• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Official Calculation Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attack was never solid to begin with, so it's not applicable Lightbuster30. Personally I put Ashura Zoro pre TS at town level.

Hmm...fair enough, well how much tonnage was caled in the ahe "demoinstratio version? This one is obviously muich bigger and densly concentrated.

The demonstration version was apparently MCB+ level although I have my doubts about this. The full version, which if MCB+ is accepted, would be town level at the very most.

Kambetal1 said:
The demonstration version was apparently MCB+ level although I have my doubts about this. The full version, which if MCB+ is accepted, would be town level at the very most.
I meant specificlly though? Like how many tons? I never found the calc for that on his page. Should it be taken into account that this was done via shockwaves? that is pretty much what the rankyuaku is, it's not some magic energy attack.

'Shockwaves' in OP don't work like that; 'flying slashes' are essentially as strong as actual attacks in order to add diversity to the arsenal of swordsmen. Rankyaku is the same. This is manga physics.

They are different based on what? There is nothing to imply anything of the sort. If anything that notion is contraditced, for one Nami mentions that she would have taken far more damage taking an direct hit from Zoro instead of his shockwaves. Kalifa uses an Rankkuyaku but instead of sending an shockwave she plants her actual foot directly into M Choppers face, which actually manages to cause an bruise, whereas non contact shockwaves did nothing to him.

Based on what are the shockwwaves as strong as the physical impact? Bothing thats what. Aside from the name there is nothing to imply such an thing.

Is there anybody from the calc group or somebody that knows how to calc that can, if possible, help calculate how powerful a character punching another person through a planet would be at?

Here's the video that contains the scene of it(just skip ahead to around 2:50 to see it), and here's a picture of the planet along with several more around it. Keep in mind that the quality of it is kind of not good but it was the only one i could find that had the said planet.

Oh and here's the picture of said victim exiting outside on what i assume is the otherside of the planet.

I need help calculating Rayman's strength. He punched a teensie to a constellation so I calculated how fast the teensie went by how fast he reached his destination. But I have no clue how to find out how much force would be needed to do that or what it could do to the planet. I don't expect Rayman to be planet level or anywhere close, But I'd still like to know.

The nearest constellation is 4 lightyears away and Rayman punched the teensie to it in seconds. (I'm counting the time from when Rayman punched it, until the teensie reached the constellation since after that there is a cutaway that prevents us from calculating anything after that. Also I am aware there was a cut from the teensie being punched to him leaving the planet, as well as the view of hi leaving the planet to him headed towards the constellation. However he's still starting to scream during that cut and still screaming during the other one with no audio cuts in his scream so you can tell there isn't a timeskip within these cuts unlike the last one where his scream fades out and fades back in when it cuts to the planet the teensie crashes into.)

So if we lowball this feat to Rayman hitting the teensie to the nearest constellation, and the teensie arriving in 10 seconds.... Rayman would've hit the teensie so hard that it traveled several million times the speed of light.

To do this I did the usual formula. Rate = distance over time. The distance being 4 lightyears and the time being 10 seconds so I could find out how many mph the teensie was traveling. I then divided the result I got by how many mph light travels to find out how many times faster the teensie was going and the result was 12,000,000 times faster than light.

Scene : https://youtu.be/2CaAwoi1QEs?t=6m32s

@LeopoldTheBrave: Punching at FTL speeds, or accelerating something to FTL speeds does not equate to any strength at all. I could now explain why the formulas do not work, but in short if you try to calculate something that contradicts physics (nothing can be FTL per physics), then you will only get nonsensical results.

DontTalk said:
@LeopoldTheBrave: Punching at FTL speeds, or accelerating something to FTL speeds does not equate to any strength at all. I could now explain why the formulas do not work, but in short if you try to calculate something that contradicts physics (nothing can be FTL per physics), then you will only get nonsensical results.
one can always use newtonian mechanics, cuz we know for a fact that in almost all of fiction, relativity either doesnt apply at all or is applied ina cherry picked manner, so relativity applies to only a few verses

the rest can be calculated using simple newtonian/ classic mechanics

even then the answers might not be accurate, as at times, even classical mechanics are not followed properly

And in fanatasy I am allowed to use middle age physics in which everything is explained through evil spirits?

Most of the times physics are not properly followed at all, but assuming some flawed form of physics to get feats is just bad.

tht way a LOT of the calculations we have would be invalid, all fantasy calculations and tiers wud become undefinable

eg., if we dont accept calulations, then, since its fantasy, someone punching through a planet might not be what calculations give us, instead it might have been a multiversal blast that was severaly restricted such that it does 0 damage to anything which is not in its direct path

or some weird things like that

In detail you will find a physical error in every calc that you make.

