• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Stanley Parable: Narrator Upgrade

Eh, i stand corrected then, pretty sure it doesn't change the fact that he created stuff like a Landscape with mountains specifically for the Freedom Ending, as there's nothing but blank space outside of the building before that point

Well if it took him time to create some buildings, then it would probably take him considerably more time to create all of the terrain.

Still, he should have been able to create the reality the game resides in, which should be around High 6-C in size.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Arguments from incredulity or lack of understanding mean nothing. I explained it in the post; we can use airburst radius formula to calc creating entire pocket realities of particular sizes. The clouds are the bare minimum of it.

We don't know it stops at the clouds. Doesn't mean that the feat is automatically invalid; that's why "At least" is a thing for character rankings.

You're being way too skeptical about this feat. If he created the reality, then he created the reality. And if he controls the story, then he controls the story.
I am talking about 1 teraton being Continent level. The what comes from that.

I also don't think the mountains are actually mountain sized, but are instead large hills, as singular trees on top of each of them are perfectly distinguishable and visible.

Screenshot 2017-10-02 at 8.52.05 AM

Also, and my bad if I'm high-balling it to ridicoulos extremes, looking a a world as mere fiction is tier 2, correct?

Character's in a video game are 2-D objects, mere fiction too us.

@Arbitrary

And yet, he suddently creates a fully functional city in the Insanity Ending, and he creates a landscape out of blank space in the Freedom Ending

@Arda

Yes... but they still say the whole game is his "story"

EDIT: Ninja'ed........

@Ultima

I think creating the background in the freedom ending is a lot more rasonable then the implied city in the insanity ending.

Why? It is pretty clear that this was a functional city with NPCs living their own lives in it

I think it might be better to put him at Unknown, now that I think about it. Unless we can guage his AP based on the size of the game alone, which as I've suggested above, would be High 6-C based on the height of the clouds.

It would be simpler to create a small backdrop then a full blown city.

Additionally, if we take the "implied" city then why not the implied planet.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
I think it might be better to put him at Unknown, now that I think about it. Unless we can guage his AP based on the size of the game alone, which as I've suggested above, would be High 6-C based on the height of the clouds.
I agree.

@Arda

Because we actually see a tiny portion of a city, and it is shown it has NPCs living their lives in it (Unless you want to say only a single woman lives in the city), while the implied Planet was just mentioned a single time and never bought up again

Ultima Reality said:
@Arda
Because we actually see a tiny portion of a city, and it is shown it has NPCs living their lives in it (Unless you want to say only a single woman lives in the city), while the implied Planet was just mentioned a single time and never bought up agai
I was pointing out that, if we are accepting a city because of a small glance, then shouldn't the mountains tip us off that theres a planet?

Is there really a mention of a planet? I must have forgotten.

We go by what we can see. Mountains and buildings imply that at the bare minimum it contains a large landscape. We don't just randomly assume there's a planet based on nothing.

Although like I said earlier, I don't think the mountains are mountain sized.

@Arda

Well, yes, but we don't even know if it actually exists, while the city actually... well, exists, and it has humans living their lives it

Well, the narrator probably took all the short-cuts h could when making the game.

Also, as I said before, "and my bad if I'm high-balling it to ridicoulos extremes, looking a a world as mere fiction is tier 2, correct?"

"Character's in a video game are 2-D objects, mere fiction too us."

What's your opinion on this?

Because i was going to write another

Anyways, i.... don't know about this, he sees the story as fiction and all but... i dunno if he should get Tier 2 for... that

Couldn't he get " Possibly Far Higher " and quote what he said about seeing them as mere fiction ? Other than that, i am perfectly fine with what you guys agree with .

Kinda seems like a big leap of faith to me. Yes, it implies that people live their lives there, but I don't think there's enough given to assume an entire 7-B sized civilization; we barely see anything, and there's hardly anything mentioned outside of the lady and Stanley.

I suggest the cloud thing. If not that, then perhaps 8-A because that should be the size of the complex of buildings at bare minimum?

I was just wonderingabout tier 2.

If the cloud thing gets accepted would it be something like this:

At least High 6-C to 6-A, likely far higher.

Or something else?

Okay, so it appears that I may have been wrong with my cloud thing.

Clouds are 200 to 4000 METERS above the ground, not kilometers.

Using 0.2 kilometers in the airburst radius formula will get you 364 tons of TNT, which is Multi-City Block level.

Using 4 kilometers gets you 2.9 megatons of TNT, which is Small City level.

Well since the game's size was calced at 8-B / Low 7-B i guess The Narrator can be downgraded...?

Back