• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as far as I remember from reading all of the Hulk comics from the Joe Fixit Peter David run.

Think about it this way. Thing amped via double mutation was having trouble vs fixit with daytime weakness in R1. In R2 Fixit outsmarts and K.O.s him.

Mister Fixit was fighting the rocky Thing in the night if I remember correctly, and had to constantly ambush him to stand a chance. It was stated outright that he was outclassed in terms of raw power.

Fixit was told to use his smarts beforehand so he took advantage of terrain, then he stated his strength and endurance was returing during the fight while he was outspeeding and eventually KO'ed Thing with a punch. I don't think Thing was ever able to tag him in that fight and as he was using his smarts Grey Hulk never increased his power through anger.

From what I remember the Grey Hulk was outmatched when he tried to fight upfront, and it was stated outright that the rocky Thing was far more powerful. I also recall that there was also an instance of the rocky Thing matching Hercules in a fight in a crossover annual.

In addition, during the Peter David run, Joe Fixit was consistently treated as weaker than other Marvel powerhouses, which the handbooks repeatedly stated outright.

And again, this would completely mess up our scaling, and as such is not going to be accepted.

I am also getting very tired of repeating myself about this, as I am already very busy, and would personally prefer to close his thread.

You are remembering incorrectly. Thing never hit Fixit at all in R2. He was never outclassed even during the day where amped thing was visibly having trouble. Fixit is potrayed as weakest of the hulks true, but he's taken on WC avengers, Super Skrull etc... he is stronger than Thing who is potrayed below Hulk in general at base. Post the annual scans.

If you are tired you should sleep this thread is meant for base thing and we still have way more than this to discuss.

The handbooks clearly stated that the Grey Hulk is considerably weaker than the Thing when calm, and he was repeatedly portrayed as inferior to other powerhouses.

This would also completely mess up our Marvel scaling system, and as such it is definitely not going to be accepted.

I am far too busy with other tasks to continue to argue about this, and will close this thread now. Matthew can reopen it later if he wants to add something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back