skilled heroes), he had to fight an unceasing horde of literal demons for 37 years straight.

Batman legitimately out-experiences Geralt, the amount of stuff he's dealt with is asinine, and even from just a "time" perspective, he legitimately might outdo him there too simply because of all the alt dimension stuff he's went through.

I don't wanna burst that bubble, but, Batman has curbed dudes with far more experience than Geralt like Ra's Al Ghul (Like 500+ years old), but Batman legitimately has far, far, more experience. He deals with a lot more shit, look up Batman Vol 3 Annual 4 for just some of the shit he deals with daily. Batman also got sent to a dimension where time moves far more slowly where, with just a sword and some armor, and WW (The reason why it was him and WW, was because you get no powers in this realm and they're the most skilled heroes), he had to fight an unceasing horde of literal demons for 37 years straight.

Batman legitimately out-experiences Geralt, the amount of stuff he's dealt with is asinine, and even from just a "time" perspective, he legitimately might outdo him there too simply because of all the alt dimension stuff he's went through.
You’re confusing Experience with Battle Prowess/Expertise. Someone who is a lot more gifted can best someone who is experienced in a field, this isn’t an experience related thing.

But I still consider Batman less experienced than Geralt because by the age Batman got his parents killed, Geralt was getting his ass trained 24/7 by Vesemir, a witcher who is around 200-400 years old. Batman despite being battle proficient doesn’t train all the time. He has side stuff he meddles with like his business because he’s also Bruce Wayne, not only Batman. Geralt literally spends his free time training as to not lose his combat prowess and he makes his living by combating monsters every single day of his life and has encountered among the most dangerous and supernatural monsters from every part of the world. Geralt has fought Dragons, Vampires, Elves, etc. who are all alongside the several hundreds years of age and some are so experienced that they’ve developed their own philosophies, fighting styles, magic, etc.

He’s even fought the leaders of the wild hunt who are in the few hundreds years of age and he singlehandedly bested all of them.

Having a century experience of training and fighting for his life with various dangerous monsters and sorcerers > Fighting demons for 37 years.

I am not denying nor downplaying batman’s battle prowess but he’s not as experienced as Geralt due to how these two live very different lifestyles.

You’re confusing Experience with Battle Prowess/Expertise. Someone who is a lot more gifted can best someone who is experienced in a field, this isn’t an experience related thing.
I'm not, I was saying Geralt having more experience doesn't mean much because he's beat the shit out of dudes who has far, far more experience than Geral so it's not exactly a good advantage.

And then also pointed out how Batman himself has far, far, more experience than just his own age, due to a bunch of time-related bullshit. Such as the aforementioned 37 years straight of demon combat (This took 1 day in the normal world). That was one example, it wasn't meant to be the end all, be all.
Geralt was getting his ass trained 24/7 by Vesemir, a witcher who is around 200-400 years old.
Batman's been trained by Ra's Al Ghul, an assassin like 500-600 years old, with Batman outperforming assassins trained by him since birth within like a few weeks of his training.
Batman despite being battle proficient doesn’t train all the time.
What in the actual ****, say sike right now.

He has side stuff he meddles with like his business because he’s also Bruce Wayne, not only Batman.
Lucius Fox covers that for him actually (In PFP mostly, pretty sure he actually owns WayneCorp atm, not Batman).
Geralt literally spends his free time training as to not lose his combat prowess and he makes his living by combating monsters every single day of his life and has encountered among the most dangerous and supernatural monsters from every part of the world.
So has Batman? Mr. Freeze, Clayface, Killer Croc (who becomes a kaiju), literal demons, vampires, robots, aliens, etc, Batman has fought every manner of bullshit and does so daily. If we're talking pure experience, Batman has faced everything Geralt has, and things he'd never even dream of.
Geralt has fought Dragons, Vampires, Elves, etc.
So has Batman. (See that Annual I mentioned, he fights a dragon/hydra in that, was even mentioned to not have been his first one).
who are all alongside the several hundreds years of age and some are so experienced that they’ve developed their own philosophies, fighting styles, magic, etc.
As with those Batman has fought, he's fought demons and wizards, characters with not just centuries, but millennia of experience, etc.
He’s even fought the leaders of the wild hunt who are in the few hundreds years of age and he singlehandedly bested all of them.
Nothing new to Batman.
Having a century experience of training and fighting for his life with various dangerous monsters and sorcerers > Fighting demons for 37 years.
My dude, that was a blip in Batman's overall experience, he's comparable to Diana even. Those 37 years? Was 1 day for the rest of the world, it came and went, it was nothing. That was 37 years that isn't even worth noting in the grand scheme of things.
I am not denying nor downplaying batman’s battle prowess but he’s not as experienced as Geralt due to how these two live very different lifestyles.
You are though, grossly at that. If you combined every weird dimension, time slip and more Baman's been through, I would not be surprised if he had millennia of experience. Batman trains every day, bro doesn't even sleep, he micro sleeps while multi-tasking other stuff. He fights every day, usually against superpowered criminals, aliens, or other supernatural beings. He's throttled dudes who have lived longer than himself, and have lived longer than anything Geralt has ever defeated.

