• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Roar of Wrath Echoes Across Flaming Sky of Oath (Meliodas vs Tsunayoshi Sawada)

Introductio

When you fail to protect what you love,the anger,saddness,sorrowness become one,and later your cry of wrath,cursing yourself for your failure echoess the sky,however the sky have it own guardian and start to descent to earth......

Character

• Meliodas
Meliodas berserk
Tier: At least 7-B, 7-A with Wrath
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Extrasensory Perception, Expert Swordsmanship, Martial Arts, Darkness Manipulation (Can generate and manipulate solid darkness from his body to form various constructs), Flight, Regenerationn (Mid), Attack Reflection (Can reflect magic attacks and amplify them), Power Nullification (Can disperse magic attacks), Statistics Amplification (His magic power increases at night), Rage Power (Increased his power with his emotions despite being heavily injured), Telepathy, Air Manipulation (Can make air blades with swords), Aura (Can project a visible dragon-shaped aura with killing intent), Hellfire Manipulation (Purgatory fire nullifies up to Mid-High Regenerationn), Soul Manipulation, Duplication (Can create weaker clones of himself with Lostvayne), Power Absorption (Can absorb others' commandments, which are demonic curses) Absorption, (Can power himself by absorbing the damage he takes), Resurrection (Returns to life every time he dies after a month has passed), Resistant to the following: Acid Manipulation (Hendrickson stated his Acid power didn't work on Meliodas due to his demonic nature), Soul Manipulation (Despite being a master soul manipulator, Melascula was unable to remove his soul the normal way even though he was heavily injured) and Telepathy (Drole's Magical Eye could not read his mind) as well as Poison, Heat, and Cold (Lives in Purgatory without being affected by its extreme environment)

• Tsunayoshi Sawada
Tsuna Zero Point Breakthrough
Tier: At least 7-B, 7-A with X-Burner and Cambio Forma
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Sky Flame Manipulation, Forcefield Creation, Absorption (Can absorb the flames of his opponents and convert it into his energy), Ice Manipulation with Zero Point Breakthrough: First Edition, Limited Precognition with Hyper Intuition | All previous abilities, Petrification with Harmony, Power Nullification (Can nullify attacks with Mantello di Vongola Primo) | All previous abilities, Gravity Manipulation with Oath Flame

Conditions

• Choice Arc Tsuna and Sealed Demon Meliodas are used
  • Wrath,X-Burner and Cambio Forma are unrestricted
  • Speed equalized
  • Range is 100 meter
  • Place located in New York City,Manhattan
  • No knowledge,no prep time
  • Win via death!!!
Battle theme

Vote

• Meliodas: 0
  • Tsuna: 7 (XXS,Hst,Malikobama,Emp,Viz,Foca,Enryu)
  • Inconclusive: 0
Note: Another Tsuna vs shonen protag,this time he fonfront the demon of wrath Meliodas!

Meliodas has Regenerationn and more hax like darkness manipulation and telepathy.

I would presume they would be similar in power, but Meliodas's Regenerationn would help a lot.

How does Sawada's petrification work?

His box weapon, Natsu, appears on his shoulder and roars at the opponent. If the roar makes contact, they're petrified.

I'm assuming this is choice arc Tsuna, in which case he doesn't have gravity manip. This is actually likely the best version of his to fight Meliodas. Actually, he has First Edition either way, so I guess it's alright.

This is Natsu's Roar

Nuts Roar
Aside from that he'll have to be careful about using his offensive abilities thanks to Full Counter but could possibly negate Hellfire with ZBP:Revised or 1st edition

Question about the Petrification roar: I did a super quick google (and I'm not well versed with Tsuna so bear with me) and read the part of Ch. 244 where Natsu used it. He petrified an enemy attack so Tsuna could escape it, but didn't even try to petrify the enemy? What are the actual specifics of the attack, is it ever shown as something that Natsu actually uses to beat Tsuna's enemies? Scans would be appreciated

His roar is imbued with Sky flames who's property is "Harmonization" which gives it the ability to petrify.

Also Box animals are shown to be living and breathing and Natsu had actually petrified Torikabuto's serpents.

This also comes in the form of his Mantella di Primo (The cape) which by using the same properties can null incoming attacks

Okay but why did Natsu petrify the cage-looking attack and not even bother trying to petrify the actual enemy?

