• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

THE UNDEAD KING VS THE VISSIONARY

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Gremmy not bloodlusted Means he will start with dropping him by imagining him dead or a cookie. "

Dropping dead to a Skeleton > Okie dokie. That's obviously what someone would think when they see something that's likely already dead. Totally. Mhmm. Come on man, average intelligence. Even average people would probably know that you can't kill something that's already dead.

Or a cookie > Ainz checks level of Gremmy and instantly thinks of Timestop and instant kill. Or just instant kills with Death that has no activation or gesture requirements. Plus Resurrection.

Kill Ainz > Walk away to take over the rest of the dungeon (Cuz it's a cool dungeon and he just took out the strongest being, so arrogance dictates he'd steamroll everyone else), Ainz revives and uses any of his instant death.

Maybe you guys already did and I cannot find it but give a scan that says this is a passive or something similar.

Also Ainz ressurects once. And Time Stop would still be active when he ressurects.

He tranform him into a cookie then he kill him with his soul hax or he can kill him with his soul hax and call a day

Or he can imagine he is dead

or the third would be leaving the dungeon cause he just took out the strongest being so logic dictates there's nothing else to do there

MachTwo said:
He tranform him into a cookie then he kill him with his soul hax or he can kill him with his soul hax and call a day
Imagine the skeleton is dead?

Jugger47 said:
Maybe you guys already did and I cannot find it but give a scan that says this is a passive or something similar.
Also Ainz ressurects once. And Time Stop would still be active when he ressurects.
He get soul hax again when he ressurects, Gremmy will soul hax him before hes use timestop due to his hax is passive.

MachTwo
He get soul hax again when he ressurects, Gremmy will soul hax him before hes use timestop due to his hax is passive.

Again, you keep saying that is passive? Which literally makes no sense without context, give me a scan of what you are talking about.

If Ains dies when the fight begins because he is in range of Gremmy passive soul hax, then this fight is invalid, so Ains need to be outside the range of Gremmy soul hax in the beginning of the fight.

Also this:

Volume 9

The bell rang.

His consciousness focused to the absolute limit, Gazef stepped in with an unbelievable speed—

Without missing a single moment, Brain and Climb opened their eyes and watched—

- - -

—And before any of them, the world went quiet.

"I see… so time-stop countermeasures are important, after all."

Because Ainz had instantly cast a silent [Time Stop], Gazef was frozen in front of Ainz, his sword raised high.

No attack would work while time was stopped. Even if he used attack magic to barrage Gazef, it would cause him no harm. Because of that, Ainz cast a spell while keeping track of the time.

"[Delay Magic: True Death]."

This was a 9th-tier spell.

He did not use it often because [Grasp Heart] was a more convenient spell.

If no spell could affect an enemy while time-stopped, then all one needed to do was delay the activation of the spell until the moment the spell ended. Although it was a basic combination attack, the timing for it was extremely difficult. As such, only about 5% of all magic-users could pull it off.

Naturally, after much training and practice, Ainz was one of them as well.

"...Farewell, Gazef Stronoff. I never hated you."

The spell ended, and time returned to the world.

Before anything else could happen, the spell took effect.

- - -

—Gazef slowly fell.

"Eh?"

"Wha-what?"

Climb and Brain had no idea of what had just happened.

In the moment Gazef had stepped forward, he had suddenly fallen over.

Ainz caught Gazef's body.

His sword fell from nerveless fingers, and fell to the ground.

The battle was over.

MachTwo said:

Ainz's resistance to Death Manipulation and Necromancy says that inducing death on him wouldn't work. Transmutation is one thing, but inducing death is an another.

Jugger47 said:
Imagine the skeleton is dead?
Ok

Btw are you know that Quincy is warring with shinigami and hollow who is literally dead by mortal means? they are soul from dead people.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Grasp heart on a guy made up of imagination?
Yes, Grasp heart causes instant death, which is essentially instant destruction. Especially when combined with The Goal of All Life is Death.

MachTwo said:
Btw are you know that Quincy is warring with shinigami and hollow who is literally dead by mortal means? they are soul from dead people.
Basic Undead Traits in Overlord give the undead immunity to instant death, which is why Shalltear had to be killed using the The Goal Of All Life is Death, bypassing all immunities/resistances.

Ainz has no resistance to death manipulation on his profile.
Yes he does. It's basically replaced with resistance to Necromancy, which still has the same effect.

From the Overlord Wiki on Ainz

Basic Undead Race Traits

• Biological Penalties' Resistance
  • Bludgeoning Vulnerability V
  • Critical Hit Immunity
  • Dark Vision
  • Death Immunity (Refering to instant death/death manip)
If you guys want to wait for a CRT that is fine but this is undeniable. Being undead means he is immune to death manipulation and it seems like that has mistakenly not been added to his profile under Basic Undead Traits.

I'm not even sure what resistance to necromancy even means which is a separate thing from death manipulation.
I'm not either, not even in the Overlord Verse do I understand what that means. Maybe some kind of necromancy specific spells idk. But he is immune to death manip. Shalltear is too because she is also undead.

MachTwo said:
Oh she has resistant to soul manip. still get soul hax gg.
That scan you gave me really didn't prove it was instant at all btw, the passive I mean. The moment the battle starts Time is stopped by ainz.

Jugger47 said:
I'm not either, not even in the Overlord Verse do I understand what that means. Maybe some kind of necromancy specific spells idk. But he is immune to death manip. Shalltear is too because she is also undead.
When Time is Stopped nobody can die or be hurt so Ainz wouldn't be killed straight away anyways by that scan you just sent. Which is why Ainz sets Grasp Heart to activate the moment times resumes with Delay Magic.

what exactly do you want to see? it's just something they do just for being alive like an aura ability.depending on the gap in power they can paralyze,make you afraid,crush your soul,and god tier can even disintegrate you for coming near them.

I'd called this Inconclusive as I'm not sure if Death Manipulation in Overlord is crushing the soul (soul manipulation) because if it is, that means Ainz is Immune to Soul Manipulation just by virtue of being undead. And we just aren't sure of either yet.

I.E. Its very possible Undead in Overlord are immune to soul manipulation under verse equalization or Soul Manipulation is in fact Death Manipulation in Overlord. We don't know.

Because if it is, that means Ainz is unfazed or atleast isn't instantly killed and stops time and kills Gremmy

And if not Gremmy just kills Ainz instantly the moment combat starts so.

I change my vote to Incon for now.

Someone who likes to read said:
Can I ask the range of that ability because if the fight ends via a pasive that the opponent can't resist the fight is invalid, so Ains must begin outside its range.
Is that a rule?

Someone who likes to read said:
Can I ask the range of that ability because if the fight ends via a pasive that the opponent can't resist the fight is invalid, so Ains must begin outside its range.
Oh you mean its just a stomp?

That's not how it works,you need to prove someone doesn't have a soul in order to be immune to soul manipulation.
Thats what Im saying, I can't prove he does or doesn't have a soul, we don't know.

For now I'd just call this a stomp then.

I have no way to prove Ainz does or does not have a soul so him surviving it even for a second is called into question. This should just be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back