If you want to argue Geralt wins cool, but experience ain't one of those advantages.

Idk, but Batman's stealth is insane, he can instantly vanish from dudes like Gotham, who even says he was using his super senses to see through everything and look everywhere.
It's even hinted he uses hypnotic suggestions and a bunch of other stuff so people just can't see him if he doesn't want to be seen.

Batman is more overall skilled, has more varied options with his gear than Geralt has with his kit, resists a lot of Geralt's stuff, and has insane stealth that let's him get past characters who from what I see are superior to Geralt in terms of their senses. geralt has the ap and dura advantage and possibly a lifting advantage but the thing with bruce is that he can fight characters who far outclass him in physical strength. So I'm voting Batman FRA.

Idk, but Batman's stealth is insane, he can instantly vanish from dudes like Gotham, who even says he was using his super senses to see through everything and look everywhere.
It's even hinted he uses hypnotic suggestions and a bunch of other stuff so people just can't see him if he doesn't want to be seen.
If this is tied to hypnosis then this wouldn’t work on Geralt due to witchers natural resistance to mind manipulation. And how combat applicable is this stealth? Higher Vampires are undetectable by witchers but Geralt is capable of reacting in time to fight them.

Batman is more overall skilled, has more varied options with his gear than Geralt has with his kit, resists a lot of Geralt's stuff, and has insane stealth that let's him get past characters who from what I see are superior to Geralt in terms of their senses. geralt has the ap and dura advantage and possibly a lifting advantage but the thing with bruce is that he can fight characters who far outclass him in physical strength. So I'm voting Batman FRA.
The thing with Geralt is he also fights characters who far outclass him and even out-hax him. Batman’s arsenal aside from stealth is effective but anything that’s throwable or long range is countered by Quen.

Batman has a more varied arsenal but Geralt’s is a more long lasting one due to potions and signs being there throughout the fight.

If this is tied to hypnosis then this wouldn’t work on Geralt due to witchers natural resistance to mind manipulation. And how combat applicable is this stealth? Higher Vampires are undetectable by witchers but Geralt is capable of reacting in time to fight them.
It isn't, that's just one of dozens of layers of bullshit his stealth has, even just the way Batman walks helps with his stealth. Also it'd be more social influencing than Mind Manip regardless.
His stealth is extremely combat applicable, he weaves in and out of combat and disengaging is something he does probably every day, and nah dude, Batman can vanish from the likes of Superman, Witcher Vampires don't got anything on Batman.
The thing with Geralt is he also fights characters who far outclass him and even out-hax him. Batman’s arsenal aside from stealth is effective but anything that’s throwable or long range is countered by Quen.
My brother in christ, Batman faces dudes with smurfhax or are like tier 4 depending on the day of the week, Baman doesn't just "fight" dudes who outclass him, he fights dudes who could destroy the plane he's standing on if he ***** up even a bit, I like that time where he just outplayed an Amazo and didn't even bother to get help, ricking him, using his stealth and ultimately getting him to where he teleported him across the world, splitting his body parts across the globe. Geralt doesn't have anything even close to an advantage over Batman when it comes to bullshit they've faced and lived to tell the tale.

if we're using current Batman, he has the knowledge of his PC-Self, who has a spell that negates magic for 1 hour too

Counted

It isn't, that's just one of dozens of layers of bullshit his stealth has, even just the way Batman walks helps with his stealth. Also it'd be more social influencing than Mind Manip regardless.
His stealth is extremely combat applicable, he weaves in and out of combat and disengaging is something he does probably every day, and nah dude, Batman can vanish from the likes of Superman, Witcher Vampires don't got anything on Batman.
The reason I am asking is that Geralt can simply use Quen if that's the case. It was used in a night to remember when he couldn't detect the bruxa and it is capable of stopping even non-corporeal attacks, It works as an unbreakable bubble that far exceeds anything in tier 8 and as a body shield that allows Geralt to counter-attack if need be.

