• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Thing vs Batman (Rematch)

I'm sorry, but wut?

It's on his page. That's where his 4B tier comes from

With the prep he has, creating a bunch of Superman bots to wipe out the thing is very much viable.

No

They'd go around and annihilate the thing one by one, consideringntheir massive AP advantage, freezing and molecular heat vision.

I think he might have a few in the Batcave iirc. He is Batman after all. Batman also has shit stashed all over Gotham "just in case".

10 minutes

Almost instantly if he has a minor production line going, which he does have in one comic but I don'trecall if he still has it.

Honestly even assuming he doesn't have prep he can absolutely pull a tactical retreat and do stuff from there.

That almost IS his character fighting wise

Before I say anything else, SupeBots were never brought up in the last match.

Those will probably need to be restricted. If Batman can just sit back and watch while robots can just vaporize the Thing-lets then this is probably a stomp. Especially if they can also deceren things on the molecular level. I would like to know if Bats will let them destroy partially assimilated civilains though.

I mean if the civilians are only partially assimilated rather than fully than he might try and cure them.

Because they weren't there, there part of the Revisions that you said, and I quote "Why the hell does that matter"

Why would it be? Thing gets away with matches where the opponent can't beat his regen and the thing needs to just touch Batman to win

Descisive sure, stomp? Don't think so.

How in the hell was composits human meant to kill it, after it had 3 HOURS of prep no less?

Now mention the rest of the argument, not just one part.

Besides he has prior knowledge it doesn't need to find the batcave

Comp Human had a flamethrower if I recall. That's enough bypasses the Thing's regen easily.

Rest of which argument?

If Bats is sittling in the batcave chilling, then the Thing needs to get in it to assimilate him.

How a flamethrower can beat Cell based regen makes no sense at all.

It's weakness makes it weak to fire, but fire really can't kill it for good.

"It's weakness makes it weak to fire, but fire really can't kill it for good."

Yeah that's what I thought.

Technically everything can damage cells, but killing every single one simply doesn't make much sense

If that is the case though, Batman yeets a flame grenade

Given that everyone in the movies has used flamethrowers to kill it, I don't see why people are even arguing that fire can't kill it here.

The Wright Way said:
CH vs The Thing is a massive stomp that should've been removed a long time ago.
This isn't the place to talk about it but I'dlike to know why. Maybe we can redo it under fairer conditions.

Also in the movies flamethrowered things were later doused in gas and then set alight to finish the job. Flamethrower's are also effective because they cover a wide area and tend to get the whole body crispy.

Fire has never "killled" the thing. it did get rid of it for the time being, however every incarnation of it has shown some part of it surviving. Or else the film woud've ended after the first burning in the prequel.

Take note: in the film they estamated it'd take only 6 months to infect the entire planet. Its in anartica, and it only takes that amount of time to completely takeover every living organisim....yeah

Also, it doesn't just walk around in mishapen form. The thing is smart, and I'm not saying batman isn't but, who's to say how long it'll take to affect Alfred? Robin? Joker? We cannot assume Batman would have a for sure way of identifying whom is or isn't it. All of these characters know batman, Alfred knows his personnal life even. Everything natural is transfered over in the process of assimilation, that includes memories. this is basically "Batman vs all of Gotham but he cannot be touched and has to wipe everything of it's living existance away AND they're stronger

Like most matchups, Batman may have a chance or there's a possible scenario of him winning but not most of the time.

My vote is The Thing

Another thing (heheh... sorry)

It is NOT a virus or disease, it is a living organisim like you and me. It just has the ability to copy another living thing on a cellular level. In fact technically it is exactly that, a cell.

its original form is cellular and it has evolved based on what it has copied. likley starting with molecular creatures all the way to the building sized one we see at the end of the video game.

so no there is not a "cure"

You can't really say you can't cure it when Batman can create diseases that disrupt molecules. And bacteria is also a living organism.

Bacteria are still living, and they are able to get cured. Hell, antibiotics only work on things that are living, which is why they don't work on viruses. The suffix "biotic" relates to this.

Back