• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

Which Marvel cosmology thread? We are currently dealing with DC Comics in that regard.

I do remember trying to assemble a team in private to take a look at separating Marvel Comics cosmology into eras, but that never seems to have gone anywhere.

I would very much welcome knowledgeable and unbiased volunteers though.
I have always thought about a cosmology split by Editor Eras.

I much prefered when Al Ewing handled it, as it was comparatively positive and constructive, whereas my impression of Hickman is that he is a very depressing dystopian existential nihilist and dark muni. Somebody who has made a career out of making hopeless anti-spiritual despair, cruelty, morbidity, and misery "sophisticated" and spreading it to as many other people as possible.
Wow. I have a completely different view regarding his writing. I love his Avengers runs, it's epic.

Though we should wait for GODS, see if he's going to retcon anything and such.

Found it

"Over the last decade, Hickman has boldly transformed the worlds of the FANTASTIC FOUR, the AVENGERS, and the X-MEN. G.O.D.S. will mark his most ambitious undertaking to date, dramatically reshaping Marvel’s pantheon of cosmic beings and the entities behind the very fabric of reality."

"Known for his outstanding work on events like EMPYRE and A.X.E. JUDGMENT DAY, acclaimed artist Valerio Schiti will join Hickman to bring forth this epic journey into the unknown. Together, along with master colorist Marte Gracia, the team will build a new Marvel mythology overflowing with daring concepts, intricate systems, and fascinating new characters, some of whom have been in action long before your favorite Marvel heroes."

Seems to be very important for what we do.

may I have some examples?

(Is this some worf effect (have guy defeat strange to demonstrate how dangerous and powerful he is)) why they gotta job strange?
From the top of my head I don't recall any, with the exception of random mystic beings. Though if you wanna see how disrespected Strange became, read his past few runs. 2015 and 2018 runs are good story wise, but they all seem to have one objective: Fodderize Strange.

His stories are all about "Magic is dead", "I can't use magic" and "I'm not the sourcerer supreme anymore". Bro even died last year.

From the top of my head I don't recall any, with the exception of random mystic beings. Though if you wanna see how disrespected Strange became, read his past few runs. 2015 and 2018 runs are good story wise, but they all seem to have one objective: Fodderize Strange.

His stories are all about "Magic is dead", "I can't use magic" and "I'm not the sourcerer supreme anymore". Bro even died last year.
The writer must really hate strange for some reason.

is there any marvel character who gets fodderized even more than him?

is it the silver surfer?

He did die but his visual as harvestman was pretty cool and i liked Clea too

It would be pretty helpful if we reassemble some type of team of really knowledgeable Marvel fans to take on such a project. @Alonik for example is probably the most knowledgeable guy that i know of on Marvel Comics.
Most of the peope knowledgeable left because we decided to become more like twitter with the gender thread.

Well, we did what Impress wanted, but she was too hostile towards anybody who wanted us to use Fandom's official approach to gender identity instead, which was the final straw in terms of other bad behaviour that she had engaged in, including her and Amelia severely attacking AKM a lot, especially in private, so I could not protect her from the consequences of that bad behaviour anymore, which led to her demotion.

However, she was the main person who kept the reliability of our Marvel Comics pages reasonably on track, and things have deteriorated greatly without her help, so that is definitely not good at all.

I am not sure why Confluctor left, but it is possible that he was loyal to Impress.

I am not sure why Confluctor left, but it is possible that he was loyal to Impress.
IIRC, confluctor was banned due to the drama caused in the thread of queen isabel's death and although he was eventually unbanned shortly after, he decided to leave. If I remember correctly the reason for his ban was to express raw hatred for queen isabel after that he was reported and banned.

Okay. I did not remember that well. I did not know almost anything about Elizabeth beyond what I saw in "The Crown" TV series, so it is very unfortunate if the posotive sentiments that I expressed soured Confluctor on this community.

Hmm. I find it very inappropriate for Damage3245 to have banned Conflictor so quickly. Would somebody be willing to try to convince him to come back please?

I have never spoken to Confluctor so I would rather not get involved in this, I only know the story of what happened. And if I remember correctly he is active in another wiki as a moderator so the rest is up any of you.

I understand but still he doesn't need a goal (He's not Naruto). Most western heroes are like that. Besides despite the rage problem, he's still more heroic than most heroes.
Hulk when in control is usually heroic unless for rage problems but i meant that i dont see any reason to have a anti villain category, but categories are hard to keep track of so i bet there are a bunch of pages with categories that make no sense

Back