There is a certain point of skill where it isn't just a measuring stick but how it applies in a straight up battle, If Batman throws something at Geralt then the latter will try to adapt to said thing and so on and so forth.

My brother in christ, Batman faces dudes with smurfhax or are like tier 4 depending on the day of the week, Baman doesn't just "fight" dudes who outclass him, he fights dudes who could destroy the plane he's standing on if he ***** up even a bit, I like that time where he just outplayed an Amazo and didn't even bother to get help, ricking him, using his stealth and ultimately getting him to where he teleported him across the world, splitting his body parts across the globe. Geralt doesn't have anything even close to an advantage over Batman when it comes to bullshit they've faced and lived to tell the tale.

if we're using current Batman, he has the knowledge of his PC-Self, who has a spell that negates magic for 1 hour too
My brother in Christ, Batman is the most prone to character to PIS and Outliers in almost any character you can debate in online. There is a reason why he's straight up ridiculed in the debating community due to how inconsistent his feats are with each other, something that rarely happens with Geralt.

I can sprout some nonsense like "Geralt spams signs GG" but that's not how the character operates. Batman encountered some of the most powerful enemies in the universe but he still has trouble clearing Gotham of its crimes and street level characters. Like even I am not entirely oblivious from the stories of Batman from the cartoons, comics and movies.

This about the standard tactics that the characters use in battle, not which option makes them win because they don't have either prior knowledge nor prep time.

Like, I tend to forget there is a guy near identical to Geralt that Batman faces and has the same dynamic called Deathstroke. He doesn't do half the things Batman does and doesn't have the same combat experience but he still manages to beat him by being comparable in skill and being physically superior. He rarely has the same gadgets as Batman but still beats Batman through physical might and comparable skill.

Geralt isn't completely outskilled and the physicals gap is even greater than that of Deathstroke and Batman, with potions he can even further enhance his speed and power.

I am gonna say I think it is Batman high skill makes up for less experience considering he beats characters with a lot of experience

Batman has a more varied arsenal but Geralt’s is a more long lasting one due to potions and signs being there throughout the fi

My brother in Christ, Batman is the most prone to character to PIS and Outliers in almost any character you can debate in online. There is a reason why he's straight up ridiculed in the debating community due to how inconsistent his feats are with each other, something that rarely happens with Geralt.
Cool, but guess what we accept? We accept his wacky superman vanish feats, we acknowledge he can do all these things.
Batman has beaten dudes so far above himself that even attempting to use that as a point for Geralt is laughable. There is nothing he has done that Batman hasn't also done.

I can sprout some nonsense like "Geralt spams signs GG" but that's not how the character operates. Batman encountered some of the most powerful enemies in the universe but he still has trouble clearing Gotham of its crimes and street level characters. Like even I am not entirely oblivious from the stories of Batman from the cartoons, comics and movies.
He doesn't even have trouble doing that? His last arc was ridding and alt Gotham of its main villain, with LITERALLY nothing because he was BFR'd to an alternate reality with zero equipment, resources and had to make a batsuit of like a hockey mask and shit. Before that he was going up against a robot he designed to kill himself that systematically defeated over 70% of all Batman affiliated heroes who tried and basically soloed the JLA.
I could go on, PFP doesn't get beat up by thugs, he shreds hundreds of superhuman foes at once. Hell one time with just his fists, he fought through an entire island of armed soldiers to get to Bane.

Him beating shit so far above himself has even became an acknowledged in-universe meme of "Batman always wins" and was actively run with in the last few arcs. PIS is him tanking a hit from Supes, not outplaying everyone or doing exactly what needs to happen to defeat a dude. Which kind you, Batman's cowl is fitted with numerous scanners, he's going to know Geralt's capabilities nigh-instantly.

