• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Multiversal Undertale CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh here it is

For starters, this CRT will mostly be addressing this blog here and why I disagree with it.

Timelines and RESETs

This is essentially saying that there is a single timeline just being rewritten over and over, which isn’t exactly the case, I believe, and kind of ignores statements throughout the game.

“*Everyone will be ripped from this timeline...
*…and sent back before all of this ever happened.
*Nobody will remember anything.”

This statement does not exactly contradict the existence of multiple timelines at all. It is saying that the current timeline now stops, and that another timeline is starting anew via RESET. Not exactly important but something worthy to note is that flowey says this timeline, not the timeline, which also kind of implies that there isn't just a singular timeline.

Sans Statement

“our reports showed a massive anomaly in the timespace continuum.
timelines jumping left and right, stopping and starting…”

Sans said timelines in PLURAL buddy, NOT singular, if it was just one timeline being rewritten over and over I feel sans of all people, who is definitely more knowledgeable than most of the cast, would have specified that. The part of ‘timelines jumping left and right, stopping and starting’ also fits perfectly in what I said above in the Timelines and RESETS segment, that an old timeline ends and a new timeline begins.

Fun Values

Before I actually go into this in more depth, I would like to mention that Fun Values can only be changed if a RESET has been made, things such as SAVing and LOADing will not change the value at all. (Yes, you can go into the games files and change them manually, but I don't think that was really intended)

Why what Goner Kid meant on what he said can be irrelevant to take as a canon fact?: This is just a thought a kid has. More importantly, given the different interpretations of what he said that I'm yet to point out and the vague indications of them no one's meant to take facts out of this. That much being the more likely take on the matter; "Cool to speculate about but nothing's confirmed". Goner Kid saying "Please don't think about this anymore" can refer to its irrelevance in this sense.

This thought he has is depressing and a world where everything is exactly the same without one's existence means a hypothetical world where "you" (himself or Frisk, likely the former) don't exist and nothing changes, the text not meaning as in "there exist other timeline in the multiverse!". This is thematically fitting to his apparent mood with the reaction he gives to Frisk bringing an umbrella, finishing that by saying "Please forget about me" and saying "Please don't think about this anymore." if Frisk tries to talk with him again, Goner Kid also being gone if Frisk leaves and reenters the room, in which he was alone at the tip of a bridge in a dark place. I'm not saying he did anything in particular, but that the subtext of the comment was simply this off, or that this thought that terrifies him is little more than that. This is also a bit thematic for the player and/or Frisk, who may or may not leaving the Underground without being the hero they needed to be, it may work on 2 levels.

Or maybe he's already a ghost.

He could be referring to what's happening to Gaster. Goner Kid not being a Gaster follower in the games files you can only see via editing the game doesn't matter, as far as a player knows, he looks like them, + he could be saying something that just so happen to be fitting to Gaster's lore without Goner Kid knowing that person, hence he's not a follower. If it needs to be said, the world where "you don't exist" wouldn't go as in Gaster having never existed, but having stopped "existing" from 1 present moment in time forwards.

He could be referencing what the fun values do to the game without it being canon, like a character breaking the 4° wall to reference the audience or a number of other things that aren't in-canon there, this being a reference Goner Kid may or may not know he's doing. Undertale has many game mechanics as real things that exist in-universe, but not all of them, and a subtle reference to 1 doesn't necessarily make it canon.

He could be referencing how sometimes a player may or may not see him with this much being canon and working like it really does; you play the game, you may or may not find certain things and if someone else plays the game then they may or may not find certain other things, without there being other data inside the game with copies of everything one's doing for each fun value, just 1 per playing the game, in 1 timeline. This regardless of hacking the game while playing it. I believe making a reset also changes the number, but you would only know this via editing the game and meanwhile you can figure on your own certain events can happen at random, just by playing the game.

Alright all of these points are kinda headcanon-y. Goner Kid’s dialogue is about a world where he doesn't exist, which is evidently seen by the fact there are timelines with a different fun value than the one needed to meet him. It's easier and makes much more sense to go with this interpretation than trying to contrive something from this dialogue that doesn't really make much sense otherwise.

Alphys Statement
See here. To quote Ricsi-viragosi about it "That is not confirmation. Her research consists of watching anime as well, and she believes Mew Mew Kissy Cutie is out there, in an alternate universe. Taking her word on that is as reasonable as accepting her claims that humans go around with giant swords and mechas."

I mean alphys never believed anime was real in the first place, so her believing Mew Mew Kissy Cutie is somehow real out there contradicts that entirely. This also ignores the fact that Alphys is rather knowledgeable and supposedly works faster than even gaster, so her word should definitely be taken into consideration.

