• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Player (Wizard101) vs. Giorno Giovanna

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not in character for Giorno to try age manipulation on someone.

He's done some crazy stuff but accelerating one's age until they die isn't one of them. Neither Giorno nor GER is going to look at the Wizard and think "I'm gonna have to accelerate his age".

If he sits there trying ways to actually deal with this dude, and exhaust his options, he will eventually his age manipulation. This will be after the equivolent of a 17 page muda barage of course

"eventually use his age manip"

Won't happen if he's dead. In arc 2, he didn't have to choose between good and evil like he does in arc 3. He'll go for the kill immediately, like he always does. He induces shadow into gio and it's all over.

And I'm not sure age manip would work really. Wizards in the game are centuries old, and are nowhere near dying. The headmaster who is "multiple centuries old", said The Player could live to take over his position as headmaster

Because it automatically negates and undoes all actions taken against Giorno. Even if you managed to somehow land a hit without getting negated, it would be immediately undone after that

That sounds like heavy NLF

I really don't think he would be able to do anything when The Player induces him with shadow magic. It's mind control/morality manipulation. At worst this is inconclusive because I don't see anyway in which Gio could kill The Player.

Not really lol. He is at High 3-A because his hax have proven to work on a 4D scale, so nothing is being pushed past what has already been proven

He won't be able to use it tho, since it just gets set to 0. Giorno can incapacitate with Will Power Manip or exhaust his life span

That still sounds like NLF. By that logic, no one will be able to beat him/ The Player won't be able to do anything so it'll be a stomp

You just gotta have some resistance or have a passive ability to win. It being absolute does not make it a NLF. Makes him very hard to match, but He isnt unbeatable.

Shadow Magic is passive (At least with Grandfather Spider)

Anyway, then it's a stomp. The Player can literally do nothing if it does turns everything to 0.

How did I forgot

The Player's probability can likely counteract the causality Manipulation, making it a 0% chance of Gio's causality Manipulation saving/working in the first place. Honestly the "limited" before the probability Manipulation shouldn't even be there, it's shown to work on shadow magic, which is universal+ range of reality warping

But I'm voting Inconclusive. It's a who hit's first in most scenario's, if Gio doesn't defeat him quickly, The Player can induce shadow and reduce the probability of his causality manipulation working. They both have a lot of counters to each other, and I'm not certain Wizards can even be affected by old age. Furthermore, he can just resurrect if it comes to him reaching a possible end to his life span. I'll prob make a CRT

Lonky The Hero said:
I think the Gio thing is NLF, but yeah, Probability Manip wins here.
Again, how exactly is it a NLF? He isn't pushing past any limit he hasn't dealt with before. Are you going to claim that he shouldn't be able to use causality manip on a specific kind of power or what?

There is no evidence suggesting that any damage done to Giorno would immediately be negated.

Diavolo used Epitaph to predict him punching Giorno through the chest, but it never actually happened because GER stopped it from happening. So if The Player somehow lands a hit before GER can reset, he wins.

Va color v17 043
Va color v17 044
Probably not going to happen, though. As GER doesn't need to make contact for its ability to work; as long as The Player is within GER's attention, they're at its mercy. Meanwhile for The Player, I presume they actually have to put forth the effort to cast a spell for their Probability Manipulation to work, and that puts them at a disadvantage, as GER can just sorta think and make it happen. 9 times out of 10 GER would be able to act first.

Black mantle (The spell for the prob manipulation) takes 3 secondsish, and The Player himself won't need to make contact for with Gio for it to go of. He can also resurrect himself if need be.

The problem however, shadow magic is it's own entity, sort of like GER. If the shadow itself can reach him, then it would be the same scenario if Gio were to win. Shadow magic in one swoop took over Sofia darkside, nullified all her powers (including matter manipulation and universal levels of reality warping) then turned her into a statue. Honestly if GER comes anywhere near, the shadow can nullify his powers, turn him into statue, take him over, or do all at once.

GER vs a type of magic that can bend, refinie and rebuild the essence of reality, nullify powers, turn things into statue, heal, and take over minds.

At best this is inconclusive, by a way of who hits first (In my opinion it's The Player, he has no problem killing even though he is a force of good. Or so we thought at this point in the game, and usually tries to end fights as soon as he can). I really don't think GER could do anything to Shadow Magic, it will likely just get nullified by the shadow. Perhaps you can argue since The Player has never fought anyone that isn't evil (this point of the game), he will be less likely to use shadow magic, but that's heavy assumption

No,GER's ability is to protect Gio from anything that wants to harm him plus his ability though based so wizard and the shadow gets frozen from the get go.

Hell,he can eveen revert back things that already killed him,Diavolo crushed his skull with a punch and eveen then he reverted that effect back.

28811f2fcef147e6642a68f208ce62eebce59cef 1114254 1560 1200
This.

Ad4ab8e285e7dd9d75d0f9bd9491ff7301eccc82 1139977 1560 1200
And also this.

He Got skull crushed by king crimson and then when GER appeared he was just okay one second later.

In the second scan Giorno fell into the ground with a bunch of blood on his face,that would imply that he also got injuried.

While the shadow magic would be able to bend the nature of reality, The Player actually has to successfully cast said magic in the first place and certainly doesn't doesn't bend reality with his mere presence alone.

So my point still stands; The Player has to manually cast the spells while GER just has to think for the zero reset to happen. That gives Giorno an edge, and 9/10 times GER will pull it off first.

Also, it's not like Giorno is going to hold back either. Especially since he's practically anti-hero, and GER acts on its own anyways. It's even been remarked before by Bruno that when Giorno says he's going to kill, he's going to kill and he's dead serious about it.

No, the shadow magic is always present around him and active. Much like how GER protects Gio, shadow protects The Player (As long as he doesn't make it angry). He can enhance his spells in shadow, and he needs to manually cast that yes, but not the shadow magic itself. The abilities of shadow magic (power null, reality warping etc.) are not actual spells that you have to cast.

Edit: Voting for The Player because of this. Furthermore, the new world came out yesterday, and we learned shadow magic can make warped reflections of life and death paradox chains, reality, etc. Could probably make a warped reflection of GER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back