If you aren't oblivious why act like PFP Batman struggles with thugs? I don't think he has for over a decade unless he was already dying due to something else (and even then).
Like, I tend to forget there is a guy near identical to Geralt that Batman faces and has the same dynamic called Deathstroke. He doesn't do half the things Batman does and doesn't have the same combat experience but he still manages to beat him by being comparable in skill and being physically superior. He rarely has the same gadgets as Batman but still beats Batman through physical might and comparable skill.
Uh, Deathstroke is insane, especially PFP Deathstroke. He's just as skilled as Batman, has better senses, better stats, has better thought processes, has better analytical and calculative abilities. Is the best tactition on earth, etc. Deathstroke consistently beats up the JL (minus a few) and the Titans, all at once.

Deathstroke is basically Batman on crack dude, he just lacks the gadgets (Except not really, he has a lot if stuff himself). And the fact Batman can still beat him occasionally (the last time they fought was Batmans win), says a lot.
Geralt isn't completely outskilled and the physicals gap is even greater than that of Deathstroke and Batman, with potions he can even further enhance his speed and power.
I'd argue otherwise, PFP Batman is the most skilled incarnation of Batman, he skill stomps dudes who would make Geralt blush, Geralt is bringing nothing new to the table, and potions? What's a potion going to do to nerve gas, ice tech, nth metal weaponry and more?
A forcefield? Cool, but Batman can easily just stealth him instead, lay traps, whatever.

Would also like to point out Batman can instinctively know when someone is using magic simply due to the feel of things, and even has magic himself.

Knife brings up a good point, Batman can just stealth and call it a day, Geralt would never know what hit him, especially not knockout or fear gas.

Deathstroke shouldn't even matter. Geralt is not him, them being similar does not put them on the same level.
There is a certain point of skill where it isn't just a measuring stick but how it applies in a straight up battle, If Batman throws something at Geralt then the latter will try to adapt to said thing and so on and so forth.
Then Bat's uses something new. The guy has tons of gadgets and techniques, He knows every martial art and has mastered tons of weapon, carrying tons of things in his belt and suit. he has alot of options here.
They hate my glorious Batgoat cause he solos, that's all.
This about the standard tactics that the characters use in battle, not which option makes them win because they don't have either prior knowledge nor prep time.
Which for Bruce is stealth, H2H, and using his gadgets to overcome great enemies.

Cool, but guess what we accept? We accept his wacky superman vanish feats, we acknowledge he can do all these things.
Batman has beaten dudes so far above himself that even attempting to use that as a point for Geralt is laughable. There is nothing he has done that Batman hasn't also done.
Also the reason entire internet humors VSBW but what can I do about it but you're quite literally wrong either way. If this is the case then why is Batman 8-C then? This is his standard equipment, he hasn't brought any of his fancy stuff here. Geralt isn't a multi-Krillionaire that can buy everything he can and build things to make himself more advantageous in battle narrative wise, he uses what he has in his arsenal and builds them on the spot.

This is the standard batman, you can't pull anything higher than 8-C here because you'd be contradicting the page.

He doesn't even have trouble doing that? His last arc was ridding and alt Gotham of its main villain, with LITERALLY nothing because he was BFR'd to an alternate reality with zero equipment, resources and had to make a batsuit of like a hockey mask and shit. Before that he was going up against a robot he designed to kill himself that systematically defeated over 70% of all Batman affiliated heroes who tried and basically soloed the JLA.
I could go on, PFP doesn't get beat up by thugs, he shreds hundreds of superhuman foes at once. Hell one time with just his fists, he fought through an entire island of armed soldiers to get to Bane.

Him beating shit so far above himself has even became an acknowledged in-universe meme of "Batman always wins" and was actively run with in the last few arcs. PIS is him tanking a hit from Supes, not outplaying everyone or doing exactly what needs to happen to defeat a dude. Which kind you, Batman's cowl is fitted with numerous scanners, he's going to know Geralt's capabilities nigh-instantly.

If you aren't oblivious why act like PFP Batman struggles with thugs? I don't think he has for over a decade unless he was already dying due to something else (and even then).
Classic chariot on his long-texted derails.

And this is where you contradict yourself, you said Batman has beaten characters far outside his weight class but here you come and say he "outplays them".

I've never even implied he struggles with thugs, I simply said he isn't beating superman or wonder woman with his standard equipment.

