• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

Okay. Is there a metafictional comment about a part of the audience intended there, or is it just an in-universe story convention?

Just finished this issue.

The ending was incredibly heart-warming, though I wish this arc had included more of Doctor Doom asides from one appearance in the first issue, especially since part of the arc was "Some person (who turned out to be General Strange) is murdering evil sorcerers", and Doom is...well, an evil sorcerer. One who Strange and Clea both have no love for after his attempt in the 2022 comic to threaten Clea.
Something crazy to note is Strange admitting that even with the Trinity of Ashes at his side he still says that General Strange was more powerful than him. General Strange is crazy powerful.

Something crazy to note is Strange admitting that even with the Trinity of Ashes at his side he still says that General Strange was more powerful than him. General Strange is crazy powerful.
He was so strong the Trinity agreed to a peace treaty out of fear of General Strange.

Oblivion does criticize the atheism and Humans playing god with politics and stuff.
Ah. Hickman is playing straw man "accuse the opposition of doing what I am doing is the most efficient ideological defence" projection by letting the embodiment of nothingness criticise atheism and similar then?

Among many other things, he did write the absolutely vile, malicious, morbid, amoral, nihilistic, and disgusting "God is dead" series after all, and given the themes and values of his sum total output, he seems like a genuinely evil human being, who uses his quite high intelligence, but comparatively limited wisdom, to spread memetic mind-poison to as many people as possible.

Last edited:
Probably because Oblivion is symbolic for nihilism, so an amoral writer in love with his own intellect, who has made a career of systematically engaging in spreading hope- and faith-destroying morbid mind-poison to as many people as possible, while completely corrupting a massive number of formerly mostly harmless characters (such as the X-Men, who are now casually accepting members of comparable moral character to Hitler, Mengele, Stalin, Mao, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, and Kim Jong Un) will obviously jump at the chance of using the character for subversive thoroughly dishonest mockery.

Marvel Comics also retroactively turned Captain America into a Nazi, uniformly generalised all conservatives as being Mephisto-worshipping satanists (and yes, I am moderately progressive myself, but hate-speech is not helping anybody), and turned the X-Men into villains, while continuing to pretend that they are heroes, so this is nothing in comparison. By my experience, many comic book writers nowadays seem to be very very evil people going by the fundamental values they instill into their works.

Never mind about Oblivion. I read the issue out of curiousity, and it did not have the thematics that I thought from the summary above.

Yup, and he used to be an extremely nice and moral character. The Marvel writers are generally extremely busy with corrupting any characters (and likely readers) that they can get their hands on.

I never liked the portrayal of Oblivion as someone actively working towards destruction. He’s the natural end of all things who has existed since before time was even a thing, you telling me that he can’t bother to wait until the universe naturally ends or some supervillain destroys it all? Oblivion works best when he genuinely doesn’t care about any of this “good vs evil” stuff and just sits back and watches from his chair like a football fan cheering on their favorite team like he did with Chaos King.

so just read issue 2-3 of the G.ODs so far

the main baddie from issue 1 was revealed to have been brainwashed by a box , the box being created by the in-betweener,

dr strange is so miss written in it, like he says magicians have no friends in this issue, despite him having wong and other friends

the chick the science faction is trying to hired, is a reality bender, she can spoke words of power and the universe bends,

the sidekick of the magic guy is 63 so he has some of immortality or longevity

the main bad villain in issue 3 is a cassandra, one of 5 true aka prohet no one listens to,

the lesser gods are manipulating things behind the scenes

one thing i hate is how this story is making oblivion and asbtracts to be a greater gods despite them being not gods

oblivion speech wasn`t that bad, he talked about how humans lied to themselves and denied the gods faith, humans trying to be like gods, humans being flawed, and them trying to use politics, ideology and more to replace divine worship, humans trying to make other humans follow them

Yup, and he used to be an extremely nice and moral character. The Marvel writers are generally extremely busy with corrupting any characters (and likely readers) that they can get their hands on.
Well, at least they can't corrupt Doom, since he was already an evil piece of work.

The one exception is the end of the 2020 series, as I found their reasoning for Doom wiping out an entire universe to be too petty and over the top.

I don't doom has always been that petty
Oh he is absolutely a petty bastard, but not that petty.

And even if he did, he wouldn't do it for one simple insult about his looks. At least not his modern version, his 60's to 80's version was a bit of a loon at times.

Well at least we know that Deadpool can regenerate while actively being blasted by a nuke instead of only regenerating after the fact.
IMG_5142.jpg
IMG_5143.jpg

IMG_5144.jpg

so finally watched issue 3-5 of immortal thor so far

The elder god was able to escape the far shore so nice range feat

Loki was able to powernull thor dimension travel

callback to demiurge and wiccan

more evidence for AE for elder gods there were callled living concepts

Nice lifting feat for thor him able to stand up to pressure of jupiter

so finally watched issue 3-5 of immortal thor so far

The elder god was able to escape the far shore so nice range feat

Loki was able to powernull thor dimension travel

callback to demiurge and wiccan

more evidence for AE for elder gods there were callled living concepts

Thank you i wasnt aware that he was gonna show up, this would help.
That would grant concept manipulation but im not sure what type is it

No it isn't. Thor has infinite lifting strength feats. Standing on Jupiter should be nothing to him, and was only added out of favouritism for Storm, to not show her to be completely helpless against him, as even her creator Chris Claremont has done, although Thor was later shown to be unaffected by this and all of Storm's other arrogant and vicious attempts to harm him instead of having a calm conversation.

