• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

Can enigma crown be High1-A+ or 0 level? He is far superior to HOI/TOAA. He is far beyond Kabbalistic and affects the real world and consumes readers. He is a God AI. He replaces writers and causes writers to lose their jobs.

So um according to the upcoming Fantastic Four issue 18, they retconned the idea of Franklin losing his powers and instead explained away he mindwipes himself of the knowledge he has his powers and suppresses his powers until once a year where they return in all their glory.

They also discuss that Franklin will be one of the only beings left standing at the end of the Marvel Universe, which is a reference to the History of the Marvel Universe.

Which reminds me I still need to create that CRT for Franklin Richards to upgrade him.

So um according to the upcoming Fantastic Four issue 18, they retconned the idea of Franklin losing his powers and instead explained away he mindwipes himself of the knowledge he has his powers and suppresses his powers until once a year where they return in all their glory.

They also discuss that Franklin will be one of the only beings left standing at the end of the Marvel Universe, which is a reference to the History of the Marvel Universe.

Which reminds me I still need to create that CRT for Franklin Richards to upgrade him.
No Doctor Doom, IRRELEVANT ISSUE

did they retcon out the dumb idea of him not a mutant

did they retcon out the dumb idea of him not a mutant
I don’t think they did unfortunately. Here is the comicbook scan for anyone curious:

rendercombined.jpg

I personally think that it is better to not connect Franklin and the Fantastic Four to the X-Men world, given that Jonathan Hickman, Kieron Gillen, and other cynical, morbid, twisted, corrupt, and amoral writers have turned the X-Men into straight up evil villains who we are somehow supposed to root for anyway.

Last edited:
I personally think that it is better to not connect Franklin and the Fantastic Four to the X-Men world, given that Jonathan Hickman, Kieron Gillen, and other cynical, morbid, twisted, corrupt, and amoral writers have turned the X-Men into straight up villains who we are somehow supposed to root for anyway.
the retcon is still dumb. Franklin being a mutant has been for long, to just retcon it is wrong. He can still be not connected with x-men but still be a mutant

I don't think that it matters if Franklin has the mutant gene or was born with his powers in another way, but I consider the current X-Men narrative to be repulsively morbid and amoral, so I much prefer to keep the Fantastic Four far away from it, as I stated above.

I don't think that it matters if Franklin has the mutant gene or was born with his powers in another way, but I consider the current X-Men narrative to be repulsively morbid and amoral, so I much prefer to keep the Fantastic Four far away from it, as I stated above.
Are you referring to how Krakoa only gave cancer cures to nations who let mutants do as they please within them, a policy so bad that even DOCTOR DOOM was disgusted by it?

What do you guys think of the new designs for the abstracts (courtesy of G.O.D.S.)? They likely won't be permanent though, since M-bodies are dim shadowy reflections of their totality created by the limited perceptions and imaginations of lesser beings.
vfa3v31ouqoc1.png

ddkv3wfdvqoc1.png

ch31btlhvqoc1.png
I like them for the most part but I don’t really vibe with the purple hair for the tribunal and chaos looks like a crack head(but I guess that’s kind of the point)

What do you guys think of the new designs for the abstracts (courtesy of G.O.D.S.)? They likely won't be permanent though, since M-bodies are dim shadowy reflections of their totality created by the limited perceptions and imaginations of lesser beings.
vfa3v31ouqoc1.png

ddkv3wfdvqoc1.png

ch31btlhvqoc1.png
do not like eternity and infinity one. Living tribunal one looks decent with the judge outfit, chaos is too goth style i would have thought it as mistress death just by the photo instead of lord chaos

where you got the image from?

chaos is too goth style i would have thought it as mistress death just by the photo instead of lord chaos
Completely agree on this, she's just a quirky death 2; a way to fix this would be making her outfits have multiple colors in completely unfashionable and random ways.

I do like the idea of her having a different dress in every panel though. I don't envy the artist.

