• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
On the CSGO player page, it says approx this: "Athletic Human while bunny-hopping (Doubles the base speed)"

However, this is blatantly untrue. As seen within THIS video, velocity always goes down after the 300 velocity standard. So taking the maximum that you can realistically get on that final jump verging on 300 (so around 305 ~ 310) you'd get 5.9m/s on the high end (310) which would grant Average Human Level speeds (5 - 7.7m/s)

So should be changed to: "Average Human Level while bunny-hopping (Increases the base speed to 310 hammer units, which is equal to 5.9 meters per second.)"

Besides that, a minor critique: "Below Average Human movement speed (Moves up to 260 hammer units per second)" You actually run 250 hammer units with the knife out, not 260, as even stated by the source provided.

So should be changed to: "Below Average Human movement speed (Moves up to 250 hammer units per second, which is equal to 4.76 meters per second.)

That's about it.

Edit: Decoy Grenades aren't illusions, they're sounds of the gun fired to fool the enemy.

Last edited:
As someone who made calculations involving Hammer Units for other valve games (TF2 and Half-Life), I can tell you that the default value for Hammer Units (1.905cm) that was accepted and most used in the past is quite wrong.
Most Player characters are 72 hammer units tall, which puts them at 137cm tall with the default Hammer Units, so we need to compare the Hammer Units to an object instead for a more accurate conversion.

I do have calculations that use HU for Counter-Strike prepared, but I'll focus only on what's important for the CRT.
Basically, the default speed would be 5.9 m/s to 6 m/s at minimum and the bunny-hopping speed would be 7.3 m/s based on what you provided. Even then, I think they should just be scaled to Athletic Human because they are trained soldiers that are part of special forces and limiting them to the speed they have in-game is kinda bad.

As someone who made calculations involving Hammer Units for other valve games (TF2 and Half-Life), I can tell you that the default value for Hammer Units (1.905cm) that was accepted and most used in the past is quite wrong.
Most Player characters are 72 hammer units tall, which puts them at 137cm tall with the default Hammer Units, so we need to compare the Hammer Units to an object instead for a more accurate conversion.

I do have calculations that use HU for Counter-Strike prepared, but I'll focus only on what's important for the CRT.
Basically, the default speed would be 5.9 m/s to 6 m/s at minimum and the bunny-hopping speed would be 7.3 m/s based on what you provided. Even then, I think they should just be scaled to Athletic Human because they are trained soldiers that are part of special forces and limiting them to the speed they have in-game is kinda bad.
Makes sense, always thought that CSGO players being below average speed also felt odd. Apologies, was using old calculations based on what I could find.

Should I edit the CRT?

Back