• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The VS Wiki First Holy Grail War (Season 4)

[I got 2 projects atm and you decide to almost kill me feelslancerman, I'm going to write my version once I'm done in about 4-5 hours probably unless I fall asleep lol. Anyway I survive due to my 7 sphinxes tanking the majority of the blast and I give myself disengage and plan to escape with my master. EDIT also what is with that half-assed battle you need at least a cool fight against my beasts before I decide to roast you/crush you with my pyramid, only to get rekt by Ea]

[Alright waiting for your response but i just wonder aren't the sphinxes only A in parameters with my Enuma Elish charged up to the point it can destroy the entire country so idk if the blast will past through the sphinxes and such idk]

[Yeah I'm in no condition to fight anyone, anyway to elaborate on how I survive I fire a dendera right before the main cannon gets destroyed to somewhat neutralise the blast but since but since the main temple was destroyed before it was full charge it fails to completely neutralise it so the sphinxes tank the rest but they all die so I take heavy damage in order to protect my master]

[So fellas. Who do you reckon wins between me and Saver in our second fight?]

[Assuming he drags me into Duel Field first thing, Saver's advantages: Vastly superior servant parameters in everything except magical power, dagger that can instantly destroy my heart and null my attack once with Fragarach, can deal B rank magic damage to me consistently every second with DKotSH]

[Again assuming we are in the Duel Field: Ruler advantages: Can reset the battlefield and both of our conditions (e.g. wounds are healed, weapons restored, mana replenished) to the beginning of the fight (which is outside DAL where I have conceptual impalement, mist, PC, regen and more), more mana, can survive a destroyed heart for several minutes, can turn to mist to avoid physical attacks, can Gramblast him, can (and plans on) buffing magic resist to null DKotSH, and other advatages which I won't mention because I like secrets]

[Alright I'll let Avenger finish the job i guess or what ever anyone wants to do *shrugs*]

• I think to myself he can't fight he knows that he would lose and run there is no point Ik i can win but thx to everyone this became interesting I look at avenger who still seems to want to have a go at him*
Avenger do you want to finish the job? Even if he survived he is in no fighting condition. *I asked avenger waiting for his response*

[I think i know the way to beat him but this could be interesting anyway for you to use that strategy as you are now?]

[Yes my strategy only requires my personal skill Imperial Privilege, my second strategy is bribing him and his master by buying mahou shoujo things via Golden Rule.]

[i was expecting something else...the spear that sets a fair battle but instead bribery...welp rider when desperate ladies and gentleman]

[@Ramesses: I thought most of you wrote about how we fight with beasts already? Though i can't really write any about that due to lack of knowledge about your phantasmal beast. But i've seen pyramid and solar flare which is why i can write about them. But that part about fighting with beast was inside time skip so you can write about it without any conflict with my story.]

[And come on, took me hours to decide and describe Amalavij├▒─üna, someone give me a praise? Anyone? Like how i cut down that pyramid in an epic way? (At first, i want Archer to use System Krauenos to destroy that pyramid. However, Archer has no Divinity, just realize that. Uomo Universal is not enough to destroy a pyramid and i can't risk Lancer's EA which is our key to victory here. So, i have to do it myself. That's when i decided to use Amalavij├▒─üna, my strongest attack of MEoDP). And @Lancer, i believe no one can see what happen inside Akasha without Connection to the Root. The whole Kimono and flowers was happened inside Akasha so no peeping on a girl please...]

[@Monarch: I vote for Ruler to win. Nothing personal but i don't want Saver to come back and blitz us. ABSOLUTE NOTHING PERSONAL.]

[Good job on the description of Amalavij├▒─üna looked like Nasu described it himself lol, btw I disabled the NP seal for that battle to make it more interesting. For my coming response you should be prepared to change your version by adding more of my monologues.]

[I'll fix mine to match yours so just write your version anytime you want. Hmm... I'm the only Servant who got passed out from times to times... This make me become THE WEAKEST of this war...? And i only wrote about how i get rid of your pyramid so you can do as your plan to challenge Lancer because he has lived way too long. But Lancer took his action before you do and unleash his EA, what a shame xD]

[I can write something for how we fight the beasts if you'd like. Also, who says Archer and Caster can't do anything? Archer can stun them with electricity causing them to freeze up temporarily due to muscle contractions, creating openings for Saber or Lancer to bring them down. And Caster could use magic to blow them away with wind, wash them away with water, or freeze them in ice; no one says we have to kill them, or even damage them for that matter.]

[I'm waiting to see how Rider suddenly pull a Nanoha 1/6 limited figure out of nowhere with his Golden Rule for a bargain with Avenger. I also fixed my version to match yours already Rider.]