How Many Timelines?

Alright I think I proved that RESETs create timelines yea? Now how many?

The size of the verse has been stated before many times, although here is a little tl;dr, I suppose.

We can't really get an actual number from this, but it's definitely within the 2-B range, for reasons probably obvious and supported above.

Conclusion

Chara should get a 2-B rating due to them destroying pretty much the entire game, asriel and human souls should also get 2-B, as asriels was slowly destroying the world and potentially the whole game world. Asriel was also gonna perform a true reset which would definitely be around this range considering its nature of resetting everything.

Last edited:
Frisk and Flowey aren't Low 2-C because they can reset, no?
The true reset is evidently capable of destroying things, if it wasn't asriel wouldn't have used it, in fact it acts quite similar to what chara does at the end of genocide. Ordinary RESETs however, don't really destroy anything.

If asriel is gonna become 2-B, at best it'd be possibly 2-B. We have no idea if asriel should be on the same scale of Chara.

The only way i could see this working is him scaling to chara, due to Asriel being far superior to the power that awakened chara. (he should be superior to a level 20 frisk, which awakened Chara.) speaking of which, why doesn't chara have a pre-awakening/pre-death key? Flowey has one, i cant see why chara cant have one.

isnt there a statement for omega flowey being superior to chara, which would obviously mean asriel is superior

If asriel is gonna become 2-B, at best it'd be possibly 2-B. We have no idea if asriel should be on the same scale of Chara.

The only way i could see this working is him scaling to chara, due to Asriel being far superior to the power that awakened chara. (he should be superior to a level 20 frisk, which awakened Chara.) speaking of which, why doesn't chara have a pre-awakening/pre-death key? Flowey has one, i cant see why chara cant have one.
I mean asriel has his own 2-B feat which would bring him to that level as mentioned above. Chara should definitely get a pre-death key yea, not sure why they didn't have one before.
isnt there a statement for omega flowey being superior to chara, which would obviously mean asriel is superior
Omega Flowey is definitely not superior to chara, omega flowey didn't even have enough power to destroy the barrier, while chara was capable of destroying the entire game in one hit.

I mean asriel has his own 2-B feat which would bring him to that level as mentioned above. Chara should definitely get a pre-death key yea, not sure why they didn't have one before.
alright then yeah never mind, he can be full on 2-B by destroying the game.
By stats I mean LOVE. His LOVE is 9999
thats far from enough to make Omega Flowey 2-B. how he's scaled currently is a lot more reliable than Flowey showing off his power and manipulating save files.

Why.

Ahh here it is

For starters, this CRT will mostly be addressing this blog here and why I disagree with it.

Timelines and RESETs

This is essentially saying that there is a single timeline just being rewritten over and over, which isn’t exactly the case, I believe, and kind of ignores statements throughout the game.
It's not.
It's literally not. It's just saying Frisk and the resets affect one timeline at a time, and when they do reset, everyone is sent back to another timeline. No one is saying that multiple timelines don't exist, the FUN Values pretty much prove that on their own.

This statement does not exactly contradict the existence of multiple timelines at all. It is saying that the current timeline now stops, and that another timeline is starting anew via RESET. Not exactly important but something worthy to note is that flowey says this timeline, not the timeline, which also kind of implies that there isn't just a singular timeline.
You are strawmanning the blog... We know multiple timelines exist.
Sans Statement

Sans said timelines in PLURAL buddy, NOT singular, if it was just one timeline being rewritten over and over I feel sans of all people, who is definitely more knowledgeable than most of the cast, would have specified that. The part of ‘timelines jumping left and right, stopping and starting’ also fits perfectly in what I said above in the Timelines and RESETS segment, that an old timeline ends and a new timeline begins.
Sans says timelines jumping left or right, stopping and starting.

Because when we reset, stop the timelines, change the Fun value, we are changing from one timeline to another one. That much is obvious. But one needs to stop so another one can start to get influence from Frisk.
Fun Values

Before I actually go into this in more depth, I would like to mention that Fun Values can only be changed if a RESET has been made, things such as SAVing and LOADing will not change the value at all. (Yes, you can go into the games files and change them manually, but I don't think that was really intended)

Alright all of these points are kinda headcanon-y.
Nah, you're just strawmanning them. You can destroy the entire world of Undertale while affecting just one timeline, since that's the one the player is currently looking at.
Goner Kid’s dialogue is about a world where he doesn't exist, which is evidently seen by the fact there are timelines with a different fun value than the one needed to meet him. It's easier and makes much more sense to go with this interpretation than trying to contrive something from this dialogue that doesn't really make much sense otherwise.

