• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The Pig vs Amanda Young

Rules:

• AY starts in hiding and has both her pistol and the shotgun collar. She knowns TP can one shot her.
  • TP knows about the AP difference and that AY has a handgun.
  • Fight takes place in a large empty elemetry school. They start on opposite sides of the building.
  • Speed is =
Results:

TP:

AY:

Incon:

I suppose Amanda could simply use gas poison, use the antidote and then hide inside a Glass Coffin to avoid being killed, while she waits for the poison to kill The Pig on occasion.

With two weeks of prep, she would have obviously had the time to put one inside that house.

Wasn't one of the traps just a bunch of guns wired to a tripwire? Something like that should kill pig.

Wokistan said:
Wasn't one of the traps just a bunch of guns wired to a tripwire? Something like that should kill pig.
Would TP not see the tripwire? Also why does TP have Immortality (Type 7)?

"Type 7, appears to have been resurrected by the Entity after her death in Saw III" evidence for that?

One was just attached to some random door, and those cops didn't see the tripwire in the movie.

It's in her bio I think

But she became more dependent on John, her anguish at his impending death combining with a belief that their test subjects weren't capable of saving themselves, of being reborn in the crucible of the games.

Seeing this, John presented her with another game, another chance to save herself, but Amanda let her rage and jealousy rule her actions. She failed the test and took a bullet as a consequence.

Bleeding out on the tiled floor, darkness engulfed Amanda's vision, accompanied by a sound like creaking wood. Then she was in a forest, once more viewing the world through the eyes of a Pig. Trees surrounded her, their branches clawing at her from all sides. Waves of panic washed over her and she could hear her breath reverberating inside the mask.

Had she been damned, cursed to spend her days here, in this guise? Or maybe this was another test? Maybe she hadn't failed at all? John always thought one step ahead of everyone else, planned for every eventuality, and he would never give up on her, surely?

I know poison takes time, but not _that much_ time, and Amanda could easily hide and wait for The Pig to die even without the coffin, even though I believe she should have access to it.

WeeklyBattles said:
I need to look into it but The Pig might have type 8 based on The Entity (Dead By Daylight)
I'm in the middle of working on a CRT for Dead by Daylight, so I'll see what's there.

Amanda's profile is somewhat misleading as it suggests she was capable of creating those things herself, which she really wasn't. John was typically responsible for trap design and Hoffman, having experience with designing his own traps, helped in that regard. Amanda usually served as the fetcher, because John had Hoffman to do most of the heavy lifting in terms of setting things like the the Angel Trap up, as I believe that it was a plot point that detectives believed John had another accomplice besides Amanda because the thought it was unlikely that she was strong enough to help him with set-up.

"Amanda's profile is somewhat misleading as it suggests she was capable of creating those things herself, which she really wasn't. John was typically responsible for trap design and Hoffman, having experience with designing his own traps, helped in that regard. Amanda usually served as the fetcher, because John had Hoffman to do most of the heavy lifting in terms of setting things like the the Angel Trap up, as I believe that it was a plot point that detectives believed John had another accomplice besides Amanda because the thought it was unlikely that she was strong enough to help him with set-up."

You have a fair point, though she isn't unimpresive physically, as she is shown overpower athlete level characters. The plot point does seem to point at her being able to lift less than say Hoffman or John in his prime (but at this point he was getting rather weaked by sickness so iirc Strahm had pointed that out). Thing is Amanda not lifting people doesn't mean she doesn't have any idea how to make traps, as John did have her so she could take over his work when he died. She is likely less than Hoffman, Kramer, and Nelson, but not unimpresive. She still would have access to already created traps. Thing is she has such a short list of traps she had any influence in so she is kinda screwed in some situations. I mean, she doesn't have shotguns doors or hallway, no bombs, etc. She does have a gun though, as well as a, while slow, potent posion that will cause the Pig to have issues in the fight.

Immortality (Type 8), if accepted, would make this unfair though. Think survivors have some type of immortality for iirc, they can't die..at least being resurrected or something. Shown in the trailer and in the line "Death is not an escape". I could be very wrong with this point, as I often am.

She was supposed to carry on his work as much as Hoffman was, he was the first apprentice.

There's no implication that she had anything to do with the traps listed besides being there, she was always a part set-up as John needed the extra assistance.

Anything from Saw 2 didn't have anything to do with her as she took part as a person stuck in the house, just as a way to eventually smuggle the detective's son out.

Amanda's primary involvement in the Angel Trap wasn't construction because she had no mechanical experience, she had tampered with the locks to prevent Kerry from succeeding at all.

Also, Amanda never was in charge of the shackles, and it was John who used it.

She should only have access to the house by location, and not much else.

Hmm..fair points. Probably should remove her prep tier then and close this thread. Thanks for being level headed and giving reasoning. I will make a revision thread.

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
or should I just remove it because I made the profile?
She can keep the shotgun trap, as it seemed already prepped from what I remember and she was given it to use.

Other than that, the trap stuff should go.

Abstractions said:
HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
or should I just remove it because I made the profile?
She can keep the shotgun trap, as it seemed already prepped from what I remember and she was given it to use.
Other than that, the trap stuff should go.
Ok then. Thanks for clearing this up :)

Back