[For disengage what kind of effects does it have, is it a choice between withdrawing or resetting conditions? Does the reset affect only you, and how does it let you escape? Also, the moment Avenger reaches you he should have hit you during TTBB with the crystals to drop all your parameters a rank.]

[And to answer your question disengage basically lets me retreat in the middle of combat or let me reset the fight. I chose to retreat, so during the end of the fight I used that in conjunction with my Dromeus Kometes to escape. If I chose to reset when for example if Lancer were to charge and prepare to fire throw gae bolg, disengage would reset our battle including things like battle conditions and techniques so he would have to re charge and prepare it again]

[The crystals are temporary, and if it's just retreating, Archer and Caster were going to use their NPs in your direction as insurance the moment the marble fell, regardless of whether you were alive.]

OwariNepgear said:
[@Monarch: I vote for Ruler to win. Nothing personal but i don't want Saver to come back and blitz us. ABSOLUTE NOTHING PERSONAL.]
[What, your reasons are you don't want Saver coming back? What about the fact that I can resist his DKot6H by buffing my endurance and magic resist, dodge his spear stabs and swipes with mist shapeshifting, survive Fragarach destroying my heart long enough to Gramblast him, and if all else fails, just reset both of us to the point where the battle had only just begun?]

[I put a lot of effort into the perfect use of B and C rank abilities you know]

[Yeah Ruler most likely wins tbh and @Ramesses i'll just adjust the lines a bit]

[Hey guys, if Saver was to trap us both in Garden of Avalo , do you reckon TTBB would let us escape?]

[I'm fine if it doesn't as that A) stops both of us interfering in the rest of this game quite nicely and B) could be used to set up a nice plot in future games]

[Alright, gonna give Caster's POV on the whole fight, and how I/Caster had planned to act at the end, and how Archer should have acted based on the plan we had.]

[I agree that Ruler wins and I think TTBB could escape seeing as it's a higher rank NP designed specifically to escape from any prison. If it were some A or EX rank imprisonment it could probably stop it.]

This poison's… irritating. Since I'm not used to the pain, my noble phantasm has been taking a bit longer to charge. The phantasm beasts are troublesome since they don't die normally. Owari's still able to tear through them, cutting down any that come close while keeping others at bay with wind blades. Lancer's as impressive as ever, even while charging Ea, he can cut apart any that come close, although the fact that he needs to fully dismember them limb from limb is cutting down his efficiency; he could be overwhelmed if they get a chance to surround him. I can encase them in ice with magic, the weaker ones can't escape, but the stronger ones are only trapped for around 10 seconds. For them it's best to just blow them into the distance with wind and water to screw up their formation and make it easier to see them when they're ready to attack us again. Archer's got it even worse, only able to stun them with his lightning, but it still gives enough time for Saber or Lancer to dispatch of them, and Avenger can only stall them in fights.

It's more than a little frustrating knowing that the two who we need to destroy the RM are stuck as our main form of attack. Archer and I just have to do our best with our AoE to keep them from being overwhelmed and surrounded. At least our buffs make us faster than them.

Thank god for White Grail. I might've been fine until the big ones showed thanks to God Hand, but with this many immortal opponents even Lancer wouldn't have been able to last long without it, and that's why, we need to speed up! At this rate the time limit could run out before we reach the main temple, we need an opening, we have to blow them away! Thinking that, I cast a spell freezing the beasts around Archer, and yell to him "clear a path!" He knows what to do, he fires a powerful burst of electricity in the direction of the main temple, and we rush forwards at top speed in the moment the beasts take to regenerate.

We arrive at the temple, we made it in time, White Grail just wore off. Lancer's almost prepared Ea, and I have Uomo Universale prepared for when the marble collapses. I'm about to say, "alright, bring it down!" But before I can speak and Owari can act, the sky darkens as Rider appears. That's- my thoughts are cut short,

"Greetings, heroes! Welcome to my main temple! Did you enjoy your trip? Very nice scenery right? My pets are cute don't you think? You know this splendid rebellion has been draged out for a little too long as such I have grown bored of it so I shall end it now with my godly might. But do not worry your rebellion shall be rewarded! And what's a better reward than getting to die in a pharaohs tomb?" (Rider) And a giant pyramid obscures the sun.

Owari reacts first, "Release! Heaven's Feel! Sing Out, O' White Grail!" That's not enough, the rubble will leave us trapped here! But that wasn't the last I heard of Owari, as she flies above the pyramid, she calls out "All is a dream... this is the flower of the end. With this sword, i'll give you peace and bring you eternal rest on Nirvana. Amalavij├▒─üna the Boundary of Emptiness!"

