• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread

Nexus. Hoo boy... Pretty much the most nightmarish Ultra of all. In terms of scaling at least and series decoding.

First of all, his tier is a bit wonky. There is a supernova feat in the series, we even see it before every opening. I would say Zagi tanked that thus, easily High 4-C but we know he's much more powerful than that. But that's not the problem. The magazines stated that the supernova threw him into the original M78 universe. Neat. Again, there's the problem, is it legit? Because after the mags, we don't seem to get anymore than all that. He apparently outlasted King and is comparable, if not, stronger than him. Noa obviously scales. Then, the finale of the series.

Like, what's up? After the series itself, comes the crossover BS that is Ginga S movie which was one heck of a missed opportunity and wasted potential of story material. Ginga S movie had Nexus nerfed down to Ginga and Victory's level. I think even at Anphans he was actually still as strong as GingaVictory. At least there's the more coherent X crossover where he would be 3-A.

Well, I got the tier done and answered by myself. But then comes the powers. Oh goodness...

I can't really say for sure. I think that's the problem. I don't what exactly Nexus has. He's got all your standard techniques, then there's all this photoelectronic composition that his beam has, and then there's his Phase Shift technique. Which may or may not be limited Quantum Manipulation.

There's a lot of them that's got a good arsenal. There's ones like Mega Flash who is capable on nullifying the Phase Shift technique. Nosferu has some sort of mind control technique that is pretty much impossible to break out of as a normal human. Though, I don' remember much more. There's also Golgolem who can easily travel to different dimensions and easily break through Nexus' barrier.

Actually yeah, he and Lizarias. Both of whom regenerated from very small pieces of themselves, with Nosferu regenerating from a small piece off himself and Lizarias reforming from a single freakin' scale.

I believe that would be Low-High Regen. Pretty nasty regen. Which means Nexus' powers allows him to destroy beings with Low up to that level of regen. Sweet.

No, the scale is still a part of his body. I mean, scales are usually around milimeters in size for even normal creatures aren't they?

Oh crap, I think Lizarias does have cellular level Regenerationn. They explicitly said that they needed to remove all traces of Lizarias after a short command from TLT HQ saying that collection of Lizarias' cell is complete. So, yeah, High.

I think he'll have some good matches. Great regen, his overall stats too isn't something to be taken lightly. Only thing I'm worried about is his range. On average, the showings of a monster's beam range usually only goes up to several hundreds of meters.

Oh my God, what in the freakin' heck is that? Seriously, Toriko seems to contain a collection of strange creatures.

But why Gakuzom though? Last I remember he doesn't have too much going. He can absorb very powerful attacks, though admittedly, still impressive as it took a prolonged exposure and a constant one for him to finally be defeated. Then, again, there's the matter of range. I don't remember him having much. Well, he controls the Baiakuhe, all of which could cover the world Zoiger and Dobishi style. He can also absorb them to become more powerful. Each of them were also capable of hurting Agul... actually I think Gakuzom would be a great addition.

Though, wouldn't Gakuzom have some sort of advantage? I mean, Moon is big, but Gakuzom still has his range which extends at least several hundreds of kilometers via Baiakuhe control. Though I don't know how effective those flies really are. Also, I'm pretty sure Gakuzom would scale to Gaia who would be on a higher tier like say, 4-B? I think we can use Gaia's movie for his scaling. Secondary Canon, but nothing indicated he isn't as powerful as Dyna or Tiga.

Wait, what? Wait? What you talkin' 'bout? If you're talking about creation of Ultraman profiles, why? I'm literally the only person making the pages now.

But man,more i discussing it,more i realize my most beloved childhood heroes and their monster is really fracking powerful.

You had no idea how excited I got after realizing that Ultraman had long passed the Planet level barrier and had gone even further beyond.

I was particularly impressed by the fact that they made Ultraman so damn powerful even during the first series. Which is how we got the current scaling we have now.