The thing is certain physical errors in calcs can be ignored others can not. That is just how things have to be done using calcs out of necessity. One thing that can never be ignored is someone using a formula that is just simply wrong. Newtonian physics is in todays standards nothing but that: wrong. At the very least for all general cases and certainly for everything near the speed of light. It is disprooven and thats it. I can also use various failed or generally disregarded formulas from strange physics to get feats from stuff that doesn´t make sense after standard physics, but doing so is just ridiculous.

Could somebody please evaluate or recalculate Hagoromo's Moon-creating feat detailed here? There are severe uncertainties regarding which value that should be used.

Wrong thread Weekly. This goes in Profile Creation.

However, I will make a profile for Darkrai once I figure out his stats from fighting off Dialga and Palkia.

Could someone tell me how attack potency would score a character that performed following feats

Managed to destroy a giant boulder with single regular arrow shot from reguar bow (the strength to put an arrow in that motion with just hands)

Killed 100 enemies with single shot (so managed to pierce through 100 armored men)

Created enough arrows to obscure the sun

Forced arrow to reach lightning speed via sheer power

http://a.*************/store/manga/106/69-778.0/compressed/d010-011.jpg?v=51425178208

The initial slash that was used to cut Pica, was that the slash used for whatever calc was made for him, or just him severing that part of the body?

http://www.*************/manga/one_piece/v69/c777/9.html

So can I get a calc on the size of the Flower Hill as well considering the size of Diamante's Stone Body versus the size of the Flower Hill and Zoro's being capable of listing said body clear off its waist with a sword slash, I'm thinking maybe City Level is a little low, since the upper body itself should at least be that level.

Please and thank you.

Byakushiki Setsura said:
Greetings, this is about a feat in the Yaiba manga series.

A black rabbit guy named Gekko used an OP sword called the Demon King Sword and with it he is capable of making massive explosions .

So if it's alright with you, can you please calculate his DC with the sword? Some of these scans may be useful for scaling:

The attack makes a massive explosio

After the explosion, there is this giant crater.

Yaiba (the guy with spiky hair in the 2nd scan) is in his giant form. This is his giant size compared to normal humans. 1 and 2

(Apologize for the quality of scans, I can not find any better images)

Thannks a lot.
I'll do this now to get into the team, thanks for the scans.

A question about the feat of Meliodas destroying Danafor. It was apparently calculated here, and referenced in the edit here. Does this calculation seem accurate? I can't personally see anything wrong with it, but I am not a good calculator.

I was wondering if any of you could fix one of the calculations I made wrong on Tuska

Me and a friend calculated her destructive capacity to be around 1.48 Petatons of energy, based on her ability to knock a human over from the outer of the planets to the inner one on this model. (Of course in 1:1 scale, rather than a model)

The distance from the inner one to the star is roughly one AU, based upon its climate being similar to Earth's, and it is known that it's the inner one since she actually blasted (and has been shown time and time again to not be bothered enough from getting hit by asteroids to retaliate), so something powerful on a planet must have bothered her. It was also shown that she hadn't passed a star, as there were only distant solar systems and galaxies in the background while she was in space. Also those two are the outermost planets in the Multiverse, so she can't have come from another direction.

The reason I believe the calculations were wrong is that I recently read that solar flares can explode with as much energy as 160 Exatons, and we can't feel them at all, and Tuska's only blasting feat is "Created a shockwave of divine energy which knocked the World Guardian (a human with high levels of divine resistance) over from the nearest planet, giving him the feeling that "this might be the beginning of the end."."

So it has to be powerful enough to pass not just one magnetic field, but two, and still put quite a distance behind it, while keeping enough force to knock a human over.

So would anyone be able to fix the calculations, please?

FanofRPGs said:
I am not sure if this counts as a calc, but what is the fragmentation energy of Iron?
Are you dark drem from t5? He made an thread with the exact question you asked. As an side note could someone give me the energy needed to atomize 1 cm3 of granite?

Yeah, I was trying to calc how powerful Star Wars Missile Launchers were (2.6 gigajoules)

Can someone calculate the clash of Naruto and Sasuke's strongest attacks during their final fight:

P 00001-1

P 00003-4

P 00004-4

It spanned from the Fire Country to where Kakashi was in the Lightning Country.

Can someone calculate that scene from Star Wars Episode V where the AT-AT destroyed that generator?

Also can someone calc Zorc blocking out the sun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back