• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Official Calculation Requests Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there was already a thread here discussing this but no conclusion was reached or it was rejected.

Alright, so I'm going through a bunch of Bionicle media to rescale things to different feats and get everything perfect.

Here are some feats I've found so far that I'd appreciate were calced (put into this collapsible due to length);

Feats
Tahu melts sand
Tahu melts "a few thousand tons of sand", turning it into glass. (Feat context)

Bionicle Storm
Gali and Lewa combine their powers to make this storm. (Feat context)

Gali wave
Gali Nuva is described as being easily able to resolve the issue of that tidal wave. (That's the only page that's shown, so no context, really.)

Onua lifts
Boulder melts

Onua Nuva lifts that boulder, and then Pahrak-Kal melts it. (Feat context)

Gali wave again
Gali Nuva made this wave. (Feat context)

Tahu mountain
Tahu Nuva knocks off a mountaintop. (Feat context)

I realize this is a lot; not all of them are necessary, and I'll appreciate any calcs.

Thank you in advance; if anyone has any questions, just go on my wall.

I have just one request, I really hope it can be calculated:

The mushroom cloud can be seen at 1:18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw64Hee81ts

Kamen Rider Ichigo/1 and Kamen Rider Nigo/2 survived an atomic bomb at point blank range, the explosion is so big that it can be seen from the horizon.

This would scale to: Their Durability (Since they survived it), their AP and striking strength (Because they can fight monsters that can hurt them)

How fast is this?

"Hmph, trying to escape is futile. Old sun here is very confident in my lightning speed.Even far into the distance a hundred and eight thousand li away, I can cover it with a single leap---Hmm!?"

Li(Úçî ): a traditional Chinese unit of distance. 108000 li would be equivalent to 54000 km or 33554 mi.

TheSandman31 said:
How fast is this?
"Hmph, trying to escape is futile. Old sun here is very confident in my lightning speed. Even far into the distance a hundred and eight thousand li away, I can cover it with a single leap---Hmm!?"

Li(Úçî ): a traditional Chinese unit of distance. 108000 li would be equivalent to 54000 km or 33554 mi.
Assuming that he did it in one second, that would be 54,000,000 m/s, or 0.18c - Relativistic.

Assuming that he did it in five seconds, that would be 10,800,000 m/s, or 0.036c - Sub-Relativistic.

Assuming ten seconds, that would be 5,400,000 m/s, or 0.018c - Sub-Relativistic.

Does anyone know how much energy it would take to completely vaporise a six city block radius? Vaporisation of cement and vaporisation of Granite as Low and high ends.

I forgot what chapter it's in. Sorry. Jonathan or AMM might know.

seriously tho, this looks quite impressive. it currently says that sweet masks lifting strength is class 50. this is definitely MUCH more than that

No discussion within the request thread please.

I'm back with more Bionicle feats from the comics, now that I've finished them.

Feats
Nokama Storm
Nokama accidentally causes this storm. Context - Page 9.

Umbra Disarm
Umbra disarms the Toa Inika in a millisecond. Context - Page 8.

This wouldn't really scale to anyone, as Umbra's using a special technique where he turns into a light and moves at lightspeed, but I think it'd be good to get it calced anyways (and he curves as a laser, though he later gets reflected all over the place).

Hydraxon Missile
Hydraxon blows up an undersea mountain. Context - Page 3.

Bionicle Storm 2
Gali and Lewa Nuva make a storm again. Context - Page 5.

And some written feats.

"Thok reached out with his power over the inanimate to bring the mountainside to life. Now resembling a stone giant, it towered 50 feet in the air as it lumbered towards the Toa.

The creature's shadow fell over the heroes. Pohatu looked up and knew immediately what he had to do. He would make the Piraka regret using stone for their attack. Sending his elemental power forward in waves, he seized control of the giant, shattered it into pieces, and sent the rubble flying toward the assembled Piraka."

• I got this from Makuta's Guide to the Universe, but I don't know what book it's originally from. I doubt it'd be super impressive, but it's something.
"Even as he gloats over his triumph, I am summoning every last bit of moisture from the air for hundreds of kios around. I am merging it together, bending it to my will, preparing to unleash all my elemental power in one single explosion of force.

And I do ... and I hope to the Great Beings I never will again.

A wall of water a thousand feet high crashes into the realm of Karzahni, shattering buildings, leveling everything and everyone in its path."

• This is from the seventh Entry of the Toa Nuva Blog. It's Gali unleashing her Nova Blast, which destroys the island of Karzahni, the size of which is a question from below, though it should be in the Large Island range at the least. For reference; 1 kio = 0.85 miles / 1.37 kilometers.
Also, one last thing:

• The size of Metru Nui and Karzahni based on this map and what tier you'd have to be to destroy them, scaled to the Mata Nui in the corner, and its canon measurements of 489.09 km in length and 243.86 km in width.
I will forever appreciate anyone who does these.

Could someone calc what it would take to slag one of these?

By the way, they're built with a metal called Quadanium Steel, which is denser and stronger than normal steel.

This is a broad request but I would like to get a calc on the maximum speed of the Halo jet pack as this is not stated in the halo wiki for this item I present this feat

https://youtu.be/37O9vGuy6xM?t=99

Technically cannon event pre halo reach as a means to calculate the possible top speed... if possible. This jet pack was capable of letting him get to a battle crusier in low orbit from the ground. Not much more information is avalilbe but if any one can make this calc that'd be great (am making many halo profiles here so you know)

Is it possible to get something out of this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ikErPzfe_qo

Feat begins at the 3:50, Clock-La (The robotic owl) is shot down and smashes into the airship which causes it to explode and causing the remains to be flung across the sky as shown around the 4:25 mark.

Unfortunately theres no given size for the ship so that might be a problem

Can someone calculate the energy SCP-2818 can cause with its bullets when it does the following?

"Weapon recoil shatters the D-Class' arm, shoulder, and collarbone, and renders them unconscious. SCP-2818-A exits barrel as superheated plasma, with a muzzle velocity of nearly 1600m/s. The SCP-2818-A instance ignites the air around it, causing third-degree burns on all individuals standing within 10m of the round at any point in its trajectory. Upon impacting a solid lead target, SCP-2818-A violently erupts, covering the firing range with molten slag."

Giphy656456

^ Oh pleez, somebody calc this! We see a Predator blitz an Xenomorph, but there's more to it... Notice how slowly the Xeno's head slides off, then it's body finally realizes that it's dead and fall down. How much speed would this take, where gravity doesn't take immediate effect and then finally the body reacts to being killed?

@Seraphic Looks like pure cinematography to me. The head clearly is affected by gravity, since it falls off, and then the body looney-toons its way down afterwards. I don't think that is anything calcable.

Just 1 quick question: What would be the AP equivalent of an explosion 115 km in diameter? The link in the Calculation page is not really helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back