• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really confused i might be missing something but as i see it right now, we're literally comparing one all-powerful being to another all-powerful being.

If i remember correctly all-powerful beings cannot be defeated by anyway, it's like trying to decide who would be stronger when they both possess the ability to get as strong as they need... it's a meaningless fight.

Yet, i probably missing something important.

Please explain this to me because it really confused.

I still don't get it, the point of being all-powerful is to have absolute authority over everything it's doesn't necessarily means that those beings have authority over every other creation but they all possess the same power an unlimited one as they are pretty much a tool of the writer himself who wanted to leave an explanation on how all this beings and universes are created and he didn't want to say like "look i the creator because i wrote it" he wanted to make a superior being who would be a tool for him. (i have an idea in my head but i still not sure if it's dumb or logical so i'll keep thinking about it for now.)

I mean we can look at that in the perspective that all-powerful have authority only over his creation but then beings like Oblivion are beyond this beings reach, yet if that was the case we won't really consider TOAA as a superior being to Oblivio (I took oblivion as an example for being without any connection to the creation itself in any way).

If we saying that an "All-powerful" being is only "all-powerful" over his creation than we kind of a getting into a logical difficulty because then a guy that is only rated as 2-C is all-powerful in relation to a regular human as TOAA all-powerful only in relation to his creation but out of that he's useless or not as strong as other "all-powerful" beings are.

We do not rate characters by empty claims of unprovable omnipotence, but by how high their power levels are defined. Otherwise we would even have to rate quite a lot of tier 2 characters as tier 0.

Antvasima said:
We do not rate characters by empty claims of unprovable omnipotence, but by how high their power levels are defined. Otherwise we would even have to rate quite a lot of tier 2 characters as tier 0.
Is that answer to me?

because if it does i don't know what are you talking about.

It was an answer to your mention that we should rate every supposedly "all-powerful" character the same way, yes.

Regardless, I don't have the time to continue arguing about this. Perhaps we should close this thread.

The real cal howard said:
There's no such thing as the strongest. While some have more proof than others, the entire point of tier 0 is that there is no strongest.
This

No reliable way to gauge them, yes, but some seem to stand above greater hierarchies than others. I am definitely not the best person to evaluate them though.

Should we close this?

oh.... i think i missed the last change of tier 0 to high outversal... If I'm not mistaking the definition of tier 0 before it was omnipotent right?

I guess we can close it, but before that, you said that:

"It depends on how impressive hierarchies of power that they have absolute authority over."

So what you trying to say is that if x has authority over more beings or stronger ones than y has it makes him stronger?

or i got it wrong?

I mean that at minimum a tier 0 characters has to transcend a baseline tier 1-A character like it transcends ordinary humans, but a few of them go unfathomably beyond that with even greater hierarchies of transcendence beneath them.

@Cal

I am not so certain that this is true, but again, DarkLK is the main expert regarding this topic, not me.

Ok, so can there be more than 1 tier 0 being in 1 verse?

By the definition of a being who's tier 0 is "characters will usually stand hierarchically above everything, including existence and nonexistence, possibility, causality, dualism, the concepts of life and death, etcetera."

it's saying stand hierarchically above everything, so does it means there can be only 1 boundless being in each verse or there is a possibility that 2 boundless beings can exist in 1 verse?

The real cal howard said:
There's no such thing as the strongest. While some have more proof than others, the entire point of tier 0 is that there is no strongest.
Maybe if you click on what I sent through your opinion will change

It's either Azathoth or The Creator. Although personally, I prefer the Mythos to Umineko. So if I were to argue for something like this I could construct arguments as to why Azathoth is above The Creator. If I told anyone the scaling chain they'd probably think I was joking because of how absurb it really is.

Back on to the serious topic. I need a question answered and I think this the appropriate time to ask. Since Umineko has two tier 0s, does that mean Featherine is on the same level as the creator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back