Btw, I am nearing completion of my marvel magic sandbox, only about 150 issues in 2 series left (plus some minor stuff mostly concerning Scarlet Witch's chaos magic and the Life Force), then I'll reorganize it into tabbers and clean up the formatting and whatnot.

Before I release that though, I will release a CRT based on this sandbox which focuses on character-specific stuff:

It's also not done yet, but feel free to check it out.

(And just ignore the Enchantimatics stuff if you want, I'm still debating if and how it can be included in the Marvel Magic sandbox)

Btw, I am nearing completion of my marvel magic sandbox, only about 150 issues in 2 series left (plus some minor stuff mostly concerning Scarlet Witch's chaos magic and the Life Force), then I'll reorganize it into tabbers and clean up the formatting and whatnot.

Before I release that though, I will release a CRT based on this sandbox which focuses on character-specific stuff:

It's also not done yet, but feel free to check it out.

(And just ignore the Enchantimatics stuff if you want, I'm still debating if and how it can be included in the Marvel Magic sandbox)
the specific forms of magic is not needed. There are less than 10 users so it can`t be there. Just have about magic in general not stuff like chaos or limbo magic

the specific forms of magic is not needed. There are less than 10 users so it can`t be there. Just have about magic in general not stuff like chaos or limbo magic
1. The rule is 5 users, not 10.

2. I'm amassing as many types as possible into one sandbox.

3. Any thoughts on the sandbox above which is the one I actually posted a link to?

1. The rule is 5 users, not 10.

2. I'm amassing as many types as possible into one sandbox.

3. Any thoughts on the sandbox above which is the one I actually posted a link to?
still no enough users. You do not amss as much type as you can. Just make the general magic stuff and the specific stuff can be handled in ctrs

Are you referring to how Krakoa only gave cancer cures to nations who let mutants do as they please within them, a policy so bad that even DOCTOR DOOM was disgusted by it?
I am mainly referring to that the X-Men have let many irredeemably satanically evil psychopathic and genocidal characters who are morally comparable to some of the absolutely worst people in real world human history into the leadership of their team, including Apocalypse, Mister Sinister, Mystique, and Sebastian Shaw, and are perpetuating a supremacist xenophobic isolationist ruthlessly militant narrative of "us versus them, no matter how many people we have to kill to act out our fear of the other".

It also doesn't help that they enthusiastically have Roman Colosseum-style bloodgames, and casually violate/rape other people's minds without a hint of remorse, even very nice people such as Mister Fantastic, and state outright to the United Nations that they are the new gods of humanity, and will be the new species to replace us.

I don't think that the X-Men ever truly worked as a metaphor for truly persecuted people, as they are portrayed as superior to regular humans and even call themselves "homo superior". That is not a fundamentally tolerance- and equality-based concept, it is an extremely far right entitled social-Darwinian elitist supremacist concept, and the Krakoa storyline engineered by Jonathan Hickman has made things much worse in that regard, likely deliberately, as Hickman is much more intelligent than most of his coworkers who would not understand the satirical political commentary until it was far too late.

Hickman has thoroughly corrupted and destroyed the franchise, unless Kieron Gillen and Al Ewing state that The Enigma/Nathaniel Essex has manipulated history to turn the X-Men into out of character villains to retroactively enable its own rise to power, and that seems unlikely given that Kieron Gillen seems even more gleefully twisted, morbid, amoral, and ideologically anti-idealistic than Hickman is.

Last edited:
vfa3v31ouqoc1.png

ddkv3wfdvqoc1.png

ch31btlhvqoc1.png
Among other problems, such as mostly using his intellect to poison, defile, and break down all human capacity for hope, positive thinking, and otherwise healthy mentality with destructive morbid twisted cynical nihilism, despair, and dystopian concepts in many of his stories (much like Adam Warren does and H.P. Lovecraft did), Hickman seems to do a Jim Starlin here, by conceitedly completely ignoring what has been established by other writers. Al Ewing very clearly retired Infinity with the Seventh Cosmos in his Ultimates storyline.