Which reminds me, not only did I find stuff for Dormammu having AE Type 1 (as he is literally called a concept), but I've found stuff for all Gods having it.
Which story did this happen in, and which concept is Dormammu supposed to represent? Tyranny? Megalomania?

ABLVV87cnGb2bV87qr-RkSD9zh4OHWIVtkFhbzQfu6bP2W9RUnMelS8kug-nsPa_1zlV1_ETgqihhKDC62UEgoTyCAbi-yeV16HuSBNAP50WpXtp5bBc-Hs=s0
ABLVV86fv8C-Jeqq-lzEANER_9Pgtn1jM8dp386hyENvGErUd72fW04SE-NiMB6ROqhnoi7uuf6AmrSpkwBVVjUbOJBQ9YnFVcBwknq-l_lyaCHmN-cg5PA=s0

Moon Knight (2021) #30 "The Terminal Seconds of Moon Knight"

With the last issue released a few days now, I can say that Mackay made a pretty good run, possibly one of Marvel's best. It's clear that Marvel demanded that Moon Knight died and Mackay had to come up with a good plan and I think he did pretty well; making Moon Knight sacrifice himself in order to save New York from a soundwave that makes everyone go berserk and attack each other.

ABLVV871Cp7XUQseV8FXk2TEgEs0ei2ovCatoJfuiaWa0Rt48bdR_ifvdzdWwwU5IJMkesDRIDwt4E916C1CzIO5ncQ2w_sRaOjMvdFa-xh3T1OHGHuys7c=s0

Even with his death being extremely obvious, Mackay still was able to make a pretty good emotional scene, highlighting his connections with old and new characters. The new characters like Hunter's Moon were great additions too, making them both likeable while not stealing the quality of the story (Something that Spider-man writers are struggling for a long time since Miles). The run also has a few good feats too, but they didn't go too crazy (Unlike Jason Aaron, lmao).

Can't wait to see Moon Knight resurrected with his MCU's powers.

I think that describing himself as a literal abstract concept seems to be hyperbole on Dormammu's part. He is a member of the Faltine, higher-dimensional magical energy-beings, who has gained additional power and immortality due to the worship of his followers. That is all.

Last edited:
I think that describing himself as a literal abstract concept seems to be hyperbole on Dormammu's part. He is a member of the Faltine, higher-dimensional magical energy-beings, who has gained additional power and immortality due to the worship of his followers. That is all.
I mean he's not contradicted in story, plus all gods in Marvel are concepts.

In a previous issue the Watcher even said that Dormammu would come back because of this stuff.

I feel that if it isn't contradicted in the story, it is probably valid.

Last edited:
Also check this out:

This scan (which is referring to the magic of a Loki disguised as Scarlet Witch) could mean:

1. Marvel Magic is part of M-theory, further supporting it being a Type 1 Universal Concept (although there's already a lot of support for that already).

2. Marvel Magic is at least 11-dimensional in nature.

3. Both.

I mean he's not contradicted in story, plus all gods in Marvel are concepts.

In a previous issue the Watcher even said that Dormammu would come back because of this stuff.

I feel that if it isn't contradicted in the story, it is probably valid.
Hmm. He has otherwise been treated as a powerful higher-dimensional or pan-dimensional entity made of mystical energy though, not a conceptual entity or truly a god or a demon.

Last edited:
Hmm. He has otherwise been treated as a powerful higher-dimensional or pan-dimensional entity made of mystical energy though, not a conceptual entity or truly a god or a demon.
To be fair, Gods in Marvel are shown to be powerful because they are stories that people believe in, making them abstract concepts.

Which fits with how Dormammu (and I believe the Watcher as well) say that as long as there are those who worship and believe in Dormammu, he will come back.

Last edited:
What tier The Griever at the End of All Things should be at currently seems to be listed above eternity and possibly beyond, as well as Multiversal Abstract that embraces the concept of cross entropy. All of existence and destiny to be the last entity standing when it ends, she is "The end of all that is and always will be "

The Abstracts' power fluctuates as their concept waxes or wanes. For example, if the entire universe was dying, Death would be more powerful than Eternity.
She is said to last after the last light of eternity is extinguished, and she will continue to exist in the same manner as oblivion

In Quasar, it's explained that, out of all the universal Abstracta (including Eternity, Oblivion, Infinity, etc), only Anomaly could survive if universal expansion was reversed until the universe was effectively destroyed and became a single, anomalous point with no real dimensions.

Basically, being able to survive the end of the universe/multiverse is doable for certain Abstracts, especially under certain conditions.

In Quasar, it's explained that, out of all the universal Abstracta (including Eternity, Oblivion, Infinity, etc), only Anomaly could survive if universal expansion was reversed until the universe became a single, anomalous point with no real dimensions.

Basically, being able to survive the end of the universe/multiverse is doable for certain Abstracts, especially under certain conditions.
Please check this out:

Back