• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The omnitrix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it should be added that the omnitrix has a resurrection function reason being that the creator of the omnitrix himself says that any of the alien species can come back to life including humans here's the link it was also shown here

Bring back doesn't necessarily mean that it revives the member, it seems more likely that it is a fail safe that keeps species from extinction, or revivessels them once they are extinct.

Yobobojojo said:
Bring back doesn't necessarily mean that it revives the member, it seems more likely that it is a fail safe that keeps species from extinction, or revivessels them once they are extinct.
"The omnitrix can return to life any species the hybreed exterminates INCLUDING the humans race"

Yobobojojo said:
The species as a whole, not the members
But he said to Ben with the omnitrix you have the ability to return to life any species including the human race why would he say that to Ben i mean if Ben gets exterminated there would be no way to even bring back the species because he'd already be dead unless he meant it can resurrect him

Yobobojojo said:
Yes but we can assume that this is true, especially since the Omnitrix is a DNA weapon.
He literally says it can return to life but you're just gonna assume something else that wasn't even said AT ALL? Also the omnitrix has other functions than just DNA stuff

Return to life is an itchy subject in Ben 10. Even alien x can only copy people, not bring them back to life. (P.S. Trust me, I wish we could assume this, but this wiki is very strict with this sort of thing)

Yobobojojo said:
Return to life is an itchy subject in Ben 10. Even alien x can only copy people, not bring them back to life. (P.S. Trust me, I wish we could assume this, but this wiki is very strict with this sort of thing)
But you're assuming that he meant something else shouldn't that be against the rules then? I mean don't you think the smartest guy in the whole universe would just say exactly that it's just restoring DNA and also there is no way for the hybreed to get rid of DNA stored in the omnitrix so i doubt that in this scenario azmuth would be talking about something like that and also vilgax was literally returned to life by animo also if Alien X can create a UNIVERSE i doubt he wouldn't be able to return someone to life.

From what I am reading it really depends on the context. I can absolutely see "bringing back humans" as a revival of the species via copies in some situations, but just be outright Resurrection in others.

As much as I would love to put an outright stamp of approval or disapproval on this, I am not knowledgeable enough on the verse to say one way or the other. Sorry if this doesn't help.

From what I remember, what was intended is that the Omnitrix stores the DNA of different species, so new members can be produced if one of them is exterminated. That is all. Resurrection was never stated or implied as far as I am aware.

Antvasima said:
From what I remember, what was intended is that the Omnitrix stores the DNA of different species, so new members can be produced if one of them is exterminated. That is all. Resurrection was never stated or implied as far as I am aware.
How would one of them even be exterminated inside of the omnitrix? Why would Azmuth include the human race if Ben is human?

No, he meant that since their genes were backed up, if one of the races were exterminated, they could be restored with new members. That's it.

I agree with Ant. Also why wouldn't human DNA be added? This is the big picture. Ben may not be the permanent wielder of the Omnitrix.

I think that we should preferably close this thread.

I agree. I'll give one more chance for response, but I don't see this going anywhere and don't see the validity of conventional Resurrection here.

I'm sorry but this is actually pretty dull Azmuth literally says "can bring back to life any species" how is that not resurrection and please explain to me what you mean with "restore"

Well, since even Liger686 agrees with me, it seems best if we close this thread now, to avoid going around in circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back