• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

They still imply the universe is infinite. So what, a universe is a spatially infinite continuum? That'd be neat.
Infinite speed Zero when

Besides that, this second half doesn't have much, just more affirmation that Zero's the strongest. Damn guy, getting the best all the time.

The word used in the Chinese translation is 无垠 (Wuyin) in English its closest to the word boundless but in Japanese the closest thing to it seems to be the word 無限 (Mugen) which is Infinite.

无垠 in Chinese means 没有边际 (No boundary/edge/margin). So basically endless or boundless both words work and are synonyms to infinite.

Yeah maybe we could make the characters At least 3-A, possibly High 3-A with the novel statement about the universe being boundless coupled together with Cosmos' infinite universe statement.

Oh right also just saying the original Japanese word of the Waterfall of Time is 時の滝壺 (toki no takitsubo)

Yeah I'll see if I can make the thread sometime after I finish translating the novel. Might as well make it along with the Low 2-C change and the likely 2-B Eternity Core at this point since we aren't entirely sure if Tartarus will do some 2-C stuff in UGF3. So we should try to get as much stuff done early on as possible.

Yeah google translate said 滝壺 is waterfall basin but ehh the English summary translated it as waterfall same with one of the Chinese translation so that's what I'll stick to.

Sounds good, but shouldn't we try to see if there's also more supporting statements from Nexus' set? Unless he actually has little info. Either way is fine, however.

Waterfall of Time sounds better, and it's not like the novel has any official translation yet.

Yeah I guess that's fine. I'll take a look at Nexus' thread after I'm done translating. I'm finally on winter break now so I have the time to spare.

Yeah definitely. Waterfall Basin of Time just sounds weird to me. Waterfall of Time sounds way cooler. And it's not like we can even see the original novel anymore. It was supposed to be a limited time 10th anniversary novel for Zero so it's no longer officially sold anymore from what I know. Also almost done with the second page.

Ah, cool. I'm also really curious as to where the wiki found info for molecular decomposition, one of them suspected it's part of the post-episode trivia but that seems dubious, and I really want to keep that Deconstruction. I mean, even visually it shows that, but still.

Ah man, that's a shame. Since you needed to be a subscriber of Tsu Galaxy in the first place, I thought it'd at least remain accessible to those who were in time for it.

Page 2 of the Chinese translation. We've got confirmation that the Waterfall of Time exist outside of the universe.

It was at this moment, someone mentioned about the "Waterfall of Time" to Zero and told him that he might find a way to control the golden power there.

This was the first time Zero has seen hope. Although it is very small, Zero still began his journey of searching in the vast universe.

“But... where is the Waterfall of Time…”

Zero said to himself while flying.

Zero has inquired many people, but no one knows where the "Waterfall of Time" is. The only clue was a sentence that a passing traveler told him.

“Only those that have been summoned can reach the Waterfall of Time.” For this reason, Zero emitted extremely powerful light while flying through the universe, trying to make the summoner notice him as much as possible.

However, the ones who noticed that Zero were just cosmic thugs, or rather the remnants of the Machine Soldier Legionoid army. Without a doubt Zero beat them to the ground and maintained the local peace, but he still did not feel the call.

“This won't work out...... should I go back and re-plan first.....?”

After defeating the last few dozens of machine soldiers, Zero sat down on the boulders of an asteroid to rest for a moment before preparing to go back and make plans. Just as he stood up, a strange thing suddenly happened.

“What is this......?”

A fist-sized, glowing hole had appeared in Zero’s abdomen.

He did not feel pain or any other sensation. There was simply a hole on the surface of Zero’s body. Perhaps the inside of the hole was golden, and a golden glow could be seen at the edge of the hole. The hole was not Zero’s body either, it seemed to lead to somewhere else.

“It seems that I have finally been summoned”

Zero looked toward his right hand abruptly, and stretched it into the hole. In the next instant, he had been sucked away by the hole in his abdomen and disappeared from this universe without a trace.

When he woke up, he found himself floating in an incredible space.

Last edited:
Ah, cool. I'm also really curious as to where the wiki found info for molecular decomposition, one of them suspected it's part of the post-episode trivia but that seems dubious, and I really want to keep that Deconstruction. I mean, even visually it shows that, but still.

Ah man, that's a shame. Since you needed to be a subscriber of Tsu Galaxy in the first place, I thought it'd at least remain accessible to those who were in time for it.
Well I did find the novel here on Tsuburaya Imagination. So I'm not sure if the full novel available if you can make a Japanese account. But I do know that the link to buying the actual novel itself on the other Tsuburaya site has expired. Also just realized the narration at the beginning of the original Japanese version is somewhat different from the Chinese version.