That's probably due to Tsuna's pacifist nature. If you check out Xanxus, you'll see that in his fight, as a fellow Sky Flame user, he petrifies the attack along with the guy he was fighting. Because Xanxus doesn't mind killing people. Tsuna really uses it as either a get off me tactic, a way to score an attack as he did against Byakuran later on, or to stop attacks as you found.

Though Tsuna does kill people later on, like Byakuran and Daemon Spade. He actually did attempt to petrify Byakuran, who dodged and was subsequently elbowed in the face. Though this is choice arc, so it's unlikely that he would go for straight petrification of another person. Not impossible, but unlikely nonetheless. First Edition is still on the table, however.

Hmm... I think that Tsuna has more avantage here. He can absorb Mel's Hellblaze with ZPB, can freeze both Mel's attack and evev Mel himself with first edition, can protect himself with his cloak and his petrification from Natsu.

Mel also have something that can give trouble to Tsuna, like Counter Vanish and Full Counter, which can disperse or reflect Tsuna's powerful attack like X-Burner. But I think that Tsuna should be able to handle his reflect flame, like use his cloak or absorb it back (I guess that Tsuna can absorb his own flame since his flame attribute Harmony should synchronize and merge it back without problem). And seeing that Mel can reflect and disperse his flame attack should make Tsuna to use his freezing and petrification to end this match quicker.

Another thing is dangerous for Tsuna is Revenge Counter. If Mel succes to use, he can beat Tsuna with it. But when Mel is on "charging", Tsuna should be able to sense about something dangerous, and likely to reaized about make damage to Mel is a bad idea. And that should force Tsuna use his freezing and petrification to avoid dngerous too.

Vote Tsuna for now.

Question, can Mel actually disperse attacks that are stronger than him? X-Burner is a tier above him here, and would one shot otherwise.

Actually, I'm not sure about that. My knowledge about NNT is limit to manga Vol 17 and I didn't really keep all of detail. Maybe we need to ask some NNT expert about that.

After getting better acquainted with Tsuna, I'm voting Meliodas for the following reasons:

- Goes without saying, but Full Counter/Counter Vanish is an enormous advantage for Mel here. It's just a terrible matchup for Tsuna and his flames. Meliodas even used to it reflect King's intangible Status Update power, so even if Natsu tries going for petrification it's gonna get reflected away from Meliodas. Also, Meliodas can make Lostvayne clones to use FC for him.

- Full Counter also gives Meliodas a huge advantage in a ranged battle. He can send out his darkness, Hellblaze, and air slashes while Full Countering Tsuna's attacks in turn.

- ZPB Revised shouldn't be able to do anything to Hellblaze, which is completely different from fire. And once Hellblaze hits Tsuna it's going to continue burning him and sapping his HP. Maybe Natsu could petrify Hellblaze though.

- ZPB First Edition doesn't seem like it should do much either. It can be melted by Dying Will Flames, which are stated on the wiki to be a type of life energy, which is basically what Power of Darkness is for demons. Not only that, but Meliodas also already showed the ability to casually resist magic ice. Vivian's Freeze Coffin completely froze through a massive creature and turned it to ice dust, but Meliodas just shattered it after being frozen. Unless you NLF the hell out of ZPB, I don't like its chances against Meliodas.

- Hyper Intuition, while technically precog, basically seems like Spidey-sense. As far as precog goes, it doesn't seem all that great and I don't see it effecting the match too much. It could let Tsuna dodge some surprise attacks but overall meh.

- Revenge Counter, if Meliodas needs to use it, is a huge trump card and would most likely wreck Tsuna. I don't expect Meliodas will need to use it though.

- Meliodas' regen is gonna be a huge pain for Tsuna to deal with. The amount of damage required for the regen to run out is pretty insane considering high-level demons treat decapitation and bisection like nothing.

Meliodas would not only have to time FC perfectly but even know what Natsu's roar is capable of

And even then any attack Meliodas tries to make will get nulled by The Mantella di Primo

1st edition also has power nullification as in once Meliodas is frozen he wouldn't be able to get out, the 1st edition was specifically invented to freeze DWFs not even Xanxus could melt it with his flames of wrath after he was frozen.

You just said Hellblaze could melt 1st edition cuz verse equalization so it shpuld equally capable to absorb

Hyper Intuition is both precog and danger sense. It allows him to dodge and be aware of incoming attacks and pick up on danger along woth figuring out strategies easier

Mel's regen is where Natsu and 1st Edition come in

@Malikobama

Tsuna has been able to absorb attacks from enemies stronger them him, so if meliodas uses full counter, Tsuna would just absorb his attack back and become stronger.