Then again, Al Ewing likely ignored what had been established by Fred Van Lente, given that the Marvel Multiverse was previously destroyed during the Chaos War, and Ewing never counted that as an iteration of the cosmos.

Last edited:
Okay. I'm gathering things to attempt to upgrade Franklin using History of The Marvel Universe and other things. But the general bullet points I have is:
  • Franklin and Galactus were the last beings to survive the end of the Universe. The Author of History of The Marvel Universe uses Universe and Multiverse interchangably, both referring to the last iteration of the Multiverse Galan was from. This means that Franklin and Galactus outlived the Abstracts and other High 1-A entities within the Universe/Multiverse.
  • Franklin is stated to have created Multiverses. Multiverses is History of the Marvel Universe only referred to High 1-A (Galan's home multiverse and Living Tribunal)
  • Galactus in general is referred to as being the energy that created the previous Multiverse. Franklin definitively should be no weaker than Galactus, as they (he and Galactus) are referred to being a Duality of Ultimate Creator and Ultimate Destroyer.
  • Franklin is referred to as the most powerful mutant period, despite Galan having knowledge of the entire Marvel Universe as it canonically takes place at the end of it. Thusly, he should be superior to Mutants who have performed High 1-A feats, such as Jamie Braddock, who warped the White Hot Room.
  • Roma feared Franklin could destroy Everything. At first this doesn't have any context, until this scan that implicates that they were afraid that Franklin might destroy the Multiverse, which means they genuinely believe he could. It also means "Cosmos" here refers to Multiverse, otherwise they clearly wouldn't be afraid someone who could just shape a regular "Universe" could destroy the "Multiverse"
----
I do have the scans of the other points btw, I just didn't feel like going through the ropes of providing scans for everything when this isn't the CRT. Feel free to give feedback and such.

Okay. I'm gathering things to attempt to upgrade Franklin using History of The Marvel Universe and other things. But the general bullet points I have is:
  • Franklin and Galactus were the last beings to survive the end of the Universe. The Author of History of The Marvel Universe uses Universe and Multiverse interchangably, both referring to the last iteration of the Multiverse Galan was from. This means that Franklin and Galactus outlived the Abstracts and other High 1-A entities within the Universe/Multiverse.
  • Franklin is stated to have created Multiverses. Multiverses is History of the Marvel Universe only referred to High 1-A (Galan's home multiverse and Living Tribunal)
  • Galactus in general is referred to as being the energy that created the previous Multiverse. Franklin definitively should be no weaker than Galactus, as they (he and Galactus) are referred to being a Duality of Ultimate Creator and Ultimate Destroyer.
  • Franklin is referred to as the most powerful mutant period, despite Galan having knowledge of the entire Marvel Universe as it canonically takes place at the end of it. Thusly, he should be superior to Mutants who have performed High 1-A feats, such as Jamie Braddock, who warped the White Hot Room.
  • Roma feared Franklin could destroy Everything. At first this doesn't have any context, until this scan that implicates that they were afraid that Franklin might destroy the Multiverse, which means they genuinely believe he could. It also means "Cosmos" here refers to Multiverse, otherwise they clearly wouldn't be afraid someone who could just shape a regular "Universe" could destroy the "Multiverse"
----
I do have the scans of the other points btw, I just didn't feel like going through the ropes of providing scans for everything when this isn't the CRT. Feel free to give feedback and such.
Ehm, will it affect Child Franklin?