時の流れは戻らない。
それは物質だろうと生物だろうと、肉体だろうと心だろうと、どんなものにとっても一方通行の見えない流れ。時の流れが進むことで、物質は朽ち果て、生物は生まれ、肉体は衰え、心は豊かになっていく。
この宇宙のありとあらゆるものが、平等に享受し、平等に奪われる、不変の原理。
——そのはずだった。

The flow of time does not return.
It is a one-way invisible flow for all things, whether they are material or biological, physical or mental. As the flow of time progresses, matter decays, living things are born, the body decays, and the mind becomes richer.
It is an unchanging principle that all things in this universe are equally enjoyed and equally taken away.
--that was supposed to be the case.

This actually sounds better so I'll use this at the beginning of the chapter instead.

I imagine Narak works similarly to the Waterfall here, in that it should be causally disconnected from universes, but can still be affected by a powerful enough force.

Ah wait, it was Imagination. Well unless the trail runs cold, then I don't think we'd need it yet.

Yep seems like it. And Zero did say he was gonna destroy the space when he fought Tartarus in Narak. So maybe potential upgrade if he does destroy it?

Well from the looks of it the Chinese translation took some liberties and changed a few phrases of the original Japanese narration. Though I'd say overall nothing much changed as its still saying the same thing. But here's the Japanese version of the opening narration translated using DeepL Translator.

The flow of time does not return.

It is a one-way invisible flow for all things, whether they are material or biological, physical or mental. As the flow of time progresses, matter decays, living things are born, the body decays, and the mind becomes richer.

It is an unchanging principle that all things in this universe are equally enjoyed and equally taken away.

--that was supposed to be the case.

But one day, an event occurred that overturned that immutability.

A golden hero rewound the flow of time and resurrected the lives of his lost comrades. It was an event that no one could have predicted, and it was the result of a scheme by a great evil that had been defeated by the hero.

The hero's name was Zero.

The name of the great evil was Belial.

Last edited:
I thought he said he was only going to blow Tartarus out of it? Still, yes, destroying it might actually be a good feat.

Anyway, also read the Japanese version, and it does sound better as well.

Oh right sorry my bad saw the Chinese translation of UGF2 too many times that I forgot the newest translation groups translation quality is pretty bad.

Right?

Seems a rising thing in recent shows' translations. Z and Trigger for examples have an awfully compressed video quality plus an unedited version still having the commercials.

Yeah the worst thing is this is supposed to be the official Chinese translator. But its apparently bad to the point where people actually have to make threads on Tieba or comments on BiliBili explaining what is actually being said for a scene.

Page 3 of the Chinese translation of Chapter 1

All around the surroundings were faint golden yellow, and there were a few vortices composed of fine golden sand, floating from bottom to top like bubbles in the water. Looking closely, Zero found that the golden light was translucent, and behind the light was the place where he was just now. Except, the color there was lost and turned into a black and white scenery. Zero seemed to hear the sound of strong wind blowing from behind, but his body didn’t have the feeling of being forced to move by the wind.

Looking further into the distance, Zero found a vortex of quicksand that was unusually thick compared to other vortices. Going closer, he could see that it is different from those bottom-up vortices. Sand particles are falling from the top down. They fell toward a location that is too far from Zero for him to judge the situation.

Zero looked upward to see the source of the sand grains. He saw a black cave with huge swirls of sand grains slowly descending from the cave. The edge of the cave emitted a faint golden light crooked, as if it was being sucked upward into the cave. The roar coming from within the cave, sounded like someone intentionally turned the sound of the waterfall up to the loudest level.

“Looks like this is the Waterfall of Time.”

Zero marveled at this bizarre scene.

“That’s right. This is the Waterfall of Time.”

“Who is that!?”

Suddenly someone spoke, the voice was low and deep and it carried an incredible majesty. Zero immediately took up a fighting stance, but no one could be seen in his surroundings.

“Don't bother, I only have a voice, you can't possibly see me.”

“Are you the one who summoned me here?”

Zero did not dare to drop his guard and raised his doubts.

“Precisely, no need to be so nervous. I will not harm you. Besides, even if I had that thought, I don't have a physical body that I could use to attack you.”

The owner of the voice sounded very calm.

“You can think of me as the guardian here. I have no name. And I have been here ever since I’ve become conscious. The only consciousness in my mind is to guard this place.”

Hearing his calm voice, Zero finally believed he was not hostile and relaxed his guard.

“My name is Ultraman Zero. I came to this place in order to master a new power.”

