• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

Lack of something means immune
How does it became resistance, even doesn't greeza have type 5 aspect of non existence which lacks of fundamental?

Hm. Well I'll probably bring it up myself, just need the scan, which already exists and go off from there.

It's not immunity because we're playing it overly safe, I guess. I mean, after all, I don't remember under what condition resistance to info came about anyway when I only remember staff proposing it be resistance to info analysis instead.

Welp looks like my guess is correct. Decker is pulling the same shtick as Dyna with their enemies being much stronger than Tiga/Trigger’s enemies.

King Sphere

A huge floating object that appeared in the sky above various places and covered the sky like a mirage. The greatest enemy of humankind.

So King Sphere is considered the greatest enemy of humankind and would this scale above even Megalothor 2nd Form

The mini boss is apparently stronger than the final boss of Ultraman Trigger. And there’s five of these King Spheres. If I had to guess it’s likely that one of these King Spheres will turn itself into Sphere Megalothor and they will be the mid boss. I guess there’s gonna be another huge scaling chain increase soon.

Last edited:
It’s more like the Ultra race of the Shin Ultraman world are the strongest. They are all at least Low 1-C (6-D) in their true form.

The mini boss is apparently stronger than the final boss of Ultraman Trigger. And there’s five of these King Spheres. If I had to guess it’s likely that one of these King Spheres will turn itself into Sphere Megalothor and they will be the mid boss. I guess there’s gonna be another huge scaling chain increase soon.
Eh, whatever. We're already well into the thousands. So uh, let's get wild, Decker, show us what you got.

And touching on Shinman as well, I guess I was wrong about them not having the capability to be at that level normally. I mean, going off spoilers, he actually did manipulate something on that dimensional level so Low 1-C is solid. Should be.

Now back to Decker... I am now hoping that since not all midbosses have to be an equally matched mons, it's instead round 2 with the Sphere fleet.

Oh the thumbnail looks nice. And that reminds me I still haven’t watched episode 2 yet. I really should go and watch it before episode 3 comes out.

Okay just finished it and yeah since it’s more of a transitional episode nothing crazy happened outside of us learning what their motivations are. Though this episode did introduce the monster cards. So I guess the next two will be introduction for Strong Type and Miracle Type. And episode 5 is when we get to the main story. Episode 2 wasn’t as good as episode 1 in my opinion but it‘s definitely way better than Trigger’s first two episodes. The characters are much more fleshed out in just two episodes.

Last edited:
And that's what's good about it, it knew when to hold back just enough so the characters are the ones to carry the episode rather than outright throwing all the big guns. The characterization provided a good enough base for the episode to go by.

I can't, shouldn't, be saying this but I'm hoping at least the 3rd episode carries over that level of development. All in all, since Takesue is still on helm this time, I'm not very scared of any level of deviation from expectations. Mans gave us Haruki's depression arc, so imagine what he can do later down the line now that TsuPro is at their "learned from their mistakes" stage again.

How do you confirm if an Ultraman series will be great? Gomora gets absolutely Ultra-Obliterated by the Power form lmao

Another great episode if only for the entertainment value, but I was right in some aspects, as the Sphere came back even for a moment to showcase another innate ability of theirs. Hope Decker gets to resist that at one point. It's basically forced Fusionism and Transmutation.

Past that however, I did not expect my boy Monsarger to show up this early. Damn, now I'm getting greedy and hoping for Gaigareid as well.

Forgot to post this but a hint from the leaker about possible info for the Ultra Dual Sword

Hints were Future, Ghost, Desert, Lightning and they said it has something to do with the Ultra Dual Sword. In Chinese this would be

未来 Future
幽灵 Ghost
沙漠 Desert
雷电 Lightning

Taking the first word of the last three in Chinese would make 幽沙雷 something that has a similar pronunciation to 幽莎蕾 Yuzare in Chinese. So based on this hint the Ultra Dual Sword that Decker and Trigger uses might have something to do with Yuzare from the future.

Odd, and somewhat farfetched imo, but we don't exactly have any other clues besides that. That makes the Dual Sword the one element that's surprisingly well kept then.

