• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

That said, he does possess a strong "Love to Hate" vibe, especially compared to other Doctor Strange villains like Nightmare, who is a flat-out rapist.
Yes, Nightmare is a literal serial-rapist both physically and mentally, but Dormammu has turned the Dark Dimension into an absolutely hellish and enslaved dystopia for its likely at least billions of citizens, and wants to do the same the the entire Marvel multiverse, so it isn't like he is morally better in any way.

Yeah, but he’s kinda funny so it’s fine
Umar’s even funnier than Dormammu so it’s still fine
He’s just a silly little guy
The Giffen/DeMatteis Defenders series did play many of the horrible things that the Faltine siblings did there for laughs at least.

For once I agree with Brian Bendis analysis of a character, even though Bendis portrayed Dormammu as ridiculously less powerful than he really is: Dormammu is actually a very good example of the banality of evil. He is basically an absolutely narcissistic overgrown psychopathic baby throwing constant mememememe temper tantrums without caring at all about how he affects other people, and Umar is a snarky completely amoral and sadistic hedonist.

I mean, his sister Umar, despite not being a genocidal maniac, isn't much better, considering what she did the first time she met Hulk, and the fact that the one time Dormammu loved a woman, Umar murdered her to basically have Dormammu to herself, which has all sorts of disturbing implications.

In-short, that entire family is 5 different levels of messed up.
Yes. Poor Clea. Lucky that Stephen (when hack writers aren't mutilating his character) is at least a very loyal and devoted husband to her.

Please elaborate regarding Umar murdering the only person besides himself that Dormammu has ever loved.

The Giffen/DeMatteis Defenders series did play many of the horrible things that the Faltine siblings did there for laughs at least.

For once I agree with Brian Bendis analysis of a character, even though Bendis portrayed Dormammu as ridiculously less powerful than he really is: Dormammu is actually a very good example of the banality of evil. He is basically an absolutely narcissistic overgrown psychopathic baby throwing constant mememememe temper tantrums without caring at all about how he affects other people, and Umar is a snarky completely amoral and sadistic hedonist.
Personally, I don’t judge characters based on their or my morals, I judge them based on how much I enjoy reading/watching them. Otherwise it’d be impossible to enjoy pretty much any villainous character.

Yes. Mephisto, Satannish, and D'Spayre as well.
Ironically mephisto can do good things for bad reasons. The dude legit invests in improving poor regions because in the long run it would improve the chance of him corrupting people there as opposed to them dying of poverty and hunger and going straight to heaven. Its ironic that the best issue to characterise mehpisto was a valentine issue where he was on a date with a mutant

Personally, I don’t judge characters based on their or my morals, I judge them based on how much I enjoy reading/watching them. Otherwise it’d be impossible to enjoy pretty much any villainous character.
Well, I don't enjoy genuinely villainous characters. They are awful.

Ironically mephisto can do good things for bad reasons. The dude legit invests in improving poor regions because in the long run it would improve the chance of him corrupting people there as opposed to them dying of poverty and hunger and going straight to heaven. Its ironic that the best issue to characterise mehpisto was a valentine issue where he was on a date with a mutant
That doesn't make any logical sense. Being reduced to completely desperate survival values does not tend to turn most people more virtuous.

The best way to ensure that humanity as a whole turns more genuinely moral and considerate is to enable everybody to become sufficiently prosperous and free to have the chance for constructive and positive self-observation, self-love, self-evolution, and awakening, and to allow and respect the same opportunity for everybody else.

Last edited:
That doesn't make any logical sense. Being reduced to completely desperate survival values does not tend to turn most people more virtuous.

The best way to ensure that humanity as a whole turns more genuinely moral and considerate is to enable everybody to become sufficiently prosperous to have the chance for constructive and positive self-observation, self-love, self-evolution, and awakening, and to allow and respect the same opportunity for everybody else.
This is how mephisto described it

It sounds like something written by Kieron Gillen. And no, that was not a compliment.

So would this count as entropy resistance (if that's even a thing) for Carol?

image.png

IMG_9991.jpg

She survives being in his Entropy Field and after absorbing some energy from an oil tanker she's able to overwhelm it.
ADCreHfpyxTCT3m1Yc3bGSXEFs1cfTayIcBqvTI40XI5q9HaCmrj-IJcPJh-mEcmu_VWw5FAhPg3YXWTSIcdK-NPzCYMnfOEnsNMOP7_DFMqyzQk-MgPKjA=s1600

ADCreHdWl9PDwjAVdJ72_lvt7N29OTRAhLe9krHU_kflukiD-DAQp-eWtjqX2IfPRAdDF65AnuXKMToGGPx8k9V74P_xrrGlRaJZBA1LydhMUZq2eme1MuE=s1600

Also Vision apparently has Ultron's code within him and can damage other AIs by sharing it with them. I don't know if this can be considered hacking or not but its interesting nonetheless.