Anyway, it's getting real dark here, so Imma have to go soon.

Akreious said:
An Ultra's Inner Light is... weird. From the descriptions from Tsuburaya, an Ultra's "Inner Light" is a form of Energy within an Ultra. It seems to be treated similarly to the soul, however Ultras had their inner lights ripped out before and was revived without the need to return their Inner Light.... so.... It looks like it's more "Life Force" than Soul, which is what the Ultraman Wiki calls it as (An Ultra's Life Energy)
Alternatively, it could be that the Inner Light is an "Essential Energy" similarly to how us humans need Blood. Although, like I said, not much information is given by Tsuburaya about an Ultra's Inner Light.

Edit: Yes. I do that. ;D
hmmmm I always thought that the Ultra's inner light was from solar energy from stars like the sun and they could only stay on Earth for 3 minutes due to the atmosphere weakening the sun's rays and that whenever they were running out of it their colour timer (the blue core like thing on their chest) would go blinking red and they would die if it went completely black resulting in their death but they could be revived if people gave the Ultra their light it happened to Ultraman Tiga in the last episode in his battle with Gatanothor in 'To the shining ones'

Musashi was the host of Cosmos and Ultraman Cosmsos was fighting the Gloker Pawns on his own without Musashi in the Space Corona mode and we was getting destroyed until Musashi decided to fuse with Cosmos and Cosmos's colour timer was back to blue and it appeared that Cosmos was stronger with Musashi and Cosmos was killed along with Musashi inside of him by Ultraman Justice and the Gloker Pawns in 'Ultraman Cosmos vs Ultraman Justice: The Final Battle' Cosmos was later revived by his friends after they found him and gave him their light similar to all those kids and adults giving Tiga their light but this time no one was in Cosmos apart from Musashi but when everyone gave Tiga their light they became apart of him

another thing to note was that Tiga had become Glitter Tiga but Cosmos stayed the same and switched to his Future Mode to fly off and save Justice from the Gloker Bishop

Akreious said:
Lets add more fuel to this discussion!
So I've been reading over old Wikia ultras and I realized that in one of the Ultraman Magazines, it claims that Ultraman Legend's Spark Legend (The thing he used to destroy the spaceship thing) can instantly kill anything it hits. Ultraman Legend has OHK. He also has Power Absorption. He also apparently has Time Travel and can paralyze as well as cancel illusions; along with Ultraman Cosmos and Justice's abilities (As those two are only two halves of him). Yay! Haxes!
well if you unlock him in Ultraman Fighting Evolution 3 by beating the Cosmos vs Justice The Final Battle mission by getting a A-rank or S-rank he is extremely OP the Spark Legend 1 shots anything no matter how much Health the oppenent has I used him for the '10 Major Areas of Earth Invaded!' which was exclusive to the game

Mr.Cutlery said:
You had no idea how excited I got after realizing that Ultraman had long passed the Planet level barrier and had gone even further beyond.
I used to think that some Ultras were only moon level or planet level and that the only Universal Ultras were Beryudora (if you can even consider it as an Ultra), King and Legend

no one gonna talk about Belial soloing nearly every Ultra with the Giga Battle Nizer?

I usually just see the solar energies they absorb as being... a secondary power source of sorts? I don't know. Aren't Inner Lights pretty much their own essences?

You know, I'm starting to doubt if Gatanothor really has petrification. Didn't Tiga turn to stone because that was how Tiga was "revived"? The body that Daigo transforms to was just the stone statue itself, wasn't it? There, more confusion.

Pretty sure Tiga became Glitter Tiga because he was empowered by billions of people. Approximately 5.84 billion. Whereas Cosmos was only empowered by those few people. Those being the friends he has made throughout the years.

I mean, if nothing else contradicts Legend's finisher to be OHK, I guess that would be legit. Tiering is still a problem though.

Dude, you thought Ultras were Moon level back then? Well, I thought Ultras weren't even City level. That means seeing city wide destruction levels were mind blowing to me back then.

