• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Phoenix Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eficiente

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
& some downgrades

I've been working on this for a while and I was going to make a blog explaining everything about it, but at one point my computer died and I lost everything.

We need to remove the following things from its/her profile: Immortality type 8, Physics Manipulation, Power Nullification & Abstract Existence.

She should have 2 keys: Restricted/Incarnatio and Full Power/The Cosmos, she definitely isn't 2-A all the time, given her size manip the first key should be "Varies from Below Average Human level to Multiverse level" in AP and dura with its variants in Lifting Strength and Striking Strength.

No sure how to handle speed, even at her weakest she can fly at MFTL+ speeds, and around the Cosmos/Multiverse yet she is consistently comparable to humans. Its second key should be Omnipresent for being the Cosmos.

She also lacks the following powers:

I think that this seems to make sense.

I was also going to add justifications to the powers she already has and would appreciate to have her profile permanently unlocked.

We don't permanently unlock tier 2 profiles, but I will temporarily unlock this page for you. Tell me here when you are done.

Okay. Feel free to make the other additions as well.

Sorry for being late. I agree, 2-A should be for her "true" form, and not her avatars. I think her avatars should be "varies from 10-C (Grew to the size of a cell) to 3-A (Grew so large that the entire universe was like a cell in comparison to her). If I missed where Multiverse level comes from, let me know.

The powers seem fine as well.

2-B has to involve space-time, so simply being immensely larger than universes isn't really 2-B. It's just really, really high 3-A.

None really.

Edit: Iirc the "Illustration of Phoenix" was made by her.

I will later propose and add some more powers, I'm watching an old OVA she had.

She apparently makes an appearance in the 60s Astro Boy anime too but my boxset doesn't have the episode. Speaking of powers, Astro has a ton of new powers in that series, most notably Transmutation and Transformation.

tfw Astro probably has a Tier 2 feat in a game you can't play anymore, and there's no finished lets plays of it.

Astro Boy: Edge of Time

The main villain, "Demon King Goa", who I presume Astro defeated was said to have tore apart entire universes and destroyed worlds.

I will definitely research that someday. Hopefully the feat isn't an outlier.

I remember her appearing in the Astro Boy series as well. In fact, in the show, didnt she hold the literal secrets of the universe's origin?

Im gonna try and find a link to this bit.

Ok! So, she is known as Cosmozone 2772 by the humans in this OVA, and is classified as a monster.
Phoenix turns Godo into a baby
More sh*t for the gallery

Edit: Maybe also Self-Density Manipulation?

Is this information canon to Tezuka's original manga?

It's based on it. The OVA was written by Osamu Tezuka and takes place in his "star system", Phoenix acts different from how she does in the manga only momentarily.

Okay. If it was written by the original author, I suppose that it should probably be fine.

Perhaps we should make her profile a Composite one, a little bit of information is from the game Astro Boy Omega Factor which was just based on Tezuka's works. She likely has no true canon anyway.

Well, I suppose that might work, but I would prefer more community input first.

Tezuka canon is weird. I think any official material is fine, given her status as one with the infinite multiverse. I guess the exception would be stuff that completely contradicts the nature of the multiverse and the Gold Key comic one-shot which is barely official.

In lack of further input, I suppose that you can probably go ahead.

I will unlock the profile. Tell me here when you are done.

Done. Should we give Astro Boy a Composite Key? He currently has the same powers, Stamina, Range, Standard Equipment & Intelligence in all his keys.

I am not sure. He seems to have several quite different incarnations.

I think a composite page for Astro is fine at this point. I mean, we have:

• Original manga
  • 50s Tokusatsu show
  • 60s anime
  • 60s Gold Key comic
  • 80s anime
  • 80s Now comics
  • 2003 anime
  • 2003 manga
  • 2003 video games
  • 2009 film, comic and game
  • 2010s Nigerian reboot (i'm still surprised that's a thing)
  • Astro Boy: Edge of Time
  • Three new upcoming series.
And a ton of minor, obscure incarnations.

Fitting all of those on one page will be a nightmare, and a page for each incarnation might not resonate well with others. I think composite is a good compromise.

I think it should be fine we've done similar for other characters with a similar situation (Link,Godzilla Ect)

@Darkanine

Okay. I suppose that you are correct.

Yeah I think another page is warranted at this point or else it just cram the page more than it already is.

I'll start researching more of the 60s anime shortly. He Transmuted stuff in The Sphinx if I recall.

how strong is composite astro boi

how many versions are there, i dont mind separate pages just for the ones we got if those are the significant ones

Obviously High 2-A for seeing the multiverse as a movie productio

Astro Boy: Edge of Time has 3-A/Low 2-C feats, not sure if they scale to Astro though.

Otherwise, probably 4-C, FTL. He gets a crazy amount of powers though.

I swear the writing process or the 60s anime was just "**** it, lets has Astro turn into a car now".

Theirs an episode where Astro travels to Mars to help fight off an army of intergaltic starfish aliens wit guns for mouths who fly around in trying chicken eggs.

It gives the Silver Age a run for its money..

Right off the bat composite Astro should have 4th wall awareness if he doesn't already based off this, and I guess Electricity Manipulation for being able to powering other robots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back