What do you mean by meliodas's darkness being equal to life force?, and even if it is, they also need to have a masives amounts of heat.

Mantella di vongola primo should stop hellblaze from touching Tsuna.

@Hst

- Mel's already demonstrated perfect FC timing on an intangible spell, that won't be a problem for him, assuming Natsu actually tried to petrify him in the first place. Chapter 244 makes me pretty suspicious about Natsu's tendency to just try to petrify an enemy, and according to Litentric Choice Arc Tsuna is unlikely to actually go for petrification. But let's say he does: Mel's shown multiple times that his first instinct is to Full Counter and unlike King's completely intangible Status Promotion, which gives no indication of any projectile attack, Natsu's petrification is a clear roar attack with a direction, which will make it easy for Mel to Full Counter as he senses energy rushing toward him.

- Seems extremely NLF-y. If any attack used against him is nulled he would never have a fight in the first place. For example: it functions on Harmony, so how would it nullify pure physical force in the form of an air slash, would it petrify the air? But more importantly, it doesn't cover his whole body or his head by default, he'd need to shield himself.

- ZPB can apparently be melted by strong Dying Will Flames according to the wiki, plus Xanxus shouldn't be compared to Mel since unlike Mel he hasn't shown a resistance to being frozen. Even if ZPB power-nullified Meliodas' darkness he could still break out with pure physical strength like he did to Freeze Coffin, since he already demonstrated resistance to being frozen by magical ice.

- I said Power of Darkness could possibly break out, not Hellblaze, because PoD is an innate part of demon biology most similar to what I can tell is KHR's "life force." Verse equalization wouldn't make Hellblaze into normal fire either.

- Some scans would be useful for Hyper Intuition in that case, because it doesn't seem all that great.

@Goku

- Mel would simply switch to Counter Vanish the first time that happens

- It's part of demon biology, which would make it the closest thing to "life force". Either way, ZPB can't be melted by fire but to say it couldn't be broken by pure physical strength is a NLF

- He'd need to actively turtle himself inside his cloak to shield himself from the scans I was able to find on google, meaning it's not all that hard to get past it.

Choice arc Tsuna does utilize his petrification, just seemingly not against other enemies, which does pose a problem here.

Also, my question about whether or not Mel can counter attacks stronger than him will full counter seems to have gone unanswered.

It seems unlikely that Mel will be able to melt the ice, given that Xanxus couldn't even break free given his flames of wrath. But physically breaking out should be likely to work. Though it should be noted that Xanxus couldn't break out, even though he was basically superior to Tsuna in all stats until Tsuna absorbed one of his attacks. Which should go to show you how powerful one absorption can be, let alone multiple.

I'm inclined to agree with the cloak thing. Sure, it'll provide decent defense against physical attacks, but this isn't the rain attribute where it nullifies practically any and everything. Harmony hasn't been shown to work on kinetic energy, unlike the tranquil quality of rain flames. Though it should be effective against most of Mel's long ranged attacks, and even those he reflects if Tsuna opts to not absorb them.

Dying will flames aren't an inherent part of one's biology. So I don't think they're comparable to Mel's power of darkness.

@Malik

-He got the timing AFTER he was already hit a 1st time by King's Status Promotion and Lit explained that it was because of Tsuna's pacifict nature, SBA has him willing to kill.

-Harmony isn't just petrification but being capable of negating attacks by absorbing them. also it does cover his body.

-ZPB was made for sealing them in the 1st place once your inside. Also Xanxus tried breaking out by physical strength and just ended up getting frozen even more and it even managed to seal him. Alongside Vivian's Freeze Coffin not having any nulling or sealing properties.

-Hellblaze is connected to PoD and also DWFs are nowhere close to normal flames, they come in multiple properties.

Hyper Intuition 1
X5
Hyper Intuition 2
X3 (1)
X4
Ikatekyo-hitman-reborn-3610339
-Several instances of Hyper Intuition

@Malik

-By the time that happens, Tsuna would have become faster and stronger.

-unless it is stated as life force, it will just be power of darkness

-I mean, he was able to stop an attack like this

Screenshot 20180710-225617

The past couple days I read hundreds of chapters of KHR lol

Tbh I see the points in Tsuna's favor here, change my vote to Tsuna for Hst's reasons @Velox

Back