• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

What do you all think about this?

1. I don't recall it ever being stated that Thor had the Odinforce at that point. After the War of the Realms, it was only first mentioned in Thor Vol 6 #1 (which canonically takes place after Valkyrie: Jane Foster Vol 1 #8 & #9)
2. Odinforce Thor has a Varies rating, and I really don't think Valkyrie Jane should be High 1-B without actual solid feats of her own on that level

Doctor Doom's peak is when he absorbed House of M Scarlet Witch's Life Force. Her profile says she is possibly Low 1-A

'Nuff said.
Good point, but that'd clutter up an already thick AP section.

Thanks again, amigo!

@Antvasima you can lock Doom's page again.

Though I swear, God Emperor Doom's key looks absolutely atrocious, once I'm done with my sandboxes I'm gonna try and get him a major P&A rehaul.
Actually, @Antvasima, before the page is closed, would Doctor Doom surviving his heart turned to stone and blood turned to acid, which would obviously be fatal to...well, almost anyone, allow him Immortality Type 2?

Last edited:

Actually, @Antvasima, before the page is closed, would Doctor Doom surviving his heart turned to stone and blood turned to acid, which would obviously be fatal to...well, almost anyone, allow him Immortality Type 2?
Adding 'possibly Low Outerverse level' and moving the Scarlet Witch feat to that can't make it that much more lengthy

Adding 'possibly Low Outerverse level' and moving the Scarlet Witch feat to that can't make it that much more cluttered
Maybe I'll propose it one of these days.

Btw, found this little gem regarding that particular absorption at the bottom line of this page:

Apparently Doom (almost certainly through using magic) intentionally absorbed the Life Force after Patriot interfered with a spell in the previous chapter that involved Doom, Wanda, and Wiccan harnessing the Life Force to reverse the "No More Mutants".

Doom's magic absorption is as busted as his standard absorption, it seems.

All done. Marvel's officially the first verse to fully transition to our new nonduality standards. However, I do have to ask how Galactus is even supposed to have such a power, as nonduality aspect 2 is supposed to make you immune to any attack that doesn't also possess a comparable degree of nonduality, and Galactus clearly isn't so transcendent.
Well, he does explicitly have immunity to abilities that hinge on such dualities, as shown in his profile. For example, the In-Betweener is the personification of the meeting point of all opposities and thus had all their powers (While also being subject to none of them), and an application of this was that he could summon the opposing force of any single thing to cancel it out and instantly destroy it (e.g. He could summon Death to kill the Elders of the Universe, who were immortal due to a pact with her, and also summon a blast of some weird energy that instantly killed Galactus' Punisher robot). Yet when he tried to do this to Galactus, he failed, because Galactus has no opposite defined against him. There's no "Anti-Galactus" force that can be summoned to cancel him out.

This is also reflected on how he can fight with the In-Betweener at all, too, since the In-Betweener being the dividing line of all dichotomies means that, while he can affect everything in the dualistic universe, nothing in it can affect him. Yet Galactus could still punch him out just fine.

Last edited:

I think so, yes.

Last edited:
Would this be enough for HDE for wiccan and Dormammu?
IKOSReR.png
When I get to my PC I can get a better scan

I already have the thread itself written up, mostly. I just have to revamp the profiles of the Gods and the more "magical" abstracts (Like Nightmare for instance), and that, as you might guess, will take a bit, since those number among the worst Marvel profiles in general.
My boy Dormammu is also a tragic example of a profile that direly needs a P&A revision.

Really? Huh, I'll look into that, since it is stated and shown that magic works better against vampires yet Dracula easily tanks normal magic.

Preach!

Nightmare and Uatu have atrocious P&A sections, and after my sandboxes are done I might do a P&A CRT for Uatu.
Could you post here the sandboxes? Just out of curiosity.

Just a note that Dormammu is a complete monster in terms of moral character...
Oh no doubt about that, TV Tropes confirms it as well:

• Dormammu is Doctor Strange's Arch-Enemy and the ruler of the Dark Dimension, where he established a dictatorship with his sister Umar, who he has attempted to destroy on more than one occasion. After Strange bested him once, Dormammu has never stopped brooding on that slight and has endlessly attempted to destroy Strange and everything he loves. The obliteration of Earth and its people have been attempted by Dormammu, but those who survive his conquests have it far worse. The Dark Dimension is run like his personal hell, the denizens enslaved and tormented constantly, with only a small resistance against him. To oppose Dormammu is to risk the endless torture of your soul should you fall into his hands alive. He remains one of the few of Strange's many otherworldly foes to have earned the sorcerer's hatred.
Also, he's tried destroying the Dark Dimension, which is basically the size of a standard multiverse (not the High 1-A kind, the 2-A or Low 1-C kind) out of a f*cking temper tantrum.

That said, he does possess a strong "Love to Hate" vibe, especially compared to other Doctor Strange villains like Nightmare, who is a flat-out rapist.

I mean, his sister Umar, despite not being a genocidal maniac, isn't much better, considering what she did the first time she met Hulk, and the fact that the one time Dormammu loved a woman, Umar murdered her to basically have Dormammu to herself, which has all sorts of disturbing implications.

In-short, that entire family is 5 different levels of messed up.
Umar’s even funnier than Dormammu so it’s still fine

Back