Why would this be applicable to durability? Survivng the end of the 8th cosmos or any other iteration of the omniverse could mean a number of things, or be achieved in a number of ways. I don't think the two of them standing in the epicenter of the destruction and no-selling omniversal implosion is the most viable interpretation.
Multiverse has never "only ever referred" to High 1-A, it has plenty of meanings. Earth-616 holds an infinite multiverse in its own right. The term "omniverse" (in terms of all of creation below the Mystery and at the level of the Superflow) is what we consider High 1-A according to the cosmology blog, and even then, omniverse has been used interchangebly with multiverse on occasion. Ultima said that the baseline multiverse of alternate earths is just Low 1-A.
Noticed we had a profile for this a bit ago. Wasn't planning on doing this at first, but since I used some scans from this series in the cosmology page, I figured I ought to make this thread as a quick thing to keep things consistent. Most likely I'll do a more thorough revision for canon Sentry in the future, though, so watch out for that.

Anyway: Here, Earth-1611 Sentry is scaled to Low 2-C for feats revolving around affecting timelines, and scaling from beings who do the same. However, with recent changes, the branches of the wider multiverse now are Low 1-A, and so Sentry should obviously scale accordingly.

For reference, Destroyer Darkmass, the character who Sentry scales to in the last key, has the main feat of fully presiding over Sentry's original Earth and fragmenting it into countless different universes, which was described earlier on as a multiverse of possibilities. Earlier still, he caused all of those timelines to explode with a wave of his hand (Ontop of Cranio stating his command over that universe is absolute), and in the first issue, he's depicted as physically tearing them apart.
That should just be Galactus in his highest state. Franklin is only ever compared to the universal Galactus, no?
Couldn't this be in terms of potential or some other metric? Another recent upgrade claimed that Legion scaled above all mutants. There are probably plenty of characters who have been called the strongest mutant/asgardian/avenger etc., we shouldn't use statements like that to scale skyfather-level mutants to High 1-A via logically scaling above Jean Grey, or herald-level avengers/asgardians above Rune King Thor.
The "Multiverse" is just Low 1-A, and a "regular universe" is a Low 1-A multiverse in its own right. Also, weren't the Captain Britain corps terrified of Mad Jim Jaspers even before his Jaspers warp caused environmental destruction on a High 1-A scale? It's not like Lady Roma/Opal Luna Saturnyne don't combat Low 1-A threats too.

Why would this be applicable to durability? Survivng the end of the 8th cosmos or any other iteration of the omniverse could mean a number of things, or be achieved in a number of ways. I don't think the two of them standing in the epicenter of the destruction and no-selling omniversal implosion is the most viable interpretation.

Multiverse has never "only ever referred" to High 1-A, it has plenty of meanings. Earth-616 holds an infinite multiverse in its own right. The term "omniverse" (in terms of all of creation below the Mystery and at the level of the Superflow) is what we consider High 1-A according to the cosmology blog, and even then, omniverse has been used interchangebly with multiverse on occasion. Ultima said that the baseline multiverse of alternate earths is just Low 1-A.

That should just be Galactus in his highest state. Franklin is only ever compared to the universal Galactus, no?

Couldn't this be in terms of potential or some other metric? Another recent upgrade claimed that Legion scaled above all mutants. There are probably plenty of characters who have been called the strongest mutant/asgardian/avenger etc., we shouldn't use statements like that to scale skyfather-level mutants to High 1-A via logically scaling above Jean Grey, or herald-level avengers/asgardians above Rune King Thor.

The "Multiverse" is just Low 1-A, and a "regular universe" is a Low 1-A multiverse in its own right. Also, weren't the Captain Britain corps terrified of Mad Jim Jaspers even before his Jaspers warp caused environmental destruction on a High 1-A scale? It's not like Lady Roma/Opal Luna Saturnyne don't combat Low 1-A threats too.
We literally don’t get any context of how they survived to be the last left in the iteration. Hickman’s run hinted they would as well. I’m using the most sensible option here since it isn’t really spoon fed to us. All we know is they survived it.

It’s actually his base pure essence that he gained from prior to entering that iteration of the cosmos.

This isn’t the first time he’s referred to as the most powerful mutant by far. It’s just one of the most recent. So it is quite consistent and not just some one and done thing used for hype.