Uh, Deathstroke is insane, especially PFP Deathstroke. He's just as skilled as Batman, has better senses, better stats, has better thought processes, has better analytical and calculative abilities. Is the best tactition on earth, etc. Deathstroke consistently beats up the JL (minus a few) and the Titans, all at once.

Deathstroke is basically Batman on crack dude, he just lacks the gadgets (Except not really, he has a lot if stuff himself). And the fact Batman can still beat him occasionally (the last time they fought was Batmans win), says a lot.
The last time I've heard is that Batman only ever beats Deathstroke if it is a rematch which is obvious due to a prepared batman fighting. And what a shock, most of the fights with Deathstroke Batman doesn't really use what you've said later on would neg Geralt, which logically thinking would work on Deathstroke. Also, physically even Deathstroke is inferior to Geralt.

I'd argue otherwise, PFP Batman is the most skilled incarnation of Batman, he skill stomps dudes who would make Geralt blush, Geralt is bringing nothing new to the table, and potions? What's a potion going to do to nerve gas, ice tech, nth metal weaponry and more?
A forcefield? Cool, but Batman can easily just stealth him instead, lay traps, whatever.

Would also like to point out Batman can instinctively know when someone is using magic simply due to the feel of things, and even has magic himself.

Knife brings up a good point, Batman can just stealth and call it a day, Geralt would never know what hit him, especially not knockout or fear gas.
"Batman is more skilled than Geralt because I said so"

That's unironically your argument.

Skill isn't a measuring stick, It is the capability or mastery of a field a character partakes in. Geralt is the best swordsman in the world, has been stated several times, has demonstrated hundreds of times. He isn't getting skilled-stomped because he isn't fighting a nigh-omniscient being but essentially a character comparable to Vilgefortz, someone Geralt got skill-stomped by but adapted and killed alone without any help.

And Most things you've said Geralt has resistance against, look up the profile, literally nothing either. Potions help Geralt essentially reach High 8-C and further enhance his speed.

Also a counter-argument is that it barely is a standard fighting tactic for Batman, Geralt can just as easily just Yrden trap Batman or Axii him before he just kills him.

Tbh, Batman doesn't even need prep or prior knowledge, cowl is cooked with scanners, he's trained to combat magic, he has anti-magic stuff. He'd figure out a plan 3 seconds into the match and 10 backup plans which in itself have 10 back plans.
Also the reason entire internet humors VSBW but what can I do about it but you're quite literally wrong either way.
Ok? You realize where you are? We use them, we're gonna use them, nothing you say will change that. If you don't like it, make a CRT or don't argue.
If this is the case then why is Batman 8-C then? This is his standard equipment, he hasn't brought any of his fancy stuff here.
Nobody said as much, he's defeated people far above his pay grade without fancy mech suits through the use of his environment, standard equipment and simply skill ******* them. What are you on about? If he had that stuff this wouldn't even be a match.
Geralt isn't a multi-Krillionaire that can buy everything he can and build things to make himself more advantageous in battle narrative wise, he uses what he has in his arsenal and builds them on the spot.
Which is unironically one of his major disadvantages, glad you agree.
This is the standard batman, you can't pull anything higher than 8-C here because you'd be contradicting the page.
I'm not? Do you know how much shit he has on him at a given time? He has enough chemicals to be considered a country wide biohazard. He has so many different types of batarangs, it's not even funny. Misc stuff like, well magic, etc. Even his armor comes coupled with forcefield negation.

Don't strawman lad, nobody is saying he has anything above 8-C, if he did this would be a stomp. He just happens to have a small military arsenal on him at all times.
Calling you out for having not picked up a Batman comic for the past 15 years is very much relevant if your argument hinges on blatantly untrue information. And why the toxicity?
I've never even implied he struggles with thugs, I simply said he isn't beating superman or wonder woman with his standard equipment.
"but he still has trouble clearing Gotham of its crimes and street level characters. Like even I am not entirely oblivious from the stories of Batman from the cartoons, comics and movies."

