• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The tiering system revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingPin0422

Derp Idol
Joke Battles
Retired
Hello everyone.

I would like to address the big change that has been made to VS Battles very recently: the overhaul of the tiering system. Basically, while it still sort of goes by dimensions, those are no longer the primary metric; the system now goes by raw size.

Now, normally we would just ignore any changes made to the tiering system for the most part, like how we chose to keep the old High 1-A even after VS Battles axed it. However, because these changes affect the system on a fundamental level, I do not think that we can simply disregard it.

As such, I am calling upon all available staff members to collaborate in creating a new and improved tiering system for the Joke Battles site. Any non-staff members that are trusted by the administration may also participate.

btw I feel like the new system is MADE for JBW, just look at it, it's infinite spamming! Muwahahaha!

So, in short:

What thingies changed The h*ck we do?
Being higher dimensional or affecting higher dimensional space/objects doesn't give you higher dimensional AP unless the being/object/space is is either treated as being infinitely above lower-dimensional ones specifically because of their dimensionality, or is provably infinite. Point out in our TS page that being higher dimensional or affecting higher dimensional space/objects alone technically doesn't make you have higher dimensional AP, but we are laid back about it and won't correct anyone if they decide to do so. Not to mention some users don't even bother giving justifications for AP, so any rule we could make about this is about as useless as Sakura Haruno.
Tier 11 changed their names The same we did with 2-C, have both names and let the users decide which one to use.
High 2-A got axed and is now part of low 1-C. Meh, getting rid of this one isn't problematic as far as I'm concerned.
1-A got split. Tier 1 in general can go suck my dick.
Someone more experienced should handle this.
Tier 0 came back with a redone definition. Adopt it with a new name (Like low 0, for example) or rename our own Tier 0 (To something like High 0, Absolute 0 [Get it?] or similar). The former seems less problematic.
Cope's birthday is near and Alex's nearer Make a couple of mashups and pretend they are birthday presents
But hey, that's just an opinion. A TROLL opinion.

Thanks for reading.

Oh cool. I finally have an excuse to upgrade deus to tier 1 without using stuff and scenes that never left any sort of drawing board

The ideas of Rodri seem good for the site overall, we never really cared for indexing accuracy for the most part anyways.

Rodri is probably fight.

The whole idea of JBW was just that we have the regular VS tiering system + those memey ones. We can either just do exactly what VS does, or keep it as it is. Or go with what Rodri suggested. It doesn't really matter since the tiering system is inherently useless here lol

Uh

Nothing

Just the way he says it should be handled, not the value themselves.

Uhhh, I just read the "revised Tier 0," and it's highest version looks almost exactly like many of the Godmode profiles that used to be made frequently on this site.

I mean, your proposal being accepted leads into nothing having to be done really (At least necessarily), which appears to be the case.

I mean, I don't exactly mind changing our Tiering System for the sake of accuracy, even if it doesn't exactly change much.

However I guess Rodri's proposals are pretty good overall. I'll give a more in-depth look at them later and see if we can apply anything.

Seeing as how everyone has agreed so far, is it okay if we simply yeet out "High 2-A", and absorb it into Low 1-C?

I can also change the names of Tier 11, based on Rodri's suggestion.

Well, it hasn't "officially" happened, but you are free to keep their stats as they are if you please. I'll probably begin changing the system soon anyways.

Just copy-and-paste the VS one. We steal every other bloody thing from them anyway.

I wouldn't mind doing that tbh. Let's see if anyone else wants to give their thoughts before proceeding tho.

Not necessarily though.

If people wish to keep using High 2-A then that is okay. It's only about how our "official" tiering system will look in comparison with VSBW.

However if anyone wants their profiles to be as close to how our tiering system looks and want to change their stats, then they are free to do so.

honestly i think we would have to change things because it'll make things confusing when people are making fights with high 2-A pages and low 1-C pages that are both actually the same. and then trying to put that low 1-C profile against something that's also listed as low 1-C but it's not actually 5D like the other one, see what i'm saying?

Let's just put a note mentioning what "High 2-A" represented in the past, that way, people don't get confused. Then we can go on with the changes

eh, i think it would be alot better to edited the pages. i feel like knowing the people on this site they aren't gonna get the hint

"Note: It should be noted that, due to the most recent revision of our Tiering System, Low 1-C now includes 5-dimensional characters, and as such, the old High 2-A statistic has been merged with the previous one."

Okay then. I also agree with Rodri's proposal of adding both the old and new names on Tier 11, as we did with 2-C.

We also probably need to add Low 1-A as well and apply the definition given to us by VSBW.

Tier 11 was supposed to be revised as well, but nothing on that front ever came up.

So I think we've agreed to start using the new system, but with a few small changes and additions to accommodate for the more relaxed nature of Joke Battles. Is that right?

Yeah we can make a few adjustments of course. Though I think we should make Tier 11 the same as VSBW (sans Rodri's additions obviously) since nobody ever uses them honestly.

Well, in any case, I'll begin by:

> Merging "High 2-A" with Low 1-C

> Adding the new VSBW Tier 11 names alongside the old ones

> Probably adding Low 1-A

I still think we can just copy the TS from VS Battles and paste it onto our site (while keeping the extra tiers, of course). There's really no need to do all this extra work, is there?

Well that's the point though. Although in that case, I guess we can change the names of Tier 11 to the ones in VSBW altogether then.

So I'll begin adding them then.

We still have to do something about tier 0. Aren't we going to add a "High 0" for "lole omnipotens" type characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back