• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Sentry: "You are tearing me apart!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confluctor

VS Battles
Retired
Pretty simple Sentry CRT for now, just so I can get this out of the way for some other major updates to his file.

Anyway, his file just has one key right now and it's kind of wrong (but also not). I have been thinking a lot about his eyes, and this is the best solution for him atm.

Proposal:
  • Keys: Robert Reynolds | Sentry | Void | Merged Form
  • Tier: Varies. 10-C to 10-B physically, up to 4-B with avatars | Varies. From High 6-C to 4-B, higher when stable | Varies. Up to 4-B, higher when stable | Varies. Up to 4-B

The only reason Void doesn't have a High 6-C key is because unlike the Sentry, he doesn't hold back and doesn't like to reduce his stats. Also I left out DSS because he doesn't meet the criteria, and it will cause some scaling issues with his other forms. I can explain it further if you want.

Last edited:
Varies, 10-C to 10-B

You sure about this? What makes Reynolds that distinct from the Sentry persona

Also please elaborate FAR MORE what the basis of this keying is, to people unfamiliar with Sentry.

Robert Reynolds himself doesn't know he is the one with the real power. So most of the time, he comes across as an extremely weakened (physically) person, but if he is feeling somewhat better, he starts to become like a normal person.

To simplify;
  • Robert is the one with the real power who manifested sentry and void. That's his "depowered" form if you will.
    • As for his 4-B tier is because he can "summon" and "control" his manifestations if he feels like it.
      • Sentry Vol 2 #4

• Sentry's high 6-C key is because of how he is comparable to other heralds like Hulk (not WWH), she hulk, etc.
    • His 4-B comes from the fact that he is comparable to his Void persona and also more powerful than other 4-B heralds of Marvel. In addition, he was able to stalemate Hulk (kind of bad writing lel)
      • The last one comes from World War Hulk #5
    • His stable form is higher than his unstable form due to his power mechanism.
      • Sentry Vol 2 #8

• The Void is straight-up 4-B because he is overwhelmingly more powerful than the likes of Thor and comparable to his Sentry state.
    • His stable form is higher because of power mechanism
      • Sentry Vol 2 #8

• Merged Sentry - after he merged with all three of his personalities, his mind became whole and he is the most stable version of the character. After he merged, his powers essentially skyrocketed, at least doubled.
    • He has a varied tier as well because Robert is a broken man by nature, so his powers can go down too if Robert's emotions start acting up again.
      • Agents of Wakanda #2

I am working on that ATM, gonna take a while tho. Most abilities are interchangeable between his void and sentry forms sans anti matter manip, darkness/light manip, and durability negation.

Both sentry and void can use all of these, but won't because of their "theme"

I will fix all the scans and referencing issues cause I need to reread everything and gather the stuff again. I also left out any ap, speed, and durability stuff from Death Seed cause I am unsure where to put him.

What kind of Twitter links? Writers answering questions or images?

It looks okay but the justifications for the first key involve images from twitter and I have no reference for how stable or instable twitter links are.
Twitter images are pretty stable for most parts. Plus it originates from my own ACC so I ain't gonna delete that image. But I get where you are coming from. Tho it's just temporary for now. I will rework the file from scratch with new images - higher quality - and references, but I just wanted to get this thing get accepted first.

Twitter images are pretty stable for most parts. Plus it originates from my own ACC so I ain't gonna delete that image. But I get where you are coming from. Tho it's just temporary for now. I will rework the file from scratch with new images - higher quality - and references, but I just wanted to get this thing get accepted first.
Okay. That is good then. Preferably use the wiki or a reliable and stable image hosting service such as Imgur.

About Death Seed Sentry... Does anyone know how we can scale him? Now that I check the dates for the issues, he does meet the time criteria at least.

Applied the changes.

As I mentioned earlier, I will need to redo his file from scratch to fix any issues it might have. Just needed to get the keys out of the way since it's kinda important.

Okay. Is there anything left to do here, or should I close this thread?

Okay, but isn't that redundant? It has identical statistics, and is essentially just The Sentry under severe destructive brainwashing.

So do we really need an extra statistics key taking up unnecessary space for that state?

That's what I am thinking about. There are few DSS exclusive powers on his file. (Except for Regen), so I wonder if I should exclude Those or not 🤔

If I don't remember correctly Death sentry was not something like a Bob without restriction and at the same time more unstable?

If I don't remember correctly Death sentry was not something like a Bob without restriction and at the same time more unstable?
nah. Bob can't be "stable", even in his perfect form. But that's a long story.

as for DSS, Void had left him, so that emptiness was replaced by the programming of the apocalypse twin. He wasn't stable, he just didn't have the Void in him. He doesn't magically become stable when Void leaves him.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. His feats are on the exact same level as sentry and void. He was just a more evil version of sentry, and less evil version of the void.

Although it does get extremely confusing with the sentry. On one hand, death seeds do enhance one's abilities and power to reach their full potential, but the way Sentry's mechanism works, it makes me doubt he was enhanced in any way.

Basically, after he commited suicide at the hands of Thor, he went into the sun and kept killing himself and resurrecting. After a while, void got bored and left the Sentry. That empty part of his mind was replaced with the apocalypse twin programming. Not sure if would compare it to BWL, more like a controlled Sentry.

Not necessarily. His feats are on the exact same level as sentry and void. He was just a more evil version of sentry, and less evil version of the void.

Although it does get extremely confusing with the sentry. On one hand, death seeds do enhance one's abilities and power to reach their full potential, but the way Sentry's mechanism works, it makes me doubt he was enhanced in any way.
Nah, apparently DSS is more powerful then usual thanks to the death seed

3518253-01.jpg

(This is from an interview from Rick Remender with cbr)

I have seen that. It's just his feats are overall in the same level.

In addition, his physical feats as sentry/void are better than DSS form. So...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back