The leaker said he’ll like the post that guesses the meaning of the hints correctly and a post that said Yuzare from the future was the one that he liked. So yeah this is in fact what the hint is talking about.

Oh. The good ol' "knows the answer bit will still hafta let the rest guess first". Well, at least that means they actually haven't completely discarded everything from Trigger. Good to know, actually, since I wanna know how she and perhaps by extension, the Core, still holds up against the new threat.

Yuzare making swords now ? Pretty neat eh.

Anyways, is it true that the Storium kousen is 20x more powerful than the Metallium beam ? It says this afterall in the official Tsuburaya Productions website:

Special Moves - Strium Beam
Strium Beam is Taro’s most powerful beam attack shot from both arms arranged in a T-shape, while shouting “Strium Beam” out loud after absorbing energy in the atmosphere to the body. Before the beam is shot out, Ultraman Taro raises his arm and make a series of movements to gather the energy required. It is said to be twenty times more powerful than Ultraman Ace’s Metalium Beam and has defeated countless monsters.

There was even those compilation of scans from Tieba taken from old databooks, so yeah, pretty legit. Try around pages 20 - 35, I think that's about where they were. It's been a while...

It’s already listed on the scaling blog for Showa Era only. Since it’s clearly shown that the difference in power between Taro and the other Ultra Brothers are no longer that big outside of the Showa Era during Taro’s initial appearance in his tv series.

Ultraman Decker August Episode Titles and Description

Episode 5: Greedy demon in the lake
Screenwriter: Jun Tsugita
Director: Takanori Tsujimoto
Incidents of a monster stealing electricity has been happening quite frequently. Ichika meets a mysterious girl during the evacuation.

Recap Episode
Screenwriter: Junichiro Ashiki
“Director: Yusuke Murakami

Episode 6: Underground Monster Appears! It Appeared!
Screenwriter: Takao Nakano
The flowers of pod bamboo, known as the precursor of the mutation of heaven and earth, bloomed and golden rainbows appeared in the sky. As if it had been called upon by something, the underground monster appeared...

Episode 7: Light of Hope From the Crimson Planet
Screenwriter: Naoki Hisaya
Director: Koichi Sakamoto
Mysterious energy has been detected underground and it turns out to be…. the “darkness” that was defeated 10 years ago has now been resurrected.

Ultraman Decker August Episode Characters and Monsters

Episode 5: Eleking and Decker Miracle Type
Recap Episode: Return of Marlulu and the TPU Technology guy
Episode 6: Pagos and Agira
Episode 7: Trigger and Sphere Megalothor

Well damn Sphere Megalothor isn’t even the mid series finale boss. It’s just an early series mini boss apparently. So they are gonna pull a Gilvallis on Megalothor from the looks of it. Well damn did the scaling really increase this much after 10 years?

Last edited:
New = Stronger up to 11, literally ain't nothing as extreme as this since the Showa Era where they're at least being more direct about it. Even with all the mad increases we've seen throughout Heisei and New Gen leading up to this.

Still though, ayy, Takanori up next already?

Ultraman Decker August Episode Titles and Description

Episode 5: Greedy demon in the lake
Screenwriter: Jun Tsugita
Incidents of a monster stealing electricity has been happening quite frequently. Ichika meets a mysterious girl during the evacuation.

Recap Episode
Screenwriter: Junichiro Ashiki
“Director: Yusuke Murakami

Episode 6: Underground Monster Appears! It Appeared!
Screenwriter: Takao Nakano
The flowers of pod bamboo, known as the precursor of the mutation of heaven and earth, bloomed and golden rainbows appeared in the sky. As if it had been called upon by something, the underground monster appeared...

Episode 7: Light of Hope From the Crimson Planet
Screenwriter: Naoki Hisaya
Director: Koichi Sakamoto
Mysterious energy has been detected underground and it turns out to be…. the “darkness” that was defeated 10 years ago has now been resurrected.

Ultraman Decker August Episode Characters and Monsters

Episode 5: Eleking and Decker Miracle Type
Recap Episode: Return of Marlulu and the TPU Technology guy
Episode 6: Pagos and Agira
Episode 7: Trigger and Sphere Megalothor
Additional information about these episodes:

Episode 7:
- Old GUTS-Select breaks the Sphere
barrier from space. Director for this episode is
Sakamoto Koichi.
- The appearance of King
Sphere, Sphere Soldier, Carmeara.

