• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Power of The Light (Library of Ruina)

CurrySenpai

She/Her
FC/OC VS Battles
Content Moderator
This was a long time coming but before we make Library of Ruina profiles it is probably important that we discuss all the shenanigans and bullshittery that take place. I'll be presenting everything one by one and hopefully, we can come to an agreement or consensus by the end of this thread on certain topics.

The Light and The Library
Throughout the course of Library of Ruina it is mentioned quite a lot that the light is VERY powerful and as a byproduct of that the Library is as well. You have multiple statements like these implying the library has infinite space and power.
image.png

image.png

image.png

Well, what exactly does this mean, why am I bringing it up? I think it's important we establish just how powerful the light is as it is the main thing fueling the Librarians and later some enemies.
The Library in and of itself is pretty much its own universe with infinite space as stated by multiple reliable sources. Now the Library is Angela's EGO but obviously, none of it would have been possible without the light boosting it (at least I'm p sure) but that could be a potential creation feat.

Distorted Argalia's Grand Finale
Next things next since that's done, let's discuss the recent elephant in the room. The Reverberation Ensemble, specifically their distorted forms.
Earlier I had brought up the potential of a 4-A AP rating via Argalia's Grand Finale attack thanks to the sandbox of @CrimsonStarFallen. In it we very clearly see the entire surroundings change to what is a starry night sky, presumably space, and Argalia then delivers his attack. Now there have been plenty of examples of characters changing the surroundings of the library (Philip, Tomerry, Roland, etc.) but this is clearly something else as later when Argalia prepares the attack once more we very clearly see a sort of sphere being charged up before Roland slices through it. This leads me to believe that clearly, this is just a straight-up attack rather than a flashy visual effect. You have to keep in mind as well that at this moment these characters are all supercharged by the light, and we've already established just how powerful The Light is, not to mention Argalia is Distorted and Distortion/EGO can give crazy powerups, so those two things combined would surely justify this jump in power.

Now clearly this is a Light thing. Argalia never was able to do something like this and even though Roland did cut through the attack and the other librarians can/did survive it, it doesn't make much sense for these characters to be 4-A outside of The Library.

That's why for profiles I propose that the Impuritas Civitatis keys look somewhat like this 8-B (or whatever rating it will be), 4-A while powered by the Light. Pretty simple.

As for scaling, I think all the Librarians and Distorted Reverb People should scale since they're all powered by the light at that moment and are fighting against or with Argalia.

That's pretty much it

TL;DR The Light is strong, there are multiple statements that confirm this and as such it can greatly power others. Argalia's Grand Finale attack is an actual feat but it only applies when powered by the Light

Current Conclusions: An At Most rating seems to be the most reasonable thing to go with for now.

Last edited:
I'm quite iffy on it as I mentioned in the discussion thread.

I'm more in favour of a "possibly" or "at most" rating if it comes down to it.

Still 4-A PM is based.

I'm quite iffy on it as I mentioned in the discussion thread.

I'm more in favour of a "possibly" or "at most" rating if it comes down to it.

Still 4-A PM is based.
Understandable, just thought it’d be best to present my points so in a CRT so we can have a more open discussion. I would be fine with At Most maybe possibly but I still think this is a legitimate feat/thing that happened.

why not just wait until the ruina profiles are out the oven
Cause this was gonna happen one way or another and no one's REALLY working on them as far as I now. Might as well get this done and over with so if someone wants to make profiles (probably me) they know what route to go with.

Sadly I've been too busy doing stuff to grab a staff member, I'll get back to this when I can but I am tiiiiiired.

Not as bad a necro but still one. I think Dongbaek's fight helps give some more supporting evidence to these background changes occurring from EGO or Distortion as more than cosmetic and actual changes in the surrounding world, think a reality marble.
Cutscene in question

IDK if it’s like a piece of common flavor dialogue but iirc the announcer you use for the fight even mentions “oh wow they just did something.”

Not as bad a necro but still one. I think Dongbaek's fight helps give some more supporting evidence to these background changes occurring from EGO or Distortion as more than cosmetic and actual changes in the surrounding world, think a reality marble.
Cutscene in question
Honestly yeah, this is pretty much a reality marble, so would this instead be considered pocket reality manipulation?

WAIT THEN WHY DIDNT YOU GUYS SUPPORT ME MORE
WHERE WAS YOU WHEN I NEEDED YOU

What was there to support. I didnt even realized this was ever a issue, considering that Distortion Detective has been out for years at this point, which blatantly spells it out that Distortion and E.G.O's can have pocket dimensions.

And like, the topic at hand has been basically solved as well no? We all more or less agreed to a possible, at most 4-A rating inside the Library overloaded with Light.

What was there to support. I didnt even realized this was ever a issue, considering that Distortion Detective has been out for years at this point, which blatantly spells it out that Distortion and E.G.O's can have pocket dimensions.

And like, the topic at hand has been basically solved as well no? We all more or less agreed to a possible, at most 4-A rating inside the Library overloaded with Light.
True... Do you have scans from DD? That'd be really helpful for me to put into IMGUR or something just so we have them as proof in case anyone questions it in the future.

Well I guess we just wait till staff show up but Impuritas Keys are gonna be 8-B, At Most 4-A while powered by the Light.

Sounds about right, although will that be for purely environmental or not?

There's also the matter of other E.G.O in the franchise.

Xiao's has a sun appear in hers.

Edit: Linking here will help

Sounds about right, although will that be for purely environmental or not?

There's also the matter of other E.G.O in the franchise.

Xiao's has a sun appear in hers.

Edit: Linking here will help
Since Roland cuts through Grand Finale and the librarians can survive said attack I think it’ll be fine to scale it to actual AP, Dura, etc.

As for the others we’ll do it on a per EGO basis and judge things from there. Xiao’s is probably just only environmental.

It wont scale to E.G.O nilly willy; The only reason i reluctantly agree to a select few scaling to it is because Argalia actually turned it into a scaleable thing by attacking Roland with it, with Roland subsequently destroying it. Its not Argalia gettting 4A because of his pocket Dimension, but rather because he actually whacks people with it.

Glad that’s settled. Guess my next step is making a Roland profile.

Back