This is it, her noble phantasm that fully makes use of her MEoDP. Each of her slashes is a thing of beauty, even without any way to sense them myself, I'm certain that each of these movements has severed a line of death. The pyramid is in pieces in an instant, and then it's gone. But, it's too soon to rejoice, Owari looks exhausted as her eyes lose focus, meanwhile Rider's recovered from his shock all too quickly. She's vulnerable, he sees it. As if in response to my fears, Rider calls out, smug as ever

"Congratulation, Saber! You really did a good job cutting apart my Pyramid. How about a special gift for you? Nice view up there, right? You can see all of my beautiful temple from above. And so does the glorious sun. Now, let me praise you, with the power of almighty Ra the Sun God! You won't die from this with your third magic however it is going to hurt so do your best!" And a blinding light flares forth.

As the light stops, Owari falls from the sky, she doesn't have a single external wound, but her eyes look milky and faded, she must be unconscious from the shock. Avenger rushes forth and catches her with a brilliant flip, landing in a slide, saying

"Nice show, lady. I've got your back. We'll take care of Rider from now on."

Lancer follows him up with "Just rest, Saber. I've already done with my charging. Now... i'll show him, my EA!" Archer and I stay silent, but I can tell he's just as pissed as I am. The moment this marble falls, we'll make doubly sure Rider's been killed.

The King of Heroes looks up towards The King of Kings, he's ready to show the difference between them "It is time for judgement King of Kings while you are truly formidable you should known your place. Behold the power of the King of Heroes and the all-powerful Sword of Rupture! Return everything to the genesis! Enuma! Elish!!" And the reality we were in crumbles around us, the air returns to normal, and we're ready.

Avenger speaks, "Damn.....that was some fancy ****. Hey lancer!, do you get him?"

Yet neither Archer nor I wait for the response, he was hit before the temple collapsed, we won't give Rider a chance to act at all. Though we would have done the same regardless, don't leave any chance when your ally has E rank luck! Thus, we simultaneously say:

"My wisdom that surpasses every intellect! My power that surpasses the almighty! I am The Universal Man, Uomo Universale!" (Caster)

"Here exists God's thunder! Please, pay close attention, watch closely in this Advent of Lightning. System Keraunos!" (Archer)

We knew the direction he should have been, and as I was firing I could sense his magic to be sure. The NP I had been charging throughout the fight to specifically bring Rider down, and the full power of lightning on par with the gods, there should be no way he survived.

[Also, Owari your description for the scene around using Amalavij├▒─üna was awesome, I can't even imagine a better one.]

[You guys have got some epic sh*t going down. My stuff is comparatively a lot less awesome. Seeing as we have 3 votes, is anyone going to be annoyed if I write out how me and Saver's battle goes before he gets back?]

[Also, if we compare the sheath with the place, the Garden of Avalon is meant to have some kind of 6th dimensional bounded field]

[Go right ahead, if he really doesn't like that prep (and not just cause he lost and has 20 20 hindsight), just retcon it later.]

[Also, just to be completely clear here, to the public, in East village there was a massive "gas leak", everyone was forced to evacuate, and just in time seeing as the ongoing "thunderstorm" sparked the gas and caused a large scale explosion, severely damaging a portion of the neighborhood. Nothing magical happened whatsoever (the church/Ruler doesn't even need to do much to cover it up, since things just kinda aligned well for an ultra convenient story that regular people would even come up with on their own).]

Monarch Laciel said:
[Also, if we compare the sheath with the place, the Garden of Avalon is meant to have some kind of 6th dimensional bounded field]
[Pretty sure those aren't meant to be directly linked. Based on the description given, it seems the "Garden of Avalon" is a projection of Merlin's view on what paradise is. Meanwhile Avalon's bounded field is relocating oneself into the actual paradise of the fairies, which is protected on a higher dimensional level. "Avalon" as used in the name of GoA isn't specifically in reference to the scabbard or the fairies' world, but to the utopia King Arthur and Merlin sought to create or find.]

[Oh, is it? That was just my interpretation from the page for it. But it still stands that the Avalon Merlin is in is different from the land of the fairies Avalon brings King Arthur into for protection]

[I guess you couldn't escape though if it's the reverse side of the world that's nearly impossible for a servant to move to and from.]

[Oh **** Caster. 1 EX Anti-Army + 1 EX Anti-Fortress, both have very large AOE to Rider WHILE Avenger is near him? He really can TTBB to get out but you don't even want to give Rider a chance? He hasn't even showed his Brahmastra, too... And you may kill Rider's Master in the process... This is too... Guess Rider have to use DAL to challenge Avenger and use his Nanoha figure as a token for Avenger to save his Master.]

[And Garden of Avalon as a NP =/= Garden of Avalon in reverse side of the world. The Garden of Avalon used as a NP is more likely a Reality Marble, used one's mind to create their ideal paradise. In Merlin's case, his prison is also his ideal paradise.]

[Tbf i got Gae ready as a back up so i could release it but waiting to see what happens]

Back