• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The most off-topic thread on this site

Uh oh​

The combined forces of John Egbert and Pulsiman have declared your post STUPID. We recomend droping the subject immediately.

Well if its on another wiki than thats fine, but I don't want a page with 1 million categories anywhere near this Wiki, do you know how many bytes it would have?

i think he should post it on his godmodes wiki and have it say something like "beats anyone with less categories then it"

I think a page with 1000000 categories would crash even if you lived in Seoul and had the best internet in the world

Yellowpig10 said:
i don't think so, the most spammy pages on the wiki have never lagged me at all
Did you ever see the Spammy Absolute at its peak? it had 2 million bytes, for refrence, a page with 1 million categories would have of 14 million bytes

Seol404 said:
Yellowpig10 said:
Did you ever see the Spammy Absolute at its peak? it had 2 million bytes, for refrence, a page with 1 million categories would have of 14 million bytes
yeah i saw it, it did lag me but not alot, the only things on this wiki that ever destroyed my computer were the Colossal Quote and The Ultimate Colossal Quote

Yellowpig10 said:
Seol404 said:
Yellowpig10 said:
yeah i saw it, it did lag me but not alot, the only things on this wiki that ever destroyed my computer were the Colossal Quote and The Ultimate Colossal Quote
Which a page with 1 million categories would likely be comparable to

BTW, the 14 million byte estimate came from the assumption that all categories would only have 1 character, if each category contained 4 characters than the total bytes of the page would be over 18 million

18 million bytes... come to think of it, that would just be around 18 megabytes. Just an image would be larger than that page...

Copetan said:
18 million bytes... come to think of it, that would just be around 18 megabytes. Just an image would be larger than that page...
Well for some reason images take up zero bytes, explain that Cope!

Well for some reason images take up zero bytes, explain that Cope!

Okay, so I did a test, and even if you give the file the smallest allowable name, the "image" (more correctly, the link that refers to the image) would still be 14 bytes (if you want to see for yourself, look at this). But, the image still has to be downloaded so you can see it, even if the size of the image doesn't show up on the page itself. If you inspect a Network Monitor while loading the page, you'll see that the image is downloaded, this image being 6.56 MB in size, which is about 6,560,000 bytes.

DemoImage

Yeah, but it doesn't affect the page bytes by anything, the only thing that affects the page bytes is the name of the image file, otherwise every page would lag to shit for me and I wouldn't even be able to edit any page without my tab freezing on me, so if you are trying to tell me that a 14 million byte page wouldn't lag you are objectively wrong

In a scale from 1 to ∞, how many A's would your scream have if Jevil and Spingy were to team up?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!

The poll was created at 14:45 on November 27, 2018, and so far 3 people voted.
Please wait, submitting your vote...

Back