• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Son of Dracula tries another Dark Lord

We both know Julius was the one doing the work there, the others were just to support him

Personally I see Darc!Soma as stronger as he manages to keep a hold of himself and was the one that fought back chaos, Dark Lord Soma is the one that falls to those powers becoming a servant of chaos and since we are talking about non canon endings Julius is the one tasked to defeat and kill Soma should he fail against Chaos, moreover he fought against Drac!Soma and he was holding back while Soma was actually serius but I might be wrong there.

In short, what I said is that Drac!Soma is stronger than his Dark Lord Self and that Julius is the strongest character so far in the series

He did? Nah m8, that is one hell of an outlier, almost as big as Nero hurting Urizen.

But really, he did? I don't remember

Tony di bugalu said:
He did? Nah m8, that is one hell of an outlier, almost as big as Nero hurting Urizen.
But really, he did? I don't remember
Yeah, he specifically had to be fused with Aguni to do it tho

Is it? Dario was considered to be a candidate for the dracula and would have become him had he killed Soma, which it was made pretty clear he was capable of. Obviously it doens't apply to base Dimitri, but it should be fine for this specific buffed version. Mind you, late-game soma beat him by going into the mirorr and fighting Aguni himself, but he's capable of beating Dario on his own (if you want a bad ending).

Considering Julius standing on the scaling chain and his previous feats it definitely is.

Being considered a candidate for dark lord isn't much when in Aria you have the priest guy who was also one yet he couldn't defeat a mid-late game Soma despite having gained those powers (which btw should be a key for base Soma).

>Mind you, late-game soma beat him by going into the mirorr and fighting Aguni himself, but he's capable of beating Dario on his own (if you want a bad ending).

Ehh, DoS Soma is weaker than his AoS self tho so this doesn't really tells me much, specially when the Canon ending has Soma losing some of the powers he had due to Dimitri stealing them to become menace or some sort of failed Dark Lord

Guys, even if that guy defeated Julius, which isn't the case (Julius was tired but not defeated) there MANY other things that can help in a match besides AP, that event doesn't mean Julius is behind that guy on the scalling

Slogra + Gaibon (CoD) <<< Death (CoD) <<< Dracula (CoD) < Trevor = Sypha = Grant < Slogra + Gaibon (Castlevania) <<< Death (Castlevania) <<< Dracula (Castlevania) < Simon (Castlevania) =< Juste < Death (Rondo of Blood) <<< Dracula (Rondo of Blood) < Richter Belmont < Maria's Magic (Rondo of Blood) =< Maria (SotN) =< Richter (SotN) <<< Dracula/Galamoth (SotN) < Alucard (SotN) <? Shanoa < Death + Dracula (Portrait of Ruin) < Jonathan + Charlotte (Portrait of Ruin) <<< Julius (1999) = Alucard (1999) <<<<<<< Chaos < Soma Cruz (Aria of Sorrow) <<<< Dark Lord Soma

Is this better

more specifically how does it compare to devil may cry, i want to do Soma vs Dante without it being an AP stomp

Why Death gets stronger ?

Juste's feats are only against a very weakened Dracula, I don't think we can scale him above Trevor, Sypha and stuff

Juste was stated to be extra-powerful due to having the blood of the top two vampire families i believe, and even dracula's wraith maintained two castles rather than just one

Possibly, but i find it very strange that both instances of it were performed by weaker characters (Dracula's Wraith and Shaft respectively). It wouldn't really affect the chain a lot, but it would be wierd for Juste to be weaker than Simon given his FAR superior magical knowledge. He did fight Death in a transformed state, wherease Simon only fought base death, ahd his sub-weapons and magical knowledge hint at him being at least somewhat more powerful.

Again, I don't think it's a big jump, but I do think he's comparable or superior to Simon by some degree.

I like that chain more but you forgot Drac from 1999 and actual Julius.