There's two conclusions one could make from this, he has trouble dealing with dudes like Mr. Freeze, Clayface, and so on, dudes who aren't even street level but massively superhuman with tons of hax (who he hasn't struggled with in years), which contradicts the point of your own statement. Or basic shit, which isn't true because he hasn't struggled with that for years. Or do you mean street dudes like Nightwing, Deathstroke, Cass, etc? They'd skill **** Geralt too brother.
And this is where you contradict yourself, you said Batman has beaten characters far outside his weight class but here you come and say he "outplays them".
Yeah? Obviously he isn't out-punching Superman level dudes? Doesn't mean he can't beat them with what he has on him normally by outplaying them? Being ignorant isn't my fault not a contradiction in what I said, that's on you.
The last time I've heard is that Batman only ever beats Deathstroke if it is a rematch which is obvious due to a prepared batman fighting. And what a shock, most of the fights with Deathstroke Batman doesn't really use what you've said later on would neg Geralt, which logically thinking would work on Deathstroke. Also, physically even Deathstroke is inferior to Geralt.
They fought twice in the planner arc alone, Batman won. And that was after Batman fought several assassins. Deathstroke wins more often, doesn't mean he never loses. Deathstroke doesn't even win through raw stats, so Geralt being slightly above him isn't an argument, by that logic Killer Croc or Clayface or those Mecha in fear state would beat Batman.
Also lmao no, Deathstroke is straight up immune to basically every chemical weapon he has, in the aforementioned arc Batman hit Slade with a heavy dise of knockout fast and he was up like, not even a conversation later, probably sooner given he was pretending to be knocked out. The forcefield neg actually DOES work on Slade. Stealth? Deathstroke has senses so insane he can see subatomic particles move mid air and has hearing that's absolutely cracked while knowing stealth himself. Like I'm sure you know of his infamous vs Atom feats right?

Slade is effectively just Batman but he's willing to kill, Geralt isn't Slade, using him as a comparison is asinine.
Correct, he is. I'd say Geralt and maybe Talia or Ras al Ghul would be more comparable.
Skill isn't a measuring stick, It is the capability or mastery of a field a character partakes in. Geralt is the best swordsman in the world, has been stated several times, has demonstrated hundreds of times. He isn't getting skilled-stomped because he isn't fighting a nigh-omniscient being but essentially a character comparable to Vilgefortz, someone Geralt got skill-stomped by but adapted and killed alone without any help.
We're talking about comics lad, not irl, where skill actually IS a measuring stick, in which Batman is toward the top, skill stomping dudes who skill stomp dudes who skill stomp dudes, repeat.
So? Batmans beat the best swordsman his world has ever known too? He's a master of every weapon on earth, every martial arts and even dabbles into the occult. He has legitimately mastered every violent art form.
Being the best swordsman doesn't mean much here. And he adapted to someone who was more skilled? Batman can do that too, he can create whole new fighting styles just to counter someone. Batman basically knows how a whole fight will play out before it even happens.
He's also countered people who knew his every move.
And Most things you've said Geralt has resistance against, look up the profile, literally nothing either. Potions help Geralt essentially reach High 8-C and further enhance his speed.
Geralt doesn't resist being stealthed. He doesn't resist Batman's ten fucktillion chemicals (especially given he has some made for metahumans who might resist the weaker stuff). He doesn't resist being hyper analyzed by his cowl. He doesn't resist ion gauntlets. He doesn't resist, well basically anything I've said?
He can't reach High 8-C? That's actively against the rules otherwise why can't batman just call in one of his 4-C suits?
Also a counter-argument is that it barely is a standard fighting tactic for Batman, Geralt can just as easily just Yrden trap Batman or Axii him before he just kills him.
Did you ACTUALLY just say Batman doesn't use stealth as a standard tactic? No ******* way...
For one talking about standard tactics, you do like to bring up some pretty wacky things.

What's stopping Batman from just negating his magic?

I am fairly sure Batman has mind hax resitance so it wouldn't work and I do not believe Geralt has resistance to sleep gas or tasers
Also the reason entire internet humors VSBW but what can I do about it but you're quite literally wrong either way. If this is the case then why is Batman 8-C then? This is his standard equipment, he hasn't brought any of his fancy stuff here. Geralt isn't a multi-Krillionaire that can buy everything he can and build things to make himself more advantageous in battle narrative wise, he uses what he has in his arsenal and builds them on the spot.