No matter how you look at it, Belial would still only be around 4-B with that feat. It also serves as one of the best stamina feats in the entirety of the franchise.

"I usually just see the solar energies they absorb as being... a secondary power source of sorts? I don't know. Aren't Inner Lights pretty much their own essences?"

Solar Energy is more how Vitamin D works for humans while their Inner Light is more akin to their life force or, dare I say, Mitochondria (The powerhouse of the cell).

"You know, I'm starting to doubt if Gatanothor really has petrification. Didn't Tiga turn to stone because that was how Tiga was "revived"? The body that Daigo transforms to was just the stone statue itself, wasn't it? There, more confusion."

No, it's basically confirmed to be petrification by every other media out there. The Stone Statue is the physical body of Tiga; that's why after Tiga's companion's statues were destroyed, no humans could revive it anymore. Even if it wasn't petrification, that'd mean Gatanozoa (Gatanothor's original name before they changed it) completely drained Tiga of all his powers and knocked the host out completely with one blast. That's strong ass Power Absorption/Null right there.

"I mean, if nothing else contradicts Legend's finisher to be OHK, I guess that would be legit. Tiering is still a problem though."

Tiering? Legend is a Super Ultra that stomps Cosmos and Justice. Whoever Cosmos and Justice scales to in their strongest states, Legend would be stomp levels superior.

"Dude, you thought Ultras were Moon level back then? Well, I thought Ultras weren't even City level. That means seeing city wide destruction levels were mind blowing to me back then."

3 Ultras shared a planet destroying feat back in the Showa Era. Pretty sure 1/3 of Planet Level (Complete destruction) is at least Moon Level. And there's several implications of planet+ and solar system feats; with Vacuumons being a huge confirmation that these stories might not be outliers since Vacuumons is the flipping size of what its feats entails.

"No matter how you look at it, Belial would still only be around 4-B with that feat. It also serves as one of the best stamina feats in the entirety of the franchise."

Indeed, Belial only recently got out of prison, to which he promptly solo'd the entire planet's military force despite the fact that he hasn't moved for millennia with no access to sunlight; the essential vitamin D of Ultras.

Also, I have a problem with Leo being 3-B but not all the other Ultra Brothers. They're all shown roughly equal no matter the times, so having Leo be so much stronger than them should raise MANY red flags. Another thing to add to the confusion is that Hikari is shown to be physically comparable at least to Victory; meaning Hikari who's only been a scientist for god knows how long is just as strong as Victory in the Ultra Fight Victory Special. Does this mean Hikari is somehow superior to Father of Ultra, who Belial stomped?

Edit: Also Ultraman X is 3-A. Even though he gets his ass scolded by basically any veteran Ultra out there in the series. Uhhh

I'm gonna completely ignore the first part because I don't wanna continue on from there. The matter of Inner Lights is something I'd like to tackle (again) some other time.

Wait, I actually typed in Gatanothor... Guess I really adapted into the name change. Whatever. Anyway, so... actually, yeah. The beam was pretty much a OHK as well. Didn't Tiga still got some juice left before Cthulhu's edgy son just went on to blast him?

I'm pretty sure that after thinking about it again, Vacuumon is well beyond the size of a solar system. At the end of his episode, you could see the celestial bodies it absorbed being released. Several planets, and then around 3-4 stars came out and (somehow) went back to the constellations they were absorbed from. So yeah, 4-B Showa Ultras.

I mean, I'm just trying to avoid being too generous by giving the same rating (3-B) to the other Showa Ultras simply because they should logically be around the same level as Leo. I'm pretty sure Victory still has his rating from the movie, which is 4-B, at the beginning of UFV, which is why I don't really consider Hikari being at the same level as FoU. Besides, FoU would be at least 3-A what with his appearance in Geed's final episode, wasted poten-- I mean, Geed no Akashi.

Back