• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The now overdue Calebcity profile creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalesean027

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter

Here is the blog for the long overdue creation of the Caleb (Calebcity) profile that's been in works for a very long time and while all of the work can be credited to those in the discussion thread @GeliumE who in a sense spearheaded the direct creation of the sandbox here and did the crux of the work has seemingly gone MIA from the project completely for several months now and seemed to have dropped it, I've opted to not let this go to waste and created this thread.

ANY questions regarding the validity of this profiles creation or the compositing of the character should be directed to the note on the profile which in great detail covers all of this and should answer any concerns

And regarding the canoncity of Caleb's character, it is all in the note at the bottom of the profile. But for convenience's sake. It'll be copy pasted here.

This is a composite of every character for the following reasons:

In conclusion, Caleb is canonically all the characters portrayed in the series - even the ones inside games, videos, movies, etc., as he himself makes those videos. He is the same person despite the myriad of characters he acts as.

Last edited by a moderator:
From a quick glance, I pretty much almost agree with everything. However, the only real issue I have is the regeneration of Mid-Godly. What exactly entails it being the erasure of his mind, let alone his soul? I already watched the vid before, and rewatching it now, I'm not seeing anything that supports this.

From a quick glance, I pretty much almost agree with everything. However, the only real issue I have is the regeneration of Mid-Godly. What exactly entails it being the erasure of his mind, let alone his soul? I already watched the vid before, and rewatching it now, I'm not seeing anything that supports this.
Actually not sure where the soul portion comes from but he was vaporized as he completely faded to nothing and just came back

Actually not sure where the soul portion comes from but he was vaporized as he completely faded to nothing and just came back
Which is... Low-Godly. Just regenerating from the complete erasure of your body is Low-Godly. Though tbh you could even argue it being just High regen as the scan could imply just vaporization, not actual existence erasure.

Anyways, I agree with everything with the exception of Mid-Godly. High to Low-Godly seems to be the correct option here.

Which is... Low-Godly. Just regenerating from the complete erasure of your body is Low-Godly. Though tbh you could even argue it being just High regen as the scan could imply just vaporization, not actual existence erasure.

Anyways, I agree with everything with the exception of Mid-Godly. High to Low-Godly seems to be the correct option here.
Yeah that's fine I can simply just change that portion no biggie

I thought this profile wasnt allowed to be made? There was a whole debate about how it's just a composite of a bunch of loose skits which lead to its deletion

I thought this profile wasnt allowed to be made? There was a whole debate about how it's just a composite of a bunch of loose skits which lead to its deletion
Yeah that was before when nothing like this was compiled at all, read the note that should be justification enough to prove otherwise

This is literally nothing like the profile from several months YEARS ago that was deleted

Yeah that was before when nothing like this was compiled at all, read the note that should be justification enough to prove otherwise

This is literally nothing like the profile from several months ago that was deleted
Actually years lol. I first made it in 2019 and it was deleted in like 2020

Probably best to ping a few staff, this seems to be skirting the line of what is and isnt allowed in regards to composite characters

Yeah it should be Low-Godly.

I'd really say otherwise tbh I mean literally just read the note and I have pinged staff who were involved in the discussion thread surrounding this new profile
I mean staff in general, of course the staff that made the profile are going to agree with it being added lol

Please remove the bolding from words which aren't hyperlinked to P&A pages, that shit looks horrendous and isn't really allowed under our current rules tbh.
Why should it be removed because of your opinion? It makes certain useful information easier to see.

Why should it be removed because of your opinion? It makes certain useful information easier to see.
Because:

1. It doesn't look good in my opinion.

2. It isn't allowed under our current set of rules from my understanding, you can ask members like @Armorchompy about this because I was someone who did something like this before and was chewed out about it.

Please remove the bolding from words which aren't hyperlinked to P&A pages, that shit looks horrendous and isn't really allowed under our current rules tbh.
I can't rn, not at my computer but you can if you feel like it after all it's a open sandbox anyone can edit it

Because:

1. It doesn't look good in my opinion.

2. It isn't allowed under our current set of rules from my understanding, you can ask members like @Armorchompy about this because I was someone who did something like this before and was chewed out about it.
Well I will wait to see what other staff say about the formatting.

But I really don't see the issue. It highlights the types of the abilities in those large sections of text which I find to be helpful.

Well I will wait to see what other staff say about the formatting.

But I really don't see the issue. It highlights the types of the abilities in those large sections of text which I find to be helpful.
Alright.

It's just a personal choice of formatting that I don't like, if there are different types of abilities like that I'd just normally distinguish them through symbols like -, or do something like this to make it more coherent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back