• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Seven Great Digimon Discussion Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
>Best digimon ever Omnimon.

For the record, he was my favourite long before joining vsbattles.

Top Strongest 2C Lucemon
Ha ha ha

@Executor I loved that line! Nokia is so genre savvy.

@Cal. Mirei is overrated. Boring, flat character with no real character development. Spoilers below.

Spoil spoil
Nokia arguably goes through the most character development. She starts off as a pretty bratty, obnoxious girl but obviously is a good person underneath it all. As the game goes on, she becomes a lot stronger as a character, she starts to stand up for what she believes is right and starts her own hacking team in order to fight against the "Evil Hackers" who use Digimon as tools and nothing more, while her team values Digimon as digital companions, digital friends.
...And surprisingly, her plan mostly works. Although not as experienced as Takumi or Arata, Nokia is actually quite competent in her own right and her hacking team does a lot of good. I mean, the fact that she has both WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon doesn't hurt. Her team is quite competent in general, and has some real talent. She's arguably the second most altruistic member of the main group (next to Takumi who goes out of his way to help everyone) and by the end game, one of the best assets in the final battles, arguably surpassing Yuuko and Arata.

Arata is basically your edgy rival but done in a really refreshing way. He's like the angry geek you sometimes see on message boards or YT comments. He's pretty broody, but he's a huge comic junky and fanboys over the prospect of getting a rare comic book and wins a quiz filled with (what you're lead to believe is) inane trivia. He also has a dry sense of humor and likes to play jokes on his friends and can be easy going in more laid back situations. Regardless, he's the edgy rival for a reason. Arata eventually finds himself becoming by far the weakest member of the main group, falling behind Nokia, which leads him to eventually succumbing to the seduction of power, becoming an Eater in the process. Takumi saves him...by beating the shit out of him (twice).

What I loved about the writing in CS was it could jump across several story threads and it didn't seem disjointed or hard to follow. Sure, the waifu factory plotline, the maid harrasment stuff and the occult club stories didn't really mean much in the end and could've been removed, but they added so much personality and character to the game. Made the world fill alive and it was awesome to see how Digimon were affecting the world in all aspects and how people reacted to it.

The only thing that no one likes of CS is when you have to fight a Flamedramon. OvO

Seriously those guys are a pain to deal with. Spent more healing against a single one than against every boss so far (i'm not that far in the game tho so there is that)

That's one thing I loved about Takumi. He was kind, selfless, generous and heroic, but he was not someone you wanted to cross. Arata and those nerds learned that the hard way. He had so much personality for being a (mostly) mute character.

@Kal. Theirs two Flamedramon bosses. The second one is a push over but it's optional.

@Dark

Including or excluding the arcade machine one?

If so, I think that I defeated both (the other is in Kowloon lv.3 iirc)

I gotta ask, is there anything like that in Digimon World DS? It kinda seems like I'm alone in the world in that game, and my Digimon don't even seem to have a relation with me.

Kaltias said:
@Dark

If so, I think that I defeated both (the other is in Kowloon lv.3 iirc)
You fool.

Grinding that arcade machine is the best way to get EXP in the game if you use the right set up. Hundreds of thousands of EXP a pop makes grinding to 99 take an hour or two at most.

@Cal Don't expect much from DS honestly.

@Everyone I just love how self aware CS is.

Btw does something particular happen if you play the part right during the quest of the Minervamon pretending to be a girl? I screwed up the last question (forgot that the guy is supposed to be shy)

That Minervamon quest really tugged at my heart strings.

I wish I had an internet girlfriend who was an Olympian God who transcends space and time...

Darkanine said:
That Minervamon quest really tugged at my heart strings.

I wish I had an internet girlfriend who was an Olympian God who transcends space and time...
Aside from the internet part and the spatio-temporal transcendence part, my OC has that down...kinda ovo. Does being a descendant of one count?

I find the quest of realistic dolls very bizarre. Seriously, it was quite cruel what was occurring (both with the souls of the people and the people who were placed in the EDEN for all life). When I first saw this I swore it was a horror story about Deep Web OvO

Is it just me who started thinking about the EDEN servers as if they were universes because of Vallhala Server? I mean ... Look at all this background full of stars OvO

I guess that certain pic of the artbook and certain mission in HakaMemo pretty much confirms that.

One thing I was left doubting. Omegamon made theories about why Kishibe was helping the Royal Knights, before knowing that it was LordKnightmon in Kishibe's body, and one of those theories is that she is suffering mental control of the Royal Knights. Now the question, aside from Alphamon (Clearly, Omegamon would not think that Alphamon was the cause of this) who other Royal Knight would have mental manipulation?

Good question. Considering who all were against the plan, other than Crusadermon, I'd say Duftmon likely. Dynasmon, Sleipmon nor Craniamon seem like the Mind Controlling type.

Can I ask? Am I the only one who thought Takumi and Nokia were brother and sister when I first saw them?

Now let's see things that are missing in the Metal Fantomon profile.

• Sleep Manipulation and Dream Manipulation: I do not know how that is not in his profile being basically his only feats coming from anime OvO. See here the speech of Gottsumo = "MetalFantomon puts to sleep all of the intruders that his minions, the Dokugumon, offer him, showing them a nightmare of bottomless despair as he sucks away yhe vitality of their hearts".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back