• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Sentry's statistics?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
When doing the revision for all of the Marvel character speed levels, I noticed that The Sentry's profile is of very bad quality.

I wonder if anybody else has some input regarding how we should revise it?

Scaling from Red She-Hulk, as is the usual case for characters with the Tier 7 strength handbook ranking, seems inappropriate, as he has been repeatedly stated to possess the power of a million exploding suns, has outmatched Thor, provided half the force that supported the Celestial Exitar, who was much larger than the Earth, defeated Terrax like nothing, and so onwards.

I am not so certain that he is truly of different power levels in his different forms, and think that a million exploding stars likely scales as Solar System level.

Yes, but that is just an old user opinion. It does not necessarily mean anything. I think that the "million exploding suns" statement tended to be treated seriously in-story at times, but may not remember correctly.

Well, he certainly has the feats to support it but I don't recall them being at their current levels in the story.

Hm. Power of a million Suns sounds more akin to multi-Solar System level. Featwise he has destroyed several planets in the microverse.

Nah. A million times Star level is just Solar System level going by our energy scale.

Yes, you're right. Extraordinary. I guess we just need to figure out whether or not he gets stronger depending on which personality is in control? If the answer is no we'll likely have to remove the keys. If the answer is yes, we'll have to figure out how much stronger.

I think that his powers simply differ in type depending on form, not extent.

So just "Presumably 4-B" or "4-B", I guess?

It's for all Sentry forms, given that there's uncertainty about whether or not the other forms are power boosts.

Ah that makes sense.

I think presumably 4-B works. But of course, new things can arise later on so who knows....

I don't think this can scale to his striking strength and Durability, but alternatively we can upgrade the hulk to 4-B at his strongest for matching the Sentry in a storyline where he was stated to have this kind of power. I think ths would allow us to have a full repertoire of statistics allowing durability and striking strength to be scaled appropriately. Alternatively, we can make him (them? XD) a glass canon.

Either way is fine with me.

The problem is that the Sentry was not written at full power within World War Hulk, given that the same writer later had the Hulk not holding back calculated at Dwarf Star level together with Red She-Hulk

I'm good with scaling him to "Unknown, Atleast (or Possibly) Thor level", which is Solar System level iirc. He's the posterboy of inconsistent but he is atleast typically depicted as a flying brick roughly on par with Thor.

Hm, that's right. They both are in the same tier. I suppose since they've consistently battled with each other Sentry's striking strength and Durability can be scaled. I don't understand the placement of the unknown however.

The problem is that Thor is currently ranked from his peak feat (other than the outlier of preventing the destruction of 1/5th of the universe), not from his regular level, so scaling the Sentry from him is unreliable, even though he outmatched Thor in Uncanny Avengers.

Maybe we could simply use the repeated millions of exploding suns statement, combined with halting Exitar, and his power being visible to the outside from the Microverse?

We could write "Probably Solar System level at his peak", similarly with what we do for Thor.

Probably 4-B works for me. If scaling him from Thor doesn't work, then 4-B will have to do.

Tho does this mean we have to take out the keys then?

I think "At least Star level (for outmatching Thor and Terrax) ,possibly Solar System level" should be fine.

I would still prefer "Probably Solar System level at his peak" given that his entire deal is that he has the power of a million exploding suns, and that his power output could be seen from regular space when at subatomic size.

How does "Probably Solar System level (repeatedly stated to have the power of a million exploding suns; has overpowered Thor on more than one occasion)" sound?

But wasn't there a What If for Secret Invasion where Thor snapped Sentry's neck?

"What Ifs" do not count.

Anyway, maybe:

"Probably Solar System level at his peak (Repeatedly stated to have the power of a million exploding suns. His power output could be seen when at subatomic size. He provided half the force that halted the Celestial Exitar who was much larger than the Earth, has outmatched Thor and Terrax, and was claimed to have stalemated Galactus)"

Ehm, I don't think we can trust that statement there (Spidey's statement, right?) since Galactus' power varies vastly. And I don't think stopping a being bigger than Earth accounts to SS level

Well, it was a Celestial, and is worth mentioning, but yes Galactus varies ridiculously much in power, so we should probably skip that part.

May I ask who did he share halting Exitar with? It got me curious.

Also, maybe remove the Galactus statement since Galactus is as inconsistent as he is, though that one is due to hunger.

I didn't read the series, but I think when Exitar came to destroy Earth, Sentry stopped one leg, Rogue the other and Thor managed to crack Exitar's armor with his axe

Pretty much, although all of it was so Kang could take the Celestial's power for himself if I remember correctly.

Anyway, should I update the Sentry's statistics now?

Back