I’m referring to the context of History of the Marvel Universe, which refers to something being “Multiversal” as two things: Galan’s home Multiverse, which is already recognized as its own iteration of Complete Eternity, and The Living Tribunal.

The Captain Britain Corps comics I’m referring to refer to Multiverse as being complete Eternity, thanks to the Abraxas comics which take place in the same arc. So Multiverse here is High 1-A.

Btw, are there any plans by anyone to see if Juggernaut's profile should be revised?

IIRC he fought Cyttorak himself, and that guy is above 1/5 of the Phoenix Force.

Btw, are there any plans by anyone to see if Juggernaut's profile should be revised?

IIRC he fought Cyttorak himself, and that guy is above 1/5 of the Phoenix Force.
I intended to work on a profile for Cyttorak, but got disinterested. I might revisit him, but for now, see it as though I no longer have plans for him.

I am mainly referring to that the X-Men have let many irredeemably satanically evil psychopathic and genocidal characters who are morally comparable to some of the absolutely worst people in real world human history into the leadership of their team, including Apocalypse, Mister Sinister, Mystique, and Sebastian Shaw, and are perpetuating a supremacist xenophobic isolationist ruthlessly militant narrative of "us versus them, no matter how many people we have to kill to act out our fear of the other".

It also doesn't help that they enthusiastically have Roman Colosseum-style bloodgames, and casually violate/rape other people's minds without a hint of remorse, even very nice people such as Mister Fantastic, and state outright to the United Nations that they are the new gods of humanity, and will be the new species to replace us.

I don't think that the X-Men ever truly worked as a metaphor for truly persecuted people, as they are portrayed as superior to regular humans and even call themselves "homo superior". That is not a fundamentally tolerance- and equality-based concept, it is an extremely far right entitled social-Darwinian elitist supremacist concept, and the Krakoa storyline engineered by Jonathan Hickman has made things much worse in that regard, likely deliberately, as Hickman is much more intelligent than most of his coworkers who would not understand the satirical political commentary until it was far too late.

Hickman has thoroughly corrupted and destroyed the franchise, unless Kieron Gillen and Al Ewing state that The Enigma/Nathaniel Essex has manipulated history to turn the X-Men into out of character villains to retroactively enable its own rise to power, and that seems unlikely given that Kieron Gillen seems even more gleefully twisted, morbid, amoral, and ideologically anti-idealistic than Hickman is.
X-Men works as a fun superpowered group of friends and family, the whole "Nation" and political part of Krakoa was always really phoned in. Also yeah, the X-men don't have a right to complain about persecution, fear and hate when they have superpowered Gods who can either destroy large pockets of civilization or wipe out all life on the Planet, the whole Krakoa debacle made things infinitely worse interms of public perception.

The "Plot resurrection" was another thing that took away all stakes. Even Inuniverse (meaning not with information we as readers have since forever), bringing in people like Apocalypse is beyond stupid no matter how "redeemed" he is now, like you said, it's essentially like bringing Hitler back who just did an oopsie 80 years ago, but now is a good guy.

All that being said, good riddance, i never enjoyed Krakoa. It should just be the core X-Men saving the day, being superheroes and all.

Last edited:
One thing I like about the 2023 Doctor Strange issue is that it adds a lot to Umar's character besides making her "female Dormammu in a human body".

1. She envies Clea for being able to marry for love, a luxury she never had due to the cutthroat life she lived.

2. She says that she did somewhat love Oniri (Clea's father) "in her own way", though as the 70's comics show she had no issue manipulating him.

3. She begs Doctor Strange and Clea to save her daughter (Clea's half-sister) from General Strange.

4. Allows Clea to name her daughter Donna (after Strange's deceased sister), even though Clea says that the name irritated Umar.

5. Is raising Donna to be her heiress (and seems to be doing a decent job at being a mom to her), basically made a non-aggression agreement with Strange and Clea for the time being for Donna's sake, and even lets Donna spend the weekend with Clea and Strange on Earth.

Last edited:
Back