Alphys Statement

I mean alphys never believed anime was real in the first place, so her believing Mew Mew Kissy Cutie is somehow real out there contradicts that entirely. This also ignores the fact that Alphys is rather knowledgeable and supposedly works faster than even gaster, so her word should definitely be taken into consideration.

How Many Timelines?

Alright I think I proved that RESETs create timelines yea? Now how many?

The size of the verse has been stated before many times, although here is a little tl;dr, I suppose.

We can't really get an actual number from this, but it's definitely within the 2-B range, for reasons probably obvious and supported above.

Conclusion

Chara should get a 2-B rating due to them destroying pretty much the entire game, asriel and human souls should also get 2-B, as asriels was slowly destroying the world and potentially the whole game world. Asriel was also gonna perform a true reset which would definitely be around this range considering its nature of resetting everything.
Not a single piece of evidence was provided to prove the destruction of the world had to include the destruction of all the unloaded timelines where Chara and Frisk weren't controlling. It doesn't have. The game only loads and POVs the timeline we are currently on, if you destroy it, it will appear destroyed to us.

Asriel couldn't even reset a single timeline with his powers without given time, yet, Omega Flowey, who is far weaker, could cause a similar void effect by destroying just one timeline. Chara has no reason to scale to the 2-B cosmology, which we always agreed with.

Omega Flowey is definitely not superior to chara, omega flowey didn't even have enough power to destroy the barrier, while chara was capable of destroying the entire game in one hit.
Asriel's feat isn't 2-B, he explicitly uses singular when talking about the Universe.

Gonna avoid debating this but, the cosmology is 2-C at minimum. But the only way the characters actually scale to everything is if you can prove that "the game" or the world (the world is constantly being used to refer to the game even by flowey in genocide and every other context, so i do agree with asriel scaling to wiping the whole game) and the only way to do that is with save and load creating timelines and fun values.

Ive been always more on the side of at least low 2-C possibly 2-B, since sans language does imply the jumping timelines are something currently happening. But it is sorta vague.

It's not.
It's literally not. It's just saying Frisk and the resets affect one timeline at a time, and when they do reset, everyone is sent back to another timeline. No one is saying that multiple timelines don't exist, the FUN Values pretty much prove that on their own.

You are strawmanning the blog... We know multiple timelines exist.

Sans says timelines jumping left or right, stopping and starting.

Because when we reset, stop the timelines, change the Fun value, we are changing from one timeline to another one. That much is obvious. But one needs to stop so another one can start to get influence from Frisk.

This is something Sans can say after you spare him, get comically killed by him, and come back to keep fighting him, he tells you to not tell something to the other Sans-es, which logically mean them being from other timelines. While pretty non-serious, this is true; there were and can be other Sanses in "other timelines". They just don't currently exist on other timelines because they weren't other timelines when he said that. Let alone would you be able to go visit Sanses at will 1 after the other and revisit prior Sanses, that's either not what he meant or if he did, the joke needs to be dismissed.

In the Genocide route Sans mentions timelines in plural during his battle and it would be easy to believe that more than 1 exist around based on it, but that's not actually the case.

Sans refers to the same course of actions (in a timeline) getting reset back to a prior point in time and from there you taking other actions, thereby influencing other things/characters to have other actions too, thus "making other timeline". Let's put it in perspective; You can draw things, end up drawing a figure A, but then you can erase some of the things drawn and continue to draw something else, a figure B. Figures A and B are "different" but there's only 1 drawing now. A mention of figure A while figure B is around doesn't mean in context that firuge A still exists somewhere, that thing existed and now it doesn't.

It definitely seems that the blog is trying to drive that there is only one existing timeline, unless I somehow misread.

Nah, you're just strawmanning them. You can destroy the entire world of Undertale while affecting just one timeline, since that's the one the player is currently looking at.

Not a single piece of evidence was provided to prove the destruction of the world had to include the destruction of all the unloaded timelines where Chara and Frisk weren't controlling. It doesn't have. The game only loads and POVs the timeline we are currently on, if you destroy it, it will appear destroyed to us.

Asriel couldn't even reset a single timeline with his powers without given time, yet, Omega Flowey, who is far weaker, could cause a similar void effect by destroying just one timeline. Chara has no reason to scale to the 2-B cosmology, which we always agreed with.
..Why wouldn't chara scale to the 2-B? they quite literally destroyed everything in the game world, they even state so themself.

• Now we have reached the absolute.
  • There is nothing left for us here.
  • Let us erase this pointless world, and move on to the next.
I believe sans hints at the ending of the genocide route as well.
our reports showed a massive anomaly in the timespace continuum.
timelines jumping left and right, stopping and starting...
until suddenly, everything ends.

