• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Nigh Omnipresent page needs an updating????

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnshakableOne

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Is there different types of nigh Omnipresents? For example Character A is the literal emodiment of Darkness on earth. He exist anywhere where darkness is. Including the color black, and shadows.

While Character B exist throughout timespace/history of the Earth (only 1 single earth)? Should Character B's nigh omniprescence be more qualitively better than Character A's?

Those were only examples... idk if they were good examples though.. But the overall question is simplely "Is there different types of Nigh Omnipresents with one type being qualitively superior to another?"

[Edit] The original title was called "Different types of Nigh Omnipresents exist/question???" i changed the title after the first couple comments...

Yes, there's few types of Nigh Omnipresence:

• Biolocation: Being in at least two place at once.
  • Temporal Presence: Exist in any point across time.
  • Oneiric Omnipresence: Exist anywhere and everywhere across the dream world.
  • Any other selective Omnipresence.

Yeah, it seems that the page hasn't been "touched" in a while, but I do not possesses the authority change it. Admins are the ones with the authority to add any other variation or subpower to the page.

Whom should be the one to contact to talk about updating the page and making it current?

Setsuna tenma said:
temporal omnipresence is just type 3 acausality.
Its also a variation of Nigh Omnipresence, instead of existing across space, it exist across time.

@TheUpgradeMan, honestly not sure what Admin is especialized in powers, but judging by the history Dark649 is the one that most edited the page, but I guess Repuzzan or Matthew are good to ask about.

I do not think that existing in two or more places at once is anywhere near impressive enough to get the nigh omnipresence ability.

It would be the most basic version of Nigh Omnipresent, although it could also be considered to be a passive Duplication. It depends of you if want to expand the Nigh Omnipresent page.

I prefer to keep it as existing almost everywhere at the same time, but improvements are always welcome.

Antvasima said:
I prefer to keep it as existing almost everywhere at the same time, but improvements are always welcome.
I think it should be noted on the page that there is different types of Nigh Omnipresents and one type of Omnipresents can be qualitively superior to an another such as Type 3 Nigh Omnipresents being > Type 1 for example.

There is also Shin Budokai Janemba existing on the page as the mascot, and his now deleted page is linked on there.

Well, we would need some well-informed staff input regarding which types that would be appropriate to use first.

Antvasima said:
Well, we would need some well-informed staff input regarding which types that would be appropriate to use first.
maybe make a staff only thread...? or ask for some knowledeable or trusted wiki memebers to comment here...? if the 2nd option... whom all should we message???

It is probably better if Antoniofer starts a staff forum thread, in case he is interested.

I'm not that interested in the page, but if the page itself generate confusion to other users and want to add other examples of characters I can make a thread about updating it.

Okay. Thank you. Please make sure to only include types that actually mean "almost being omnipresent", not just being present in several locations at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back