• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Schroeder said:
Seeker - Him existing passively weakens his power. His planet level feat happens when his negative power has fully left his body over time killing the planet. Thing doesnt even hurt him explictly while hes weaked. Basiiks - his feat comes from the chain reaction of omega/alpha stones happening under the earths crust with raised volcanes he doesnt even have a say where they show up. His energy barley hurts spiderman several times. Lol my OP explains how the 5B feats happen with context.

Not the same as DB as there are no feats. We have numerous statements and showings of thing being weaker than grey hulk, full strength and amped...

Post them.

Legit look at the calc, even moving the Ebon Seeker reaches that result. It's KE.

Basilisk has the Alpha Stone and the Omega Stone's energy within him. He literally couldn't not scale.

Him hiting Blastaar in the same issue Blastaar has the durability feat is valid.

Umbra survived the vortex so I don't know why you said it doesn't scale to his durability.

@Matt

Seeker, the calc assumes his power is static when the comic explictly says its not. It also assumes hes a real black hole when he was later explained to be negative zone made out of a phsyical substance which was the only reason thing could touch him at all. The thing also couldnt hurt him.

Basilisks energy has been shown sub-city level everytime used that even spidey surives 4 serious direct hits. The volcano feat happens as a byprouct of him being freed from encasement.

He didnt actaully hurt Blastaar and he got BFRd the moment afterward. Also it would be an outlier anyways thing struggles with a TRex in the same comic...

The vortex warped Umbra and Jaggur into their new form which was spit out of the vortex neither of them tanked it. Also the calc assumes its a planet the size of earth when its described as a tiny planetoid in the comic.

The Thing was able to move him, and the calc is based on his weight. Also the Seeker depicts so many characteristics of a real black hole it's not even funny. Virtually every single one.

So what if Spider-man's survived his hits. Spider-Man survived hits from Firelord and beat him. Guess we should ignore his feats too?

Or the T-Rex feat is just random PIS or the inconsistency and I would consider the more direct feat in the story to be legitimate.

Yes, they did tank it. Had they not they'd be torn apart.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Cool except he was explained to be something different when researched. His pull isnt passive F4 can be around him without dying. His best feat was intentioanlly pulling up a bit of ocean floor and city block which he coudlnt maintain as he's passively loosing power. Thing doesn't hurt him while weakening why is he being scaled.

This ignoring the fact Basiliks cant physically bring up volcanes of his own free and was killed by lava and spidey obviously isnt this level.

Your not addressing that thing doesnt do anything to blastaar. Why is the bigger feat more valid than the smaller one?

If they tanked it why didnt they both come out in one piece? This also ignores the fact the calc makes incorect assumptions.

Literally the same thing about Black Holes? They aren't cosmic vacuum cleaners. Put a Black Hole with the same mass as the sun in its place and the planets won't get pulled.

Also, "best feat", you say that while ignoring him destroying planets and the calc.

You are ignoring that Basilisk has the energy that can produce that within himself, and the Spider-Man thing is an outlier for both.

He literally sends Blastaar flying with a punch, why are you ignoring this?

Cool, durability feats don't need to be 100% no-selling the attack. Is Freeza surviving the Kaioken x20 Kamehameha not a durability feat because he has minor injuries from it?

Matthew Schroeder said:
"Literally the same thing about Black Holes? They aren't cosmic vacuum cleaners. Put a Black Hole with the same mass as the sun in its place and the planets won't get pulled."

uhh yes they would...a mass of the sun would have...the pull of the sun no matter how dense it is. Anyways I'm talking the F4 standing near him arent effected. He has to exert his power which he was able to pull a city block but couldnt maintain as his energy leaving him.

"Also, "best feat", you say that while ignoring him destroying planets and the calc."
Did u read the OP tbh, feel like this going in circles.

"You are ignoring that Basilisk has the energy that can produce that within himself"

That energy was produced as the byproduct of him being freed from encasement. He demonstratably cant do anything of that level. He coudlnt take lava or his own energy attack that spidey shook off.

"He literally sends Blastaar flying with a punch, why are you ignoring this?"
Alright, calc the KE of a 520 pound man being sent flying 10 or so meters and get back to me when that's anything above Wall level. Pushing someone doesn't mean you're as strong as them. Also, he was BFRd the next second.

"Cool, durability feats don't need to be 100% no-selling the attack. Is Freeza surviving the Kaioken x20 Kamehameha not a durability feat because he has minor injuries from it?"

Yes, but what does this have to do with the feat. They were morphed into something else neither survived the event.

Matthew Schroeder said:
He should stay 5-B. He has too many feats above Tier High 6-C to ignore.

The Thing also fights characters who are new Thor level a lot. He's always going up against people above his weight class. I don't se how either Basilisk, Umbra, Blastar or Ebon Seeker are in anyway not legit.
thing is usually treated as underdog in those fights and marvel comics is inconsistent. some characters that are equal to him power-level wise basing on handbooks include iron man, who has:

Matthew Schroeder said:
You say this but Iron Man has a High 5-A Key.
in model prime armor. the scans i posted are older and different armors. model 3 and model 30.

should hulkbuster armor be 4-b because green hulk is 4-b?

Namor could be stronger than the Thing, yes. Doom as well. They both have fought people much stronger and held their own. Doom himself has some solid 4-B durability feats.

Back, not speaking for Namor, but I know base doom has a track-record of losing to thing/F4 when they fight and he was overpowered by a nerfed fixit too in cannon which he acknowledged he had to weaken to fight and has stated he wants no fight with Hulk without planning. Scaling his base to thing should be fine when we find a baseline. 4-B maybe with some sort of magical amps and prep but this is clearly inconsistent with his regular armors. Doom has never been portrayed this strong without prep which is his main strength…

Matthew Schroeder said:
Nah Doom often overpowers the F4 easily and has gone up against Avengers characters numerous times.
Show the instances you're refering too.

Doom being defeated by the Fantastic Four is a combination of his arrogance and a bit of assistance on their part from classic Marvel PIS.

There's nothing wonky about either calc. Pineapple Thing and Female Thing both defeated Grey Hulk and regular Thing is above both.

These issues with these 2 calcs are already explained in OP. True, Female Thing did beat Grey Hulk. However, Grey Hulk was nerfed and dying way before the fight even started. 'Pineapple Thing' is stronger than Thing as he is amped and still lost to Grey Hulk

I responded to the supposed issues with all the calculations. I really never heard of Pineapple Thing being stronger than "current" Thing, and you are also ignoring all of his feats which scale to higher characters.

Which I have responded to... 'Pineapple Thing' is a double mutation and amps his strength and speed from base aka the form where all these supposed feats take place in. What feats?

The fact that he's fought Green Hulk 6 times? As well as other higher-tiered characters? So saying that even amped he is weaker than Grey Hulk seems disingenous.

I'm pretty sure there's more feats on that nature.

It might be best to make Green Hulk's profile strength variable since it would facilitate scaling.

Then post those green Hulk scans, I already asked for them way back in the thread but you ignored it. Disingenous? He was stated to be amped and he was shown to lose.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
I can't speak for the other scans, but that second one is Black Adam vs. Frankenstein, it even says so in the link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back