Not just that, I'm pretty sure they destroy every file too, i'd say it would make more sense that chara destroyed all timelines, instead of just the one we see.

Last edited:
..Why wouldn't chara scale to the 2-B? they quite literally destroyed everything in the game world, they even state so themself.

I believe sans hints at the ending of the genocide route as well.

Not just that, I'm pretty sure they destroy every file too, i'd say it would make more sense that chara destroyed all timelines, instead of just the one we see.
First, it's not 2-B.
Let me answer this with a few questions

• Does the Undertale Universe have multiple timelines?
  • "Yes."

• Does the game, Undertale, deal, load, or even interpret multiple timelines at once?
  • "No."

• So destroying the timeline the player is currently in would result in a void either way, correct?
  • "Yes."
There you go. Chara doesn't scale to the Low Multiversal cosmology because they didn't destroy the entire cosmology, they destroyed one timeline. That's even implied by their use of singular when saying "destroying this world". Unless you're saying "world" = the Multiversal cosmology entirely, which we have literally no reason to assume.

Also, you're taking Sans' line out of context heavily. He's reporting events of the anomaly (which is us) to us which he has already seen. "Everything ends" is either referring to the player closing the game, or Frisk dying and loading. Because it can't be referring to the end, because, shocker, we haven't finished the route yet.

Naturally, deleting files isn't evidence for a Multiversal destruction, the game only loads and interprets one timeline at a time.
Chara's feat is Low 2-C, unfortunately.

First, it's not 2-B.
Why not? the amount of resets flowey did + the human souls resets + fun value would definitely get to that level, a 2-B is definitely possible.
Let me and answer this with a few questions

• Does the Undertale Universe have multiple timelines?
  • "Yes."

• Does the game, Undertale, deal, load, or even interpret multiple timelines at once?
  • "No."

• So destroying the timeline the player is currently in would result in a void either way, correct?
  • "Yes."
There you go. Chara doesn't scale to the Low Multiversal cosmology because they didn't destroy the entire cosmology, they destroyed one timeline. That's even implied by their use of singular when saying "destroying this world". Unless you're saying "world" = the Multiversal cosmology entirely, which we have literally no reason to assume.

Also, you're taking Sans' line out of context heavily. He's reporting events of the anomaly (which is us) to us which he has already seen. "Everything ends" is either referring to the player closing the game, or Frisk dying and loading. Because it can't be referring to the end, because, shocker, we haven't finished the route yet.
We might have access to only one timeline at a time but all those other timelines still exist in the game world, its not like the timelines we aren't using exist outside the game world or smthn.

Characters have referred to the game by world before, including toby fox in a Q&A about deltarune, so it should scale to the whole multiversal cosmology, considering that the game world still contains all these timelines within it as explained above.
Naturally, deleting files isn't evidence for a Multiversal destruction, the game only loads and interprets one timeline at a time.
That was moreso to prove the fact that chara destroyed the entirety of the game world, and that they destroyed much more than what we saw in-game.

The title is very pretentious next to the actual stuff in the thread.
Timelines and RESETs

This is a neutral point, if you change the timeline then it makes no sense to say "this timeline" anymore.
Sans Statement

This is a massive misunderstanding of what I said, you're not even quoting me here and you're acting as if what I said didn't exist, any pushover can then buy into the "Sans said timelines in PLURAL buddy, NOT singular".
Fun Values

You wouldn't know that by playing the game because they're game mechanics, you need to read it online.
Alright all of these points are kinda headcanon-y. Goner Kid’s dialogue is about a world where he doesn't exist, which is evidently seen by the fact there are timelines with a different fun value than the one needed to meet him. It's easier and makes much more sense to go with this interpretation than trying to contrive something from this dialogue that doesn't really make much sense otherwise.
You don't explain at all why they are "kinda headcanon-y"; what makes them wrong, and then you bring your own headcanon as something that is evident when it's not as it's a massive jump from what he's saying and built on preconceived notions.
Alphys Statement

This is a sloppy work, in the past Alphys did things such as making outlandish claims such as anime being real and maybe that other universes exist to Mettaton, forwards into the Mettaton quiz Alphys makes the latter claim and Mettaton taunts her for the former claim, there may be a bit of a conection here in the value of this claims she makes. More time happens, the date with Undyne happens and Alphys says that anime isn't real, does this mean "Alphys never believed anime was real"? No, she's just declining from that stupid claim she made that she was even taunted for, she now doesn't believe in the thing she gained the self-awareness to know how nonsensical it was.

