• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Shrike V.S. Wolfgang Schreiber

EliminatorVenom

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
A strange machine appears on Dies Iraeverse, and it starts to foil Reinhard's plans by interrupting the attacks of his fellow soldiers, and seeing how goddamn fast that thing was, he sent Schreiber to deal with the machine.

Shrike 3
The Shrike

Wolfgang.Schreiber.full.259958
Wolfgang Schreiber

The Shrike

V.S.

Wolfgang Schreiber

This fight will take place on Berlin, after Schreiber blown it up.

RULES:

1. They are in-character, but completely willing to kill.

2. Three rounds:

- I: Speed unequalized.

- II: Speed equalized.

- III: Speed unequalized, but Schreiber starts with Nilfheimr Fenriswolf activated.

Otherwise, standard battle assumptions apply.

Isn't this a stomp? Looking from both profiles, I think Shike has this all three rounds. As much I love Dies Irae, no character from fiction is invincible. Unless Wolfgang can cross through parrelel realms with NFenriswolf, Shike would simply beat Wolfgang with speed alone.

Deus Ex Machina has the ability to kill the Shrike (punches that erase beings from history) but not the speed to tag Shrike.

Wolfgang Schreiber has the ability to blitz Shrike, but not the ability to kill it.

So lol.

wait what kind of immortality does the shrike have? and Wolfgang probably can go infinite speed + 1 because it's still 3D speed but idk about this match first shrike can maybe be 3-B via MUI and idk if shrike has a soul even

@Himiko

Speed isn't even a factor on the second round, and the third round allows Wolfgang to start with Fenriswolf activated. Shrike can only achieve infinite speed through it's time manipulation abilities.

@ToAru

Then inconclusive?

@Redgrave

I'm still reading Hyperion, but from what I've seen, immortality to age and disease, but it can also summon duplicates to take his place should he die, possibly ad infinitum, kind of like Elder God Demonbane with Athleta Aeternum.

And considering that the Shrike frequently only has the necessary power to beat his foes (Otherwise Multi-Galaxy Fedhman would issue, and that is a legit wank), then I think that their stats would be fairly equal.

Round 1 - Shrike will probably end up BFRing Wolfgang.

Round 2 - Once Wolfgang gets Niflheimr Fenriswolf up, it's all over for the Shrike, who won't be able to touch the LDO Commander, much less hurt him. In addition, Wolfgang's Mausers have infinite ammo, a fire rate comparable to modern automatic weapons, and shred the target's soul on impact.

Round 3 - See above.

That said, The Shrike's ratings say it's able to bypass the concepts of space and time. Wouldn't that give it Immeasurable speed?

@Reppuzan

Wouldn't Shrike be able to stop his movement on R2 via time manipulation, like, by time-stopping? I reckon he already did that before.

I doubt Shrike has a soul, though, being a feeling-less machine and all.

Well, if the statement's true, then it should, indeed, but on the other side, that severely contradicts other feats, such as when it fought Fedhman. Fedhman should be horribly blitzed if that were true.

Well, I don't really know much of anything about The Shrike, so I forgot it was a machine and I don't know what degree of Time Manipulation it has.

In that case, Schreiber doesn't really have the ability to put The Shrike down and this is, in essence, extremely one-sided. Not exactly a stomp, but since Schreiber can't put his opponent down in any way...

Reppuzan said:
I guessed Wolfgang could - somehow - destroy the Shrike before it could stop time. I mean, with Fenriswolf, he could well speedblitz Shrike before he could timestop. That's the reason it looked like a interesting match on my head. Also, Shrike isn't immune to being simply beaten, since that's exactly what Fedhman did to it.

But what kind of durability does it have?

It says unknown and immune to conventional weapons on his profile.

Schrieber's Mausers are anything but conventional, but considering the fact that they're still guns...

Round 2 - Not really sure.

Round 1 - afaik, Schreiber's speed without Briah isn't at The Shrike's level. But, from what i've read in The Flash vs Schreiber discussion, his chanting makes some kind of space distortion so he wouldn't get interupted ? I think Shrike will win this. Im not really sure though

Round 3 - I think Schreiber will blitz The Shrike if it doesnt do time stop from the get go. Which makes me wondering since i never read Hyperion books. The Shrike's time manipulation is time stop or slow down time to extreme degree ?

Edit : O wait. I misread the OP.

i dont see even in Briah (and the true Briah) Wolf can tag an a being who is One by de concept of Time-space and can Bypass that concept or Kill it whit out kill de concept of space-time itself... meanwhile The Shrike can Kill izi Wolf LOL

@Extreme

I'm not really quite sure what you're trying to get at, but Schrieber's ability gives him the Shrike's speed +1 so...

What's this about destroying space-time?

Shrike has infinite speed, right? If so, infinite + 1? Yeah...no. That amount of NLF that makes Misogi and Yukari blush

Technically, you can have infinity +1, it's just more infinity, since infinity is a concept rather than a number.

If one were to see infinity as a never ending strech of numbers, then Schreiber is simply one number ahead.

Granted, I'm not a math person, so take this with a grain of salt.

@Rep. I kinda am in a major that involves a lot of mathematics, and coincidentally, this unit has a lot to do with limits. And I can safely say that there is a point where there is an asymptote, and you can't put any more onto it.

Alright then. I concede on that.

Nevertheless, it has worked on characters that surpass the concepts of speed time and distance once he's on the same dimensional plane, so it's not as farfetched as you might think.

Reppuzan said:
Alright then. I concede on that.
Nevertheless, it has worked on characters that surpass the concepts of speed time and distance once he's on the same dimensional plane, so it's not as farfetched as you might think.
Bit of a difference between this form and his 1-A form though. Also, the only way you can be faster than Schreiber is to stop time. Anything else and you will not be able to keep up with him.

Shrike can go immeasurable via traveling through time backwards, making your past his future or something like that.

Anything else than Briah and Schreiber gets sliced and diced. Unless Shrike goes for time travel stuff.

Reppuzan said:
Round 1 - Shrike will probably end up BFRing Wolfgang.
Round 2 - Once Wolfgang gets Niflheimr Fenriswolf up, it's all over for the Shrike, who won't be able to touch the LDO Commander, much less hurt him. In addition, Wolfgang's Mausers have infinite ammo, a fire rate comparable to modern automatic weapons, and shred the target's soul on impact.

Round 3 - See above.

That said, The Shrike's ratings say it's able to bypass the concepts of space and time. Wouldn't that give it Immeasurable speed?
this but with round 2 and 3 i think only time traveling can save shrike but Wolfgang goes for the kill so I would go with that

Back