• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

Also, speaking of self-evident changes. In a recent She-Hulk issue by Rainbow Rowell it was revealed that Jennifer still has her 4th wall-breaking abilities. Is it fine if I move them to her regular powers section?
I read it it was a very good use of 4th wall breaking, she used it to temporarily pause a scene while grieving over Jack.

Also, She-Hulk has not used her power-switching power for around 30 years. Should we move that to former powers?

I read it it was a very good use of 4th wall breaking, she used it to temporarily pause a scene while grieving over Jack.
Yes. It was commentary about how her relationships and happiness are never allowed to continue for a prolonged period of time, due to that her new writers instantly tend to ignore what has been established earlier, and want to inject massive amounts of drama.

Also, She-Hulk has not used her power-switching power for around 30 years. Should we move that to former powers?
It would be fun if in the next issue she used that power considering how the 4th wall breaking was brough after not using for some time.
Yes. It was commentary about how her relationships and happiness are never allowed to continue for a prolonged period of time, due to that her new writers instantly tend to ignore what has been established earlier, and want to inject massive amounts of drama.
Unfortunately they decided on a love triangle with Jack and that thief, i didnt liked that.

Also, her energy absorption is not unique to her savage incarnation. Spectrum once powered up her sensational incarnation by feeding her energy.

Unfortunately they decided on a love triangle with Jack and that thief, i didnt liked that.
I strongly doubt that Jen will be interested in the thief. He is basically sexually harrassing her, and is a conceited criminal to boot.

Also, speaking of self-evident changes. In a recent She-Hulk issue by Rainbow Rowell it was revealed that Jennifer still has her 4th wall-breaking abilities. Is it fine if I move them to her regular powers section?

Without a doubt. Add it 👍.

That reminds me of the current Hulk comic in which Hulk was absorbing some gamma monster energy

Also, her energy absorption is not unique to her savage incarnation. Spectrum once powered up her sensational incarnation by feeding her energy.
So are the rest of you fine with these changes as well?

And is somebody please willing to investigate what is going on with Spectrum, and start an upgrade thread for her if necessary?

Thank you. 🙏

In addition, it seems like Iceman recently defeated Terrax when the latter had powered up with a small fragment of The Black Winter. Should we give Iceman a new key with "At least 3-C to 2-C" statistics, or consider it an outlier?

Have any of you kept up with Iceman's stories lately? Wasn't he given an enormous unexplained power-up that allows him to effortlessly (and boringly) defeat anybody he fights, including The Juggernaut?

Well, after Iceman was retconned to become homosexual it seems like he has turned enormously more powerful in order to try to make members of the LGBTQIA+ community feel more empowered, so I think that a new statistics key seems appropriate, but I am not sure what to call it. "After achieving greater self-awareness" or "After achieving greater self-acceptance" perhaps?

Thank you. 🙏

In addition, it seems like Iceman recently defeated Terrax when the latter had powered up with a small fragment of The Black Winter. Should we give Iceman a new key with "At least 3-C to 2-C" statistics?
We have talked about it before and disagree with the upgrade

I checked about it. The entire Marvel Voices: Iceman Infinity Comic only lasted for 4 issues and the mutation only had an appearance in the last issue

after Iceman was retconned to become homosexual it seems like he has turned enormously more powerful in order to try to make members of the LGBTQIA+ community feel more empowered
...wait what?
We have talked about it before and disagree with the upgrade

I checked about it. It only had about before and the entire arc lasted 4 issues only and the power up lasted for an issue.
Oh yeah, forgot about that thread. Seems like it can't be added then

...wait what?
Well, it is a pretty blatant trend in recent years, and I personally approve of making LGBTQIA+ characters (as well as women and non-caucasians) more prominent and empowering, as comic books should be for everybody, and real life LGBTQIA+ people have to endure a lot of bigotry in many parts of this world, although the storytelling feels a bit forced and pandering at times.

Meaning, the writers don't really make the characters three-dimensional all the time, and have them overcome their struggles too easily, and including everybody should not mean belittling popular established male caucasian main characters (such as Luke Skywalker and Jean Luc Picard, for example) in order to make the others shine. That is divisive, not uniting.

Oh. I seem to have misunderstood then. My apologies. What other recent feats does he have?

Okay. I suppose that we may have to wait some months until we scale him to Terrax then.

So are the rest of you fine with these changes as well?

And is somebody please willing to investigate what is going on with Spectrum, and start an upgrade thread for her if necessary?
Anyway, I would very much appreciate further help with this.

Okay. Thank you for helping out. 🙏

Anybody else?

I was told that Monica Rambeau/Spectrum blew up a universe recently. Is this correct, and if so, should she be upgraded to 3-A, High 3-A, or Low 2-C?
Here's the context.

It's revealed that Photon was empowered by a Kree artefact that blurs the lines between realities. She broke the universe and was causing reality/dimensional walls to crumble and alternate realities to converge to the point where the universe eventually collapse. Starfox later claims that this was a multiversal problem.

Starfox tapped into Photon's mind and suspended the anomalies. She then dissipated them.

The Beyonder (they weren't exactly the original, but that seems to be due to timeline shenanigans given the stuff about Owen Reece) even claims that her power almost rivals their own and was breaking down dimensional walls.

This is constantly portrayed as a level of power she always had, but couldn't draw out.

IIRC, Photon having mental barriers that blocks her full potential isn't a new concept.

Last edited:
Was it the original (but retconned) Beyonder? Spectrum did also temporarily hold off a Beyonder during Al Ewing's "Captain America and the Mighty Avengers" run, so I suppose that an enormous upgrade would be in order then.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Captain_America_and_the_Mighty_Avengers_Vol_1_7

Of course, this just further underlines that the current multiversal Marvel Comics cosmology is intended to be much closer to 2-A than High 1-A, but Ultima and others are not listening to me.

Anyway, is it fine if I make the She-Hulk page changes that I mentioned above?

It's definitely not, but that doesn't even matter. The Beyonder says her power is equal to their's, so we can go by that.
Almost rivalling, so not quite, but close enough. Also, was a scale of power established for this alternative version of The Beyonder?

Was it the original (but retconned) Beyonder?
Given that there's supposed to be multiple Beyonders, I'd just leave it as post-retcon.
Almost rivalling, so not quite, but close enough. Also, was a scale of power established for this alternative version of The Beyonder?
As I said, they're probably just The Beyonder from this timeline due to the Owen Reece stuff (which was retained during post-retcon events, such as Secret Wars 3). But, regardless, they'd still be a sentient Cosmic Cube of sorts.

Plus, it's stated that they can alter reality at a whim like the original, and then you have the universal/multiversal stuff from the comic itself.

Last edited:
the current multiversal Marvel Comics cosmology is intended to be much closer to 2-A
mike-ohearn-baby-dont-hurt-me.gif

Given that there's supposed to be multiple Beyonders, I'd just leave it as post-retcon.

As I said, they're probably just The Beyonder from this timeline due to the Owen Reece stuff (which was retained during post-retcon events, such as Secret Wars 3). But, regardless, they'd still be a sentient Cosmic Cube of sorts.

Plus, it's stated that they can alter reality at a whim like the original, and then you have the universal/multiversal stuff from the comic itself.
So should we scale Spectrum to cosmic cubes then?

What do we currently rate them as? 2-A?

Back