Even giving the highest possive benefit of the doubt, the universes she theoretically would be talking about have no reason to be part of Undertale, but outside it. You don't change events here and there so that poof, there is a magic person (not Undyne) that Alphys can have a crush on.
How Many Timelines?

Alright I think I proved that RESETs create timelines yea?
No you just went "I disagree with this, I disagree with that, this would make more sense" w/o any substance, you gave no reasons and it's unclear if you even undertood the blog you disagree with.

Last edited:
Replying more to this thread would need to be me quoting parts of my blog and saying "Here, this exists, do you knew it exists and what it means on what it says? How it is that you disagree with it?" many times over, I need more information that Roachman40 read and understands my blog, seeing into the comments he also missed the part on how files aren't timelines, it's like he's taken right out of 2019 or so.

Last edited:
Why not? the amount of resets flowey did + the human souls resets + fun value would definitely get to that level, a 2-B is definitely possible.
Because you don't fabricate timelines out of thin air when you reset. You simply travel to a new timeline, there's no reason they can't repeat, and in fact, you may repeat a FUN value when resetting (Start at FUN 88, go to FUN 52 then back to 88 is possible). However many times they reset won't affect the total number of timelines.

Don't try to say "If they return, the timeline will be in the same state as they were when they left", the reset also rewinds time. We have 100 timelines max.
We might have access to only one timeline at a time but all those other timelines still exist in the game world, its not like the timelines we aren't using exist outside the game world or smthn.
They don't. The game, the metaphysical reality which we consider as a game, the executable, does not have all these timelines loaded in at all. If you're arguing a meta-destruction of the game itself, you have to acknowledge the fact the game isn't using any of it's memory to do anything with these timelines, they aren't stored anywhere, they aren't even acknowledged in the files except the FUN Values, which doesn't hold them, it just tells which timeline the game has to interpret. Chara only destroyed the timeline the player and the game were in.

Now, if you want to argue that Chara destroyed not only the game, but all the cosmology, you'd need to prove that. These are not mutually inclusive at all.
Characters have referred to the game by world before, including toby fox in a Q&A about deltarune, so it should scale to the whole multiversal cosmology, considering that the game world still contains all these timelines within it as explained above.
False Equivalency, the word "Sekai/World" (like in the Japanese version) can mean multiple things. Asriel refers to the timeline as "world" too. It doesn't stick to one single context because Toby said it once.

Agree lmao just for fun like it was with Player.

And thing gonna get worse because Asgore shall definitely upscale much higher than 9-A.

After all, he fought 2 greatest magician of humanity which was > human souls.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO ADD DREAM MANIP TO ASRIEL

I can't even link this thread in my blog as an extra help for people to see some discussions about the topic because this is worthless, as an actual description, not an insult. This contributes nothing and thinking that it would in any way while seeing it makes the guy who made it a fraud and the users agreeing pushovers. The thread's not being immortalized that way and so there is goodwill to explain things detailly while it's open, if the effort can come both ways then that would be standard.

I can't even link this thread in my blog as an extra help for people to see some discussions about the topic because this is worthless, as an actual description, not an insult. This contributes nothing and thinking that it would in any way while seeing it makes the guy who made it a fraud and the users agreeing pushovers. The thread's not being immortalized that way and so there is goodwill to explain things detailly while it's open, if the effort can come both ways then that would be standard.
Eficiente, I've seen you do this in a bunch of other threads so I thought I'd speak up. Regardless whether you're right or wrong (and I genuinely have no idea, I don't care for the topic) you're blatantly insulting the intelligence of OP and everyone who agreed based on your own subjective opinion. You haven't been insulted, you haven't been treated rudely, nothing has even remotely warranted this.

Tone it down, you don't get to act like you're the smartest person in the room just because you've got a brown tag under your name and you definitely don't get to act like everyone else is a moron.

Playing a bit of devil's advocate here, but Chara's statement gets contradicted with this interpretation.

"Let's erase this pointless world and move on to the next"

If "this world = this timeline", then shouldn't "the next = another timeline"?
Is Chara changing what world means mid sentence? Is the void you end up meant to be "the next world"?

Playing a bit of devil's advocate here, but Chara's statement gets contradicted with this interpretation.

"Let's erase this pointless world and move on to the next"

If "this world = this timeline", then shouldn't "the next = another timeline"?
Is Chara changing what world means mid sentence? Is the void you end up meant to be "the next world"?
They are talking about a different timeline, yes. The Genocide-Pacifist Route was seemingly their objective given how they disapprove a second genocide playthrough and even suggests you going another path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back