• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agnaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Gold Supporter
The profile for The Player is extremely weird and non-standard compared to other profiles with vague meta references to the IRL player.

To bring it more in line with other profiles, all wording along the lines of "Varies for their real self" should be removed. We're not tiering every single human on Earth that has ever played DDLC, we are tiering the in-game entity based on the in-game feats.

The speed rating is also very weird. Here's what it is currently:
Unknown (Is not bound by the laws of the game and was unaffected by its deletion; however it may not be applicable given DDLC's metafictional nature, and the player being treated as a regular human)
This seems like it's possibly a relic of Monika/Sayori having Infinite speed. But to my recall Monika had the same feat as The Player did and she's rated at Average Human, so I think The Player's speed should be changed to that.

I also find some other wording on the profile weird but I'm not sure what to do with it:
Resistance to Plot Manipulation (Their true form is unaffected by the plot of the game in any way)
Low Multiversal with their powers (Can affect the game, a reality/universe they don't belong to and exist outside of)
I'm not sure that those ratings should be removed but the wording in the justification feels strange to me.

And lastly, the feat listed seems a bit weird to me:
Can erase individual timelines or erase the game as a whole simply by closing the game.
I don't get how the game's meant to be erased. The phenomenon this seems to be referring to (Monika talking about having a nightmarish experience when the game's closed) doesn't seem like the actual erasures of the game that we see, and on a more meta level seem to be a metaphor for how the RAM a game occupies gets occupied by different programs once the game's closed. Which I don't really take as analogous to the game being erased.

Bump.

Bump.

There is a potential viable profile here, but there may be enough issues with it to warrant deletion rn if people aren't willing to fix it.

Looking at it further I'm also not sure why it has Self-Sustenance or Breaking the Fourth Wall.

Breaking the 4th Wall is likely because of DDLC being like this itself. Idk about the other tho.

No reason for that to be given to the Player, tho.

Idk how characters which are directly on thr other side of the 4th Wall are treated with Breaking, but I don't mind it being removed.

Bump.

Bump.

No reason for that to be given to the Player, tho.
I remember vaguely that after Sayori becomes president, the player says something along the lines of “there is no hope here, goodbye literature club,” however it has been a while, so take it with a grain of salt.

Monika says that, iirc.

She realized that even without her, the club president would be given her knowledge, meaning that no-one could be happy, so she said that and erased the game for good.

Yeah, that was Monika saying/doing that.

Bump.

This seems fine and uncontroversial to apply.

I've made the changes, this thread can be closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back