Page 4 of the Chinese translation of Chapter 1. This will be all I do today. Really didn't think it'd take me around 4 hours to translate 4 pages of the Chinese translation of the novel. I'll continue translating the last 4 pages tomorrow.

“I know. Because I sensed the moment that power was born. The golden power that can control time. That is why I summoned you here.”

“That’s good to know. I want to completely harness this power. If you know the method then tell me what it is.”

The timekeeper, who was previously answering quickly, responded to this question from Zero with silence.

“......Why aren’t you speaking?”

Cyrus waited impatiently and pressed the question again. The Timekeeper asked him back.

“Why do you want to control this power?”

This time Zero fell into silence. After the silence he calmly recounted.

“......For the first time in this universe, I had companions. We helped each other, and to me, each of them are unique. But I fell into the trap of those evildoers, and I took the lives of my companions… by my own hand.”

Zero seemed to be very disgusted with himself when he finally said it, but the watcher did not make any reaction. Maybe he already knew about it. Zero continued:

“......Thanks to this power, my companions survived. Unfortunately, it seems that I have revived one more person. However, I myself do not even have the memory of having used this power. If he comes back to set up my partners, it is also possible that this time I will really lose them. In order to protect my companions, I want to master this power!”

“......That is going to be difficult.”

“What do you mean by that!?”

“Time manipulation is not supposed to be a power that the people of this world should have. It doesn't matter how much you blame yourself, or whether your companions are dead or alive. That will not change.”

“What!?”

In the face of the angry Zero, the Guardian didn’t seem to care. He continued to speak plainly:

“Let's assume you gained this power. By relying on it, your companions might be able to escape when trouble arises. But what about the others? In the universe, there are many people who died unclearly and unjustly. Are you going to save everyone? If you can't save everyone, then it's not fair. Even if you can save everyone's lives, the world would be saturated with the living. The new life that should have been born might not be born as a result. What is the difference between that and time stagnating? Wouldn't this be leading the world to death in another sense?”

For this chapter there’s only 4 more pages left in the Chinese translation. Once I have finished translating them I’ll link the google doc with the full chapter. I’m also gonna post it on Reddit so more people could read this. Cause they are missing out on a lot if they don’t read this novel.

Oh boy I took a look on page 5 and if I'm reading this correctly Zero's gonna get some major resistance upgrades. Look forward to the translation of page 5 tomorrow guys.

Major resistance upgrade
Uh oh
sweating-nervous.gif

Well here’s the full context of the resistance from page 5 then.

“你不要小看它。这世上全部时间的流向,都集中在那团漩涡之中。任你体格有多么坚韧,只要你稍有分神,马上就会灰飞烟灭。”

“Don't underestimate it. All the flow of time in this world is concentrated in that vortex. No matter how tough your physique is, if you are slightly distracted, you will soon be wiped out.”

The vortex that Zero swam through in order to gain control over Shining is actually the concentration of all the time in the Ultra Series Multiverse. So he basically resisted countless x countless layers of time assaulting him and threatening to erase him from existence.

Last edited:
This is probably like the highest lvl of time manipulation resistance that’s not higher dimension shenanigans right?

If it's accepted then it might actually be. It's quite ridiculous to be honest, but it's not exactly contradictory.

I'm only concerned by, "all time in this world". Unless world in this specific instance is actually clarified to be the cosmology as a whole.

I mean the Waterfall of Time does exist in a place outside of the universe and it’s time. And like the clips you showed each universe has it’s own separate space-time. Not to mention why would the Guardian say all the time if one universe is just one space-time? So its very likely that this world is indeed referring to the entire multiverse rather than just a single universe.

True. Plus, the name and description of the Waterfall also heavily implies that. Oh man, what a haul. If only we can scale this to the god tiers as well.

For real somehow Zero surpassed the god tiers in terms of pure resistance thanks to this novel if only this could scale to them. Though if King really is the Guardian of Time like in the Hit Song History than it might be possible for King to have it.

Well if King is the Guardian of Time then that also means he has that as his hax instead. But yeah, I can't believe how good Zero gets it.

I guess we should also start finding ways to determine how these resistance works, or how and when they can scale to others if possible.

I’ll get to translating it tomorrow. But since I have a dentist appointment in the morning tomorrow I’d say I’ll probably only be able to finish page 5 and maybe page 6 in the morning if I’m fast enough. After that page 7 and 8 will be done at night.

Oh right Sakuya managed to tie with Zero because we weren’t sure if his resistance is layered. Now we know that it is countless x countless layered the match will probably be removed once the thread is made and the resistance gets accepted.

Back