• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The now overdue Calebcity profile creation

Status
Not open for further replies.
blud finally pulled it off
Will be watching this thread with great interest and give input later.
Alright, here I go.

• A lot of the stuff for his Pain Manipulation Resistance should just be moved to his Type 2 Immortality section. The best evidence that he actually resists the ability is the pain potion, while the rest are just supporting feats for his Immortality.
  • Death Hax Resistance is redundant due to Type 5 Immortality.
  • Resistance to Empathy Hax makes no sense. We only give this resistance to characters who genuinely aren't affected by Empathy Manipulation, or characters who are stated to completely lack emotions. Being a psychopath (or a monster in this scenario) don't count.
  • Status Effect Resistance also makes no sense. Being able to fight and land accurate blows despite being blinded by smoke bombs or something similar like flashbangs isn't a Resistance, that's just Enhanced Senses. Except this is not an Enhanced Senses feat either, as he throws the smoke bomb on a heavily wounded opponent that he likely already knows where they are in the first place.

That's some of the issues I've noticed with the profile at the moment, will see if there's anything else odd or wrong on it.

Yeah this is extremely good evidence as well.

Caleb stating he is 'playing' as the king infers he also 'plays' as the other characters as well. Which based on the other context supports him being every character in every video and possessing all the abilities they have.

It also gives further proof that the character is an actual character. The guy is also officially named "King Caleb" which provides more proof of everyone being Caleb.
Dude this is the real person Caleb shilling a real product. Why on earth would you take this as a "character" saying he's playing another "character"?

I am afraid that I agree with DMUA and Ovens here. We do not and should not allow stage personas of real world people

I'm gonna use the Accented Cinema explanation but modify it for our purposes.

Wresting is like being a Vtuber. You play a character that is molded by your audience and you have lore and history. The character however, is not the person. That's why we have both WWE and Hololive pages.

The glaring difference here, is that you're using a product advert as proof when that is the most blatantly out of character example you can show us.

I am going to have to ask you to slow down a lot there Ovens
it feels like you’re parading a bit over trying to shut down one of the supporting pieces of evidence, but it’s really just distracting from the fact that there’s more than just that one instance, and that’s not even the most significant one as I explained already.

I'm gonna use the Accented Cinema explanation but modify it for our purposes.

Wresting is like being a Vtuber. You play a character that is molded by your audience and you have lore and history. The character however, is not the person. That's why we have both WWE and Hololive pages.

The glaring difference here, is that you're using a product advert as proof when that is the most blatantly out of character example you can show us.
I completely understand your point Ovens, but if we were able to get away with a Logan Paul profile, who's arguably a bit more controversial, I don't see too much of an issue with making Caleb an official profile on the wiki.

And regarding the canoncity of Caleb's character, it is all in the note at the bottom of the profile. But for convenience's sake. It'll be copy pasted here.
All I'll say is actually read this portion or the profile at all really, this is clearly not indexing the real person Caleb and provides detailed reasoning for him to be a composite the profile is linked with several references on the note as well which is what that section is even derived from

I mean the actual profile creator won't seem to respond here anyways so it is what it is

The issue seems to be that you're assuming that because Caleb in one sketch had the power to use shadow clones, that all Calebs in his videos are actually the same person's shadow clones each and every time, instead of there being multiple characters who are each portrayed by the actor Caleb across different sketches.

Also just because some of the sketches may be linked to each other through some continuty doesn't mean that every sketch takes place in the same continuity.

You've made a pretty big leap from "Caleb has shown the ability to make clones in one vid" to "Every Caleb is the same Caleb".

To be fair what would you even call them iirc they’re nameless
That's not the point. The issue Damage and others have with this is that you're assuming every nameless character in the skits are somehow all Caleb.
I don't really care if the profile stays or not, just wanted to point it out.

I'll just deconstruct the whole note section.

The video in question has 0 context pertaining to its canonicity with the other videos Caleb posts. Like sure, he says the device shows video ideas that he didn't make and we can assume that the videos he "made" are the ones we see on his channel. However, this goes against Occam's Razor, as it was never established in the video that the other videos on the real world channel also exist as fictional videos within whatever "canon" this is.

These are separate videos with no throughline to establish that the "clones" are always Caleb's shadow clones. This proves absolutely nothing.

