• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Thing aboard the Death Star

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
The commander gave a tired yawn as the radio crackled to life. He hated working night shift on the radio. "Research vessel 'Rebellion' this is the Death Star. We've received your transmission. Is the expedition to Hoth complete?"

"Yes, sir. We've found a strange alien life form frozen in the ice sir. There's nothing like it in the imperial records. We're bringing it in for study."

"Copy that. You have permission to land. Hanger bay 7 is open."

"One more request, sir."

"Go ahead."

"One of our men, Bryers, managed to cut himself on a small, unfrozen part of the specimen. He's been acting strange ever sense. We request he be sent to the medbay immediately for a proper check-up."

"Consider it granted. We'll have an appointment ready as soon as you land."

~Five minutes later~

"Grand Moff Tarkin! We're receiving an emergency transmission from medbay 17!"

"Patch them through, admiral. What do you want?"

"Grand Moff, this is Doctor Macready. You need to seal off all hanger bays immediately!"

"What in the world are you on about?"

"That lifeform isn't dead. The patient I received wasn't human, it was a copy of one. That.... Thing can assimilate and copy other life forms. The one disguised as Bryers escaped, it can't be allowed to leave this station. Tell the men to burn the supposed corpse as well."

"Understood. We'll burn every man aboard this station if we have to."

~

Only two things are on board. The assimilated Bryers and the "corpse". Darth Vader is not on board. Tarkin puts the station on high alert as soon as the last conversation ends.

Blair-Thing - Profile-0-1-
vs.
Death Star I Render

No. I don't recall him ever being on the Death Star 1. If he was, this wouldn't be a contest, as mind reading kinda trumps The Thing.

The Thing end up inheriting their bad aim via assimilation. Que the two never hitting each other ever ovo.

This sorta depends on how quickly the crew can be informed about the Thing's nature and how much they know. Skin to skin contact is a death sentence and most blasters don't seem like the best weapon for killing it.

Large portions of the body, take grievous for example when shot with a blaster his organic components were incinerated and what was left of his organic body burst into flames immediately

Stormtroopers being fully armored will greatly slow down The Thing's progress, but they aren't exactly super smart, either.

I kinda see The Thing creating a massive amount of individual, separate Things before people figure out what The Thing does. And how would they be able to kill every single Thing?

The Stormtroopers being dumb/ineffective even when on high alert (random mercenaries and princesses could sneak around The Death Star all the damn time; a shapeshifting infecting alien would have a field day) will certainly screw The Death Star's chances. They could barely take on 4 people, much less dozens hidden amongst their ranks.

Moritzva said:
Stormtroopers being fully armored will greatly slow down The Thing's progress.
I will agree with this, plus the blaster's expanded burning effect are the Thing's biggest hinderances. IIRC though most of the crew isn't that heavily armored. I'll reask my previous question

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
This sorta depends on how quickly the crew can be informed about the Thing's nature and how much they know.

...Eh, shows what I know about Starwars.

NVM then, lol

Also, if The Thing wins this, it's gonna get to drive the Death Star around. That's not gonna be good for anyone.

Alex consumes everyone and goes on a happy go lucky romp with his new deathstar :p

Hmmm...Honestly this is a tough situation how is inter communication on the deathstar handled? How solid are their ranks? What would it take to throw the ship into high alert? How good are their security systems?

So the troops are on guard that doesn't tell me how good there ranks are, how strong their communications are set up nor what kind of checkpoints they are liable to create to deal with this.

Im more looking for their doctrine though being high alert helps quite a bit, I wonder what their takes will be for patrols. The thing seems like it has the advantage, I can't think of anything they have that will let the troopers discover a thing if it manages to consume a few storm troopers stealthily.

Honestly for the moment Im voting the thing, the crew doesn't have an efficient manner to sniff the thing out if it can get control of a trooper.

While there are definite scenarios where the storm troopers get lucky and blast the thing out of existence before it's had a chance to spread. The problem is I see a lot more situations where the thing stealth's its way into the ranks and crew.

After which finding it isn't realistically feasible before its overtaken a large amount of the crew and troopers.

so they burn every man aboard the station ez win gg no re

Edwardtruong2006 said:

so they burn every man aboard the station ez win gg no re
Is that a joke? I can't tell.

Well if it's not here's a serious response :p

But do they manage that before the thing has overtaken the vast majority of them? They don't know who they can trust, if the thing gets into a storm trooper they are incredibly comprimised and have no means of sniffing it out.

They have to start mass killing their ranks before the things spread to far if they don't there attempts are worthless as they find themselves being absorbed. All of thats ignoring the things win con of hiding during the mass sucide of the troopers and taking over the ship after they die....

Back