Episode 8:
- Trigger gives Decker a dual sword
to defeat Sphere Megalozoa.
- Sphere Megalothor was once attached to a
piece of debris that had sunk into the sea
where Trigger had defeated Megalozoa
second form
- Carmeara in sphere body fights Trigger as a
separate entity from Sphere Megalothor.

A return that actually features the mini-boss in 2 episodes consecutively? Oh, oh crap, they break through already?

Edit: I had initially thought it meant total breakthrough, but there was no reason it was completely a spec ops type of infiltration instead.

So.. if Sphere Megalothor is as powerful as 2nd phase Megalothor was, does that mean a 400x upscale for Multi type Trigger and Flash type Decker ?

In Ultraman Dyna, the monsters revived by the original Spheres were stated to be even more powerful than when they were alive such as Golza II being stronger than Fire Golza upon being revived by Sphere.

So if the Spheres in Ultraman Decker have the same revival shenanigans going on Sphere Megalothor would actually be stronger than 2nd Form Megalothor. But we’ll still have to wait and see if they are capable of fighting Megalothor without any stronger forms.

Sphere monsters are many (At least 4) times stronger than their normal selves. Should’ve seen this one coming.

Last edited:
Well, there we go. Kinda odd that the only new ability the Spheres get this time are EMP blasts, though, but we are only approaching the 4th week.

Probably because the Spheres of the Trigger/Decker world is specifically countering TPU’s overeliance of remote control and AI stuff. But yeah they should have more stuff to show later on.

But anyways if Sphere boost really are a 4x boost for every monster. This would mean Sphere Megalothor would be 1600x baseline Low 2-C. And to think it isn’t even the mid series boss.

Last edited:
Just realized after going on one of the ultra series vs battles Tieba that Sphere Megalothor also has a many times stronger statement in the magazine so yeah it’s confirmed. Sphere boosts are all many (at least 4) times. And Sphere Megalothor is in fact 1600x baseline Low 2-C.

Probably because the Spheres of the Trigger/Decker world is specifically countering TPU’s overeliance of remote control and AI stuff.
Ah, right.

In any case, 1600x? Are you serious? So we either upscale Base Tartarus or we accept that Decker's en route coming for his ass because that's half of what he currently upscales from. Massively, yes, but this is also still Early Series Decker. Ah well, never said we can't just halve the values since it'll be a double team against the mega snail.

Base Tartarus already downscales from Post-Training Ultimate Shining Zero (Wild Burst) who is at least 3200x baseline Low 2-C.

I already acknowledged that scaling, din't I? But I guess a correction on my part is due, upscale Tartarus and anyone else relevant to higher than where Decker may eventually end up, which could very well be higher than 3200x by the endgame.

Ohhh you mean if end of series Decker scales above 3200x baseline can Base Tartarus scale sorry I didn’t read it properly. Hmm that’s a good question. Well if they make a statement in the future about Tartarus still having more energy than the final boss or if Decker fights Tartarus in his strongest form than I guess Tartarus could scale in Base.

But so far it doesn’t seem likely that Tartarus will be involved in the series at all. Though I guess another way he could scale is if they once again state Tartarus is the strongest enemy of the series so far. But that doesn’t seem likely especially not when the mysterious Lord of Absolutians might be appearing soon.

Also do we even know if Trigger and Decker will scale to Sphere Megalothor yet? Not to mention technically Base Tartarus could actually be downscaling from 10000x baseline if we assume Ultimate Shining is a 50x boost scaling from the fusion multiplier.

Last edited:
That's about what I was concerned with.

I don't think it's necessary for Tartarus to need another statement since they're unlikely to completely shaft him after giving his first major loss but still plan another arc for the Absolutians as a whole. By that, he should be scalable to whoever goes higher if he happens to be shown to fight them.

And I wonder if it's even fine to halve them to that 1600x. Because we know like Geed in Z, Trigger is going to be the superior fighter of the two.

Back