Also, I dare say Dark Lord Soma is below Chaos since he got overwhelmed by those powers and succumbed to it meaning he is just some sort of avatar for chaos (as every incarnation of Drac and dark lords) but Soma with Dracula powers and with control is stronger since that's the one that fought and defeated chaos plus purged all those powers out of his body

ZephyrosOmega said:
more specifically how does it compare to devil may cry, i want to do Soma vs Dante without it being an AP stomp
DMC is full of one shots/stomps and the absolute God tiers have a full scaling chain that grows in a whole month so I guess they are equals

Man i wish the sorrow duology wasn't so wierd

To answer those bits, we're not sure exactly what went down with the 1999 fight or how strong julius got in the gap as he lost most of his memories. How's this:

Slogra + Gaibon (CoD) <<< Death (CoD) <<< Dracula (CoD) < Trevor = Sypha = Grant < Slogra + Gaibon (Castlevania) <<< Death (Castlevania) <<< Dracula (Castlevania) < Simon (Castlevania) =< Juste < Death (Rondo of Blood) <<< Dracula (Rondo of Blood) < Richter Belmont < Maria's Magic (Rondo of Blood) =< Maria (SotN) =< Richter (SotN) <<< Dracula/Galamoth (SotN) < Alucard (SotN) <? Shanoa < Death + Dracula (Portrait of Ruin) < Jonathan + Charlotte (Portrait of Ruin) <<< Dracula (1999) < Julius (1999) = Alucard (1999) < Alucard (AoS) =< Julius (AoS) =< Soma Cruz (Base) <<< Julius (DoS) = Alucard (DoS) < Soma Cruz (Dark Lord) <<<<<<< Chaos < Soma Cruz (Full Power)

if they're equal then i'm making the soma vs dante thread as soon as we get this figured out

Baseline <(Unquantifiably) Argosax << Argosax Despair Embodied = Mundus <<< Void Mundus <<< DMC2 Dante << DMC4 Dante <= DMC5 Dante (Early Game) <<<<< Urizen Pre-Fruit <<< Urizen Post-Fruit <<< Vergil = DMC5 Dante (Endgame)

Looks about the same to me. Quantity on CV's side vs Quality on DMC's side.

Yeah the difference is that DMC has one shots in their scalling

Devil Trigger makes Dante capable of one shoting someone comparable to his base power, and Urizen one shoted DT Dante into a 1 month coma, then base Dante becomes capable of fighting him, and then he can go DT

I'm gonna try and get Soma a third key. After that, we can make a match.

As far as this one goes, I think Alucard takes this pretty decisively. Void mundus could work better but I don't think Al can bypass NEP

ZephyrosOmega said:
Baseline <(Unquantifiably) Argosax << Argosax Despair Embodied = Mundus <<< Void Mundus <<< DMC2 Dante << DMC4 Dante <= DMC5 Dante (Early Game) <<<<< Urizen Pre-Fruit <<< Urizen Post-Fruit <<< Vergil = DMC5 Dante (Endgame)
There is also the Three Amp that both Dante and Urizen got. Considering that 1-2 days was enough to Amp Urizen up to DMC5 Dante levels and above, just imagine the whole month both used to get juice

ZephyrosOmega said:
Man i wish the sorrow duology wasn't so wierd

To answer those bits, we're not sure exactly what went down with the 1999 fight or how strong julius got in the gap as he lost most of his memories. How's this:

Slogra + Gaibon (CoD) <<< Death (CoD) <<< Dracula (CoD) < Trevor = Sypha = Grant < Slogra + Gaibon (Castlevania) <<< Death (Castlevania) <<< Dracula (Castlevania) < Simon (Castlevania) =< Juste < Death (Rondo of Blood) <<< Dracula (Rondo of Blood) < Richter Belmont < Maria's Magic (Rondo of Blood) =< Maria (SotN) =< Richter (SotN) <<< Dracula/Galamoth (SotN) < Alucard (SotN) <? Shanoa < Death + Dracula (Portrait of Ruin) < Jonathan + Charlotte (Portrait of Ruin) <<< Dracula (1999) < Julius (1999) = Alucard (1999) < Alucard (AoS) =< Julius (AoS) =< Soma Cruz (Base) <<< Julius (DoS) = Alucard (DoS) < Soma Cruz (Dark Lord) <<<<<<< Chaos < Soma Cruz (Full Power)
Not gonna lie, I like this one better.

I also agree we need a third key for Soma

on the scale: 1-Dante obtained an applicator after his fight against void mundus (he stole his energy but the Beastheads debuted his power and something extra since Dante states that he felt a giant power compared to what he had in his fight against void mundus and then is trampled by Beastheads-Chen who was surpassed by Dante at the end of Dmc2 game)

2-I want to say that urizen was empowering for a month (two days he was able to shoot DT Dante so imagine the bestial increase of a month).

the only thing I will argue and if I believe that void mundus would be more fair but Nep damages everything

Back