"Batman is more skilled than Geralt because I said so"

Also a counter-argument is that it barely is a standard fighting tactic for Batman, Geralt can just as easily just Yrden trap Batman or Axii him before he just kil

naratively it is usually displayed as something attributed to his sharp mind, skill, amazing weaponry, and decades of experience. so personally I believe it should be fine to use.
He beats them by outplaying them.
Skill isn't a measuring stick, It is the capability or mastery of a field a character partakes in.
Bravo.
Geralt is the best swordsman in the world, has been stated several times, has demonstrated hundreds of times. He isn't getting skilled-stomped because he isn't fighting a nigh-omniscient being but essentially a character comparable to Vilgefortz, someone Geralt got skill-stomped by but adapted and killed alone without any help.
Batman has been able to match groups and armies of people. attack without consious thought, match opponents using multiple different fighting styles to try and throw him off. can counter moves and techniques he sees only once. he can also attack nerve, even being stated to know all of them. even stating that he knows hundreds of ways to take down opponents. even creating his own combat style. using slight shifts in the air. can face hundreds of attackers at once and come out on top. can fight blind folded. many heroes and warriors consider him the best combatant on earth. Geralt can adapt to a style but Bats can just use another fighitng style or move against him.

Last edited:
Geralt has resistance to sleep gas or tasers
Batman has sleep gas that can knock out dudes who facetanks it normally for like a whole day. And nerve gas. Fear gas. Actual poisons, etc.
He has levels of it, some for civs and thugs, some for metahumans like kingshark and Grundy, and even stuff that can stagger supes.
Tasers, I'd actually need to check how strong his can go up too, I know it has stages too with the lowest being nonlethal on normal humans so that obviously isn't helpful.

My men, I wanna vote Batman FRA but what stops this match up from being considered a stomp now because apparently Geralt isn't even capable of sensing nor attacking batman?

Batman has sleep gas that can knock out dudes who facetanks it normally for like a whole day. And nerve gas. Fear gas. Actual poisons, etc.
He has levels of it, some for civs and thugs, some for metahumans like kingshark and Grundy, and even stuff that can stagger supes.
Tasers, I'd actually need to check how strong his can go up too, I know it has stages too with the lowest being nonlethal on normal humans so that obviously isn't helpful.
Yeah I was saying I do not know about the gas or tasers cause well they do not exist in his universe

My men, I wanna vote Batman FRA but what stops this match up from being considered a stomp now because apparently Geralt isn't even capable of sensing nor attacking batman?
I would say Yrdn, Aard, and slight instinctive reactions could really help with getting him a W and of course the potions could amp his stats to get through the skill

I would say Yrdn, Aard, and slight instinctive reactions could really help with getting him a W and of course the potions could amp his stats to get through the skill
Well, our friend Chariot says that batman can use his stealth to hide and lay traps so the physicals barely even count and Nth metal nullifies magic so he can't even use magic to fight Batman.

So I was convinced to vote batman but because Geralt doesn't any actual wincon doesn't this match up become a stomp?

Well, our friend Chariot says that batman can use his stealth to hide and lay traps so the physicals barely even count and Nth metal nullifies magic so he can't even use magic to fight Batman.

So I was convinced to vote batman but because Geralt doesn't any actual wincon doesn't this match up become a stomp?
I would say cause Geralt's senses could deal with traps and that he normally doesn't lead with signs so Batman wouldn't use Nth metal from the get go. Remember everyone no prep so Batman doesn't know he has magic

I would say cause Geralt's senses could deal with traps and that he normally doesn't lead with signs so Batman wouldn't use Nth metal from the get go. Remember everyone no prep so Batman doesn't know he has magic
Tbh, Batman doesn't even need prep or prior knowledge, cowl is cooked with scanners, he's trained to combat magic, he has anti-magic stuff. He'd figure out a plan 3 seconds into the match and 10 backup plans which in itself have 10 back plans.

Remember everyone no prep so Batman doesn't know he has magic
Batmans been able to deduce someone has magic before within moments, plus he has scanners and stuff. If ANYTHING Geralt has on him is magical in nature, Batman will know right away that he's a magic user, in which he's trained with Zantana for stuff like that.
Even has magic himself and anti magic should he need it (remember PFP Batman is when DC took the contingency plan meme as hyper literal).
and slight instinctive reactions
Eh, the whole batfamily, Slade, Talia, Azrael, owlman and more all have that.
I do not think his cowel detects magic and he can only tell after it is used
Nah he himself can detect magic (also nah it scan magical items and artifacts).

Back