This is the easiest to deconstruct because we are literally watching a fictional person watch a fictional show from their perspective. You know why it doesn't make sense? Because it's literally fictional to the Caleb persona we are watching.

You literally stripped the context from both of these videos. In the first one, the joke is that they're both named Caleb, which in a meta ironic sense is true. But within the context of the video, they just happen to be two dudes named Caleb. The plot even supports this by having one of them ask the other for their ID which doesn't break the 4th wall at all.

The second video's evidence is literally a throwaway line that, again, is meta ironic. But the context is that he is quite literally talking to himself in the video and that's all he's referring to contextually.

That's not the point. The issue Damage and others have with this is that you're assuming every nameless character in the skits are somehow all Caleb.
I don't really care if the profile stays or not, just wanted to point it out.
Tbf every name drop for a character has literally all been just caleb which has happened several times and even the "king" in the promotion wasn't even name dropped in the episode but was still named caleb so it's pretty safe to say all of them are caleb

Also if you want to see good examples of a single YouTube persona playing multiple characters that are legitimate, look no further than Markiplier and Brandon Rogers.
I'm fully aware of them

It seems the biggest problem is that yall are just wanting a direct statement that all of the characters are the same 1 character because otherwise this really isn't breaking or pushing site standards moreso than peoples discomfort around composites

I'm fully aware of them

It seems the biggest problem is that yall are just wanting a direct statement that all of the characters are the same 1 character because otherwise this really isn't breaking or pushing site standards moreso than peoples discomfort around composites
Like I said with my original post, I'm perfectly fine with the verse, you just have to split the characters up into individual profiles.

completely unrelated side note but when are we getting markiplier himself cause he’s a character in the verse
Well considering this
I am afraid that I agree with DMUA and Ovens here. We do not and should not allow stage personas of real world people and also do not allow composite characters across multiple roles for the same actors.
It seems you won't or it should be met with the same scrutiny as this

Like I said with my original post, I'm perfectly fine with the verse, you just have to split the characters up into individual profiles.
And like I said in my original post I'm not the profile creator, I just made the crt because no one else would in the discussion and the creator went MIA for months

This can be closed if rejected I was just giving it a shot but that said if a more direct statement comes then I'd assume this profile is fair gane since the composite part is literally everyones issue with nothing from anything else

You play a character that is molded by your audience and you have lore and history. The character however, is not the person.
So basically what AVGN is, suprised he isn't allowed considering he has storylines / "lore" / reoccuring things and is explicitly a fictional character. Am Neutral to this all, but whatever, if Vtuber stuff of all things is allowed i don't know where you'd draw the line

Last edited:
Unless we can keep the current profile as like Caleb the Creator for being the one who makes the videos and should just scale above all the Caleb characters he plays, and then make separate profiles for them as well, leaving the one in the original post here essentially untouched in the process

We need to have it all on one profile or have nothing at all
the joke is that they’re all Caleb, that’s the entire point of the Caleb City.
We aren’t gonna give up the best profile ever to appease the anti-fun goblins
based-kneel.gif

Big funnies aside, we really should conclude if the profile should be allowed or not. It's already becoming apparent that the discussion surrounding it is getting stale.

This is one of those times where rules should be looser to accommodate for what people actually want, given the overwhelming preference here to the profile being accepted. The only restrictions here are technically self-imposed at best, but that’s generously assuming it would have violated any rule to begin with.
I mean this profile isn't detrimental to the wiki in any way and its well made the most of the shit on the site by a really far margin, this is a textbook wiki moment where standards **** over something that should otherwise be simple fun and that a pretty big majority of people want considering its already gotten the attention of over 2k viewers in under 24 hours and is already approaching closer to 200 comments

I'd say if anything this is a lesson in more than solid profile creation and how wiki standards can **** over some stuff but I digress. I'd rather not butcher this profile to pieces to get it through on the site than leaving this as is in its already perfect state

This is one of those times where rules should be looser to accommodate for what people actually want, given the overwhelming preference here to the profile being accepted. The only restrictions here are technically self-imposed at best, but that’s generously assuming it would have violated any rule to begin with.

I just want more youtuber profiles they’re really damn fun
Like I said earlier I plan to do blog posts for the bread boys so that’ll be cool I hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back