IMG_9987.jpg

IMG_9988.jpg

IMG_9992.jpg

So would this count as entropy resistance (if that's even a thing) for Carol?

image.png

IMG_9991.jpg

She survives being in his Entropy Field and after absorbing some energy from an oil tanker she's able to overwhelm it.
ADCreHfpyxTCT3m1Yc3bGSXEFs1cfTayIcBqvTI40XI5q9HaCmrj-IJcPJh-mEcmu_VWw5FAhPg3YXWTSIcdK-NPzCYMnfOEnsNMOP7_DFMqyzQk-MgPKjA=s1600

ADCreHdWl9PDwjAVdJ72_lvt7N29OTRAhLe9krHU_kflukiD-DAQp-eWtjqX2IfPRAdDF65AnuXKMToGGPx8k9V74P_xrrGlRaJZBA1LydhMUZq2eme1MuE=s1600
Dont know if a power like that even exists probably doesnt count on nothing since she overpowered him by "having infinite energy".
But i still dont like that the writer goes to use a truck explosion to make her go binary. I mean i was the one who talked about the inconsistencies about Binary and modern base Carol but still see a simple truck explosion being enough to make her go binary while not even an nuclear warhead was even remotely close enough to make it, its really weird.

Dont know if a power like that even exists probably doesnt count on nothing since she overpowered him by "having infinite energy".
But i still dont like that the writer goes to use a truck explosion to make her go binary. I mean i was the one who talked about the inconsistencies about Binary and modern base Carol but still see a simple truck explosion being enough to make her go binary while not even an nuclear warhead was even remotely close enough to make it, its really weird.
Well, Galactus absorbing the power of five planets somehow apparently bumps him to tier High 1-A, which doesn't remotely make any sense whatsoever in terms of energy supply, due to that when originally introduced he was only intended to be of tier 5-B or so, but then the power-creep over the years became so extreme that it caused enormous inconsistencies with his earlier portrayals.

Meaning: This is pretty typical lack of logic for Marvel Comics.

Well, Galactus absorbing the power of five planets somehow apparently bumps him to tier High 1-A, which doesn't remotely make any sense whatsoever in terms of energy supply, due to that when originally introduced he was only intended to be of tier 5-B or so, but then the power-creep over the years became so extreme that it caused enormous inconsistencies with his earlier portrayals.

Meaning: This is pretty typical lack of logic for Marvel Comics.
I was even the one who pointed out how Binary powers could be archieved even with base Carol and that her base self is as powerful as her Binary form but even in the latest years she would only archieve Binary with relatively high amounts of energy.

Considering that the character was talking about Entropy and everything losing its energy would Carol have a sort of Absolute 0 resistance? Technically its impossible to break absolute 0 with energy i guess maybe infinite could break it but would it apply here? I'm questioning because those entropy powers dont seem to be anyway related to cold.

Yes. Poor Clea. Lucky that Stephen (when hack writers aren't mutilating his character) is at least a very loyal and devoted husband to her.

Please elaborate regarding Umar murdering the only person besides himself that Dormammu has ever loved.
Umar in her bath scene talks about how Dormammu fell in love with a princess from another dimension, only for Umar to kill her since "No woman" could replace her in importance to Dormammu.

Yeah, the implications are pretty sick.

Note that this is not a redeeming quality for present day Dormammu as he never mentions this princess in any issue so any love he had for her is gone.

Umar in her bath scene talks about how Dormammu fell in love with a princess from another dimension, only for Umar to kill her since "No woman" could replace her in importance to Dormammu.
Can you provide a scan link and issue reference please?

Would Nightmare be among those that will benefit from the Sandbox hax?
Considering he at the very least uses basic magic and resists Top-Tier Magic, abolutely.

Not sure if he uses the same spells as other sorcerers, since even Dormammu uses typical sorcery often.

It is likely better to let other knowledgeable staff members evaluate this.
It is already accepted that Doom scales to Wanda via absorbing her power. Eseseso's concern was that it would make his AP section too extensive
^

Can you provide a scan link and issue reference please?

Defenders 2005 #2.

387067291_1840690562994353_4869969590253852137_n.jpg

VENGEANCE OF THE MOON KNIGHT #2

"Khonshu VS. Khonshu! Fist of Khonshu fights Fist of Khonshu as the new Moon Knight brings the fight to the Midnight Mission and Hunter’s Moon – but what could drive brothers to battle? And with the Mission a battleground, what of those who seek aid?"

Back