• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Player (Wizard101) vs Antasma

I don't see much going for Antasma just judging by the page (I've never played a Mario game). Most of what's on his page are stuff that the Player fights pretty regularly by Arc 2.

Antasma could potentially pull a win via Sleep/Dream Manipulation but the Player has shown resistance to sleep manipulation before too and what's more, his magic is shown to work in dream worlds (although that only happens later in Arc 3).

Everything else he has is irrelevant for the Player because the Player has spells to protect himself against everything listed and can even do most of the things listed.

Voting for the Player then, since Player severely outhaxes, and has dealt with creatures similar to Antasma. Player would adapt quickly and use any number of spells to win.

Looking at both profiles, I'm assuming that'd be his Existence Erasure if he can even us it, though I'm nowhere near knowledgeable enough to confirm that.

I would have liked if I had gotten a more concrete answer to my question, you know... can Antasma use the Existence Erasure or not?

He can only do it theoretically with the Dark Stone (so 2-B Antasma). Even then it's a bit iffy, but I digress.

Antasma's first move is usually portalling into the Dream World, giving him an advantage. His sleep manip activates with pretty much all of his attacks and affects Mario who has a natural resistance to sleep manip that put an entire island to sleep. For what its worth, he also has full body forcefields that are completely impervious to an amped Mario's strongest hits and heal Antasma while he's inside.

The Player does seem very haxed though, so that's a big problem.

"Victory by sleep" would be a viable victory condition if it can break through sleep resistance. Though it'd probably depend on how fast the effect is. I could imagine a delayed activation giving the Player a timelimit within which the player would have to win or be put to sleep if he runs out of time.

The Player can also enter dream worlds and survive in there; He has been in other people's dream and technically won even when the person manipulated their own dream to make him lose. In fact when he entered Young Morganthe's dream, he felt her entire history, her pain, her sorrows, battles among other things and managed to survive. As for how fast The Player would act and kill; It would depend if he knows Mario is out to kill him too. The Player is willing to kill quickly if the circumstance asks for it in the game

Also to note, Myth Magic which he is capable off, is all about manipulating your own dreams and bringing them back into real life, so dream world things isn't something he hasn't handled before.

That's still rather different from having that sort of dreamworld as your primary battle method. The Player would obviously be able to fight back, but the fact that Antasma has a feat of sleep manipulation breaking through an enemy's resistance to sleep manipulation means that it should still work on the Player eventually. But with the hax advantage the odds still seem to favor the player... sleep manipulation would be